IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: VARGAS YES OR NO 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh Ji,

Every great teacher has an unique way of writing and presenting things. If one reads the books of some authors, all of a sudden you cannot put the book down until one has tried several charts with each technique mentioned. Both Sri Iyer and Shri K N Rao belong to the above category. By now Shri KNR is a legend and almost every one has read his books and his unique style of expressing the knowledge. For learners, I urge them to read Shri Seshadri Iyer's books as well, not just for Vargas, but for several interesting ideas and analysis. Ofcourse a prudent reader will find points mentioned by both autors that they may not agree with or will be conflicting. That does not reduce the greatness of these teachers, only enhances it. Both of them have fearlessly proposed radical ways of reading charts and charting new courses.

Regards,

-Manoj

sreesog <sreesog Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 3:23:38 AM Fwd: Re: VARGAS YES OR NO 1

, "Dr Satya Prakash Choudhary" <satyaprakasika@ ...> wrote:>I was the first to use these vargas in my articles though it is >Sheshadri Iyer who mentioned them in his books. >There are no clues given anywhere on the interpretations of varga >charts. I had to do my own observations, very simple one though. My first teacher of predictive astrology was a friend and student of Sri Seshadri Iyer. Yet I always felt that Sri Iyer's research in the vargas does not give sufficient depth, though it does give some very useful principles. Later I read Sri K. N. Rao's articles in the Astrological magazine in the early nineties (some of which later came in his books) where he made