IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Jagannatha Hora FULL version will henceforth be... (On Feb 24, 2005)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

I am forwarding this mail from PVR that got posted in Jyotish Group on Thu Feb

24, 2005 8:43 am - in memory of the historic event of JHora becoming free; a

beneficial event for the whole astrological community; a contribution for which

PVR would be remembered for long. Memories of good events are always a pleasure

to have. Let us remember and keep record of this event as well. :) Time flow and

it is always good to recapture - where we stand, and to reassess ourselves - and

decide the future path.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, " Narasimha P.V.R. Rao " <pvr wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavate Satyadevaaya

Namaste friends,

A lot of people are using the free lite version of " Jagannatha Hora " software

written by me. We have also been selling the full version of the software

commercially.

I am aware that a lot of serious astrology students, whose studies and

researches could benefit from having the full version, cannot afford to buy the

software, even though it is one of the cheapest around.

My purpose in writing this software was not to make money. I personally do not

want a single cent from Jyotish. However, we decided to charge money so as to

not hurt other software vendors, cover expenses like the ephemeris cost and also

raise some money that can be used as emergency backup for important research and

teaching activities.

I now have the blessings and encouragement of Sanjay ji and other well-wishers

to do what my heart tells me to do. Today is the auspicious day of Magha

Pournima. I just finished my monthly Satya Narayana Vratam. This is a special

day. It has been exactly 54 lunar months since I started doing Satya Narayana

Vratam every month (54 is half of 108). On this auspicious occasion, I am

pleased to announce that " Jagannatha Hora " full version will henceforth be free!

We are grateful to those who supported us and bought the full version of the

software until now. The money they spent on the software was used for expenses

like buying the ephemeris and the remaining money is planned to be used only as

an emergency backup for our teaching, research and writing activities. I do not

plan to use any of that money for private purposes.

In my humble opinion, " Jagannatha Hora " is a niche software with stress on

calculations and calculation options and not on presentation and aesthetics. I

intentionally left " Jagannatha Hora " wanting in some areas like aesthetics and

professional presentation, so that it does not really compete with other

commercial programs. We certainly do not want to hurt Jyotish software vendors,

who rendered and are rendering great service to the Jyotish community. I believe

that professional practitioners will still continue to need other software

programs, while researchers and students can take advantage of my free software.

I can put links to the webpages of other Jyotish software vendors on my free

software download page. Those who visit my website for downloading the software

will be requested to visit those pages if they want something more professional.

If you are a Jyotish software vendor and are interested in having a link to your

site on my download page, please do send me the address of your site. I will add

a link at the earliest opportunity. I don't expect you to reciprocate this,

though you are welcome to.

There are two versions available for downloading. One version is 3.5 MB in size.

It contains an accurate ephemeris for 1800-2400 AD and uses an approximate

planetary model for other years. It does not have the full international atlas.

It has a brief version of the help.

The other version available for downloading is 4.7 MB in size. It contains more

detailed online help and Indian fonts to display charts in Indian languages.

The complete version containing an accurate ephemeris for 5400 BC-5400 AD and an

atlas containing half million US cities and 2 million international cities is 56

MB in size and I cannot make it available for downloading. My website cannot

handle that kind of bandwidth. So we will have to mail it in CDs. As buying CDs,

burning them and mailing them costs us money, we will request you to make a

voluntary donation to cover our costs. We will mail you the CD and please donate

some money within your abilities. You can find other details on my website.

Please go to http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/jh and get further details. Those

who bought the full version 5.0 or 6.0 can upgrade to 7.0 at

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/jhup (if you only have the lite version, upgrade

will not work and you will need a fresh installation).

Those in India will be able to get the CDs from SJC, New Delhi at a very cheap

price that, as per my understanding, just covers the expenses.

With this version, I give everybody the permission to re-distribute this

software, provided the original copyright notices are retained and the operation

is not commercialized. You can make copies of the CD and dsitribute them to

Jyotishis in your country without removing the original copyright notice and by

restricting the money you charge to what it costs you to make and distribute the

CD (i.e. no profiteering).

Sanjay ji informed me that copies of this CD may be included with " Jyotish

Digest " magazine and given to its rs in the coming months.

I certainly hope that every astrology student and researcher gets a copy of this

free software! Then my purpose in writing this software would have been served.

In this version, I have added the option to exclude nodal lordship in arudha

pada calculation. I have also added two options to exclude the exceptions in

bhava and graha arudha pada calculations. Chara dasa as per Sri KN Rao's

teachings is also available.

Though this software is from the " Sri Jagannath Centre " stable, I will remain

respectful to savants and scholars who disagree with our views and will try to

help their followers too.

If there are other options you like to see in the software to follow your

favorite teachers, please do ask me. If and when I get time, I will add the

options.

In the long run, I am thinking of making this an open source community project.

I will open the source code to everyone, so that other software engineers can

add features they like to the software and use them. However, there is no

timeframe for it right now. There are many details that I need to clearly plan

before I take that step. I have a very busy professional and personal life. As

and when I get time, I will plan various details and implement this vision. But,

I expect it to happen in the next 3-4 years. For now, the source code is not

available, but the software program is available for free and enjoy it!

I am a Jyotish student and researcher and my goal is to encourage other students

and researchers to find Truth. I and Sri Jagannath Centre are committed to

helping Jyotish researchers in their pursuit of Truth, without any selfish

motivations.

What we request you in return is your good will and blessings. The value of

blessings of fellow human beings is so under-rated in today's world, in

comparison to the value of money! But it is the blessings of elders and

well-wishers that gives me the energy to do all that I get to do. Thank you all

for your kind blessings! Please continue to shower your blessings on me and SJC!

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

-------------------------------

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

-------------------------------

, " Dr Satya Prakash Choudhary "

<satyaprakasika wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha,

>

>

> " All gifts, the gift of dhamma does excel "

>

> -- the Buddha

>

>

>

> Great gesture from your side. I appreciate your contribution to

> jyotish lovers/researchers. A gift such as this brings great merit

> and will hopefully go a long way in your own pursuits. As the

> Buddhist teaching goes, dana (gift) can be of three types.

>

>

> 1.Amisa dana (material gifts)

> 2.Abhaya dana (gift on non-fear or refuge)

> 3.Dhamma dana (gift of dhamma/dharma)

>

>

> Any useful teaching/knowledge given to others falls under the dharma

> dana category.

>

> All material things wear out with use, but Dharma and knowledge

> increase with practice. I believe that this gift of a tool that is so

> useful in the pursuit of knowledge (even if it belongs to the

> category of lower vidya) done selflessly by you will bring cosmic

> blessings.

>

>

> As the saying goes, 'dharmo rakshati rakshitah'.

>

>

> Regards,

> Satya Prakash

>

--- End forwarded message ---

Pranams,Mr.Sreenadh ji,Thanks for the good gesture of gratitude shown for Mr.Jagannadha Hora Narasimha Rao.Your information felicitated me to down load the said software and preserve it in a flash-drive dislodging my erstwhile Star- dust floppy disk which got purchased Rs.100/= in year 1999.This software seems to be wonderful and I presume it would consume my many years to explore its full utility .Is there any "Key" book to this software explaining that "how" and "what for" a particular proviso is made available etc.,Please advise.Cheers to Mr.Jagannadha Hora Narasimha Rao! Long live Mr.Jagannadha Hora Narasimha Rao!!Good hearts cheer to remember good peopleRegards/Dhananjayan--- On Mon, 19/10/09, sreesog <sreesog wrote:sreesog <sreesog Fwd: "Jagannatha Hora" FULL version will henceforth be... (On Feb 24, 2005) Date: Monday, 19 October, 2009,

4:59 PM

Dear All,

I am forwarding this mail from PVR that got posted in Jyotish Group on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:43 am - in memory of the historic event of JHora becoming free; a beneficial event for the whole astrological community; a contribution for which PVR would be remembered for long. Memories of good events are always a pleasure to have. Let us remember and keep record of this event as well. :) Time flow and it is always good to recapture - where we stand, and to reassess ourselves - and decide the future path.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvr wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavate Satyadevaaya

Namaste friends,

A lot of people are using the free lite version of "Jagannatha Hora" software written by me. We have also been selling the full version of the software commercially.

I am aware that a lot of serious astrology students, whose studies and researches could benefit from having the full version, cannot afford to buy the software, even though it is one of the cheapest around.

My purpose in writing this software was not to make money. I personally do not want a single cent from Jyotish. However, we decided to charge money so as to not hurt other software vendors, cover expenses like the ephemeris cost and also raise some money that can be used as emergency backup for important research and teaching activities.

I now have the blessings and encouragement of Sanjay ji and other well-wishers to do what my heart tells me to do. Today is the auspicious day of Magha Pournima. I just finished my monthly Satya Narayana Vratam. This is a special day. It has been exactly 54 lunar months since I started doing Satya Narayana Vratam every month (54 is half of 108). On this auspicious occasion, I am pleased to announce that "Jagannatha Hora" full version will henceforth be free!

We are grateful to those who supported us and bought the full version of the software until now. The money they spent on the software was used for expenses like buying the ephemeris and the remaining money is planned to be used only as an emergency backup for our teaching, research and writing activities. I do not plan to use any of that money for private purposes.

In my humble opinion, "Jagannatha Hora" is a niche software with stress on calculations and calculation options and not on presentation and aesthetics. I intentionally left "Jagannatha Hora" wanting in some areas like aesthetics and professional presentation, so that it does not really compete with other commercial programs. We certainly do not want to hurt Jyotish software vendors, who rendered and are rendering great service to the Jyotish community. I believe that professional practitioners will still continue to need other software programs, while researchers and students can take advantage of my free software.

I can put links to the webpages of other Jyotish software vendors on my free software download page. Those who visit my website for downloading the software will be requested to visit those pages if they want something more professional. If you are a Jyotish software vendor and are interested in having a link to your site on my download page, please do send me the address of your site. I will add a link at the earliest opportunity. I don't expect you to reciprocate this, though you are welcome to.

There are two versions available for downloading. One version is 3.5 MB in size. It contains an accurate ephemeris for 1800-2400 AD and uses an approximate planetary model for other years. It does not have the full international atlas. It has a brief version of the help.

The other version available for downloading is 4.7 MB in size. It contains more detailed online help and Indian fonts to display charts in Indian languages.

The complete version containing an accurate ephemeris for 5400 BC-5400 AD and an atlas containing half million US cities and 2 million international cities is 56 MB in size and I cannot make it available for downloading. My website cannot handle that kind of bandwidth. So we will have to mail it in CDs. As buying CDs, burning them and mailing them costs us money, we will request you to make a voluntary donation to cover our costs. We will mail you the CD and please donate some money within your abilities. You can find other details on my website.

Please go to http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ jh and get further details. Those who bought the full version 5.0 or 6.0 can upgrade to 7.0 at http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ jhup (if you only have the lite version, upgrade will not work and you will need a fresh installation) .

Those in India will be able to get the CDs from SJC, New Delhi at a very cheap price that, as per my understanding, just covers the expenses.

With this version, I give everybody the permission to re-distribute this software, provided the original copyright notices are retained and the operation is not commercialized. You can make copies of the CD and dsitribute them to Jyotishis in your country without removing the original copyright notice and by restricting the money you charge to what it costs you to make and distribute the CD (i.e. no profiteering) .

Sanjay ji informed me that copies of this CD may be included with "Jyotish Digest" magazine and given to its rs in the coming months.

I certainly hope that every astrology student and researcher gets a copy of this free software! Then my purpose in writing this software would have been served.

In this version, I have added the option to exclude nodal lordship in arudha pada calculation. I have also added two options to exclude the exceptions in bhava and graha arudha pada calculations. Chara dasa as per Sri KN Rao's teachings is also available.

Though this software is from the "Sri Jagannath Centre" stable, I will remain respectful to savants and scholars who disagree with our views and will try to help their followers too.

If there are other options you like to see in the software to follow your favorite teachers, please do ask me. If and when I get time, I will add the options.

In the long run, I am thinking of making this an open source community project. I will open the source code to everyone, so that other software engineers can add features they like to the software and use them. However, there is no timeframe for it right now. There are many details that I need to clearly plan before I take that step. I have a very busy professional and personal life. As and when I get time, I will plan various details and implement this vision. But, I expect it to happen in the next 3-4 years. For now, the source code is not available, but the software program is available for free and enjoy it!

I am a Jyotish student and researcher and my goal is to encourage other students and researchers to find Truth. I and Sri Jagannath Centre are committed to helping Jyotish researchers in their pursuit of Truth, without any selfish motivations.

What we request you in return is your good will and blessings. The value of blessings of fellow human beings is so under-rated in today's world, in comparison to the value of money! But it is the blessings of elders and well-wishers that gives me the energy to do all that I get to do. Thank you all for your kind blessings! Please continue to shower your blessings on me and SJC!

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.org

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

, "Dr Satya Prakash Choudhary" <satyaprakasika@ ...> wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Dear Narasimha,

>

>

> "All gifts, the gift of dhamma does excel"

>

> -- the Buddha

>

>

>

> Great gesture from your side. I appreciate your contribution to

> jyotish lovers/researchers. A gift such as this brings great merit

> and will hopefully go a long way in your own pursuits. As the

> Buddhist teaching goes, dana (gift) can be of three types.

>

>

> 1.Amisa dana (material gifts)

> 2.Abhaya dana (gift on non-fear or refuge)

> 3.Dhamma dana (gift of dhamma/dharma)

>

>

> Any useful teaching/knowledge given to others falls under the dharma

> dana category.

>

> All material things wear out with use, but Dharma and knowledge

> increase with practice. I believe that this gift of a tool that is so

> useful in the pursuit of knowledge (even if it belongs to the

> category of lower vidya) done selflessly by you will bring cosmic

> blessings.

>

>

> As the saying goes, 'dharmo rakshati rakshitah'.

>

>

> Regards,

> Satya Prakash

>

--- End forwarded message ---

Get your new Email address!

Grab the Email name you've always wanted before someone else does!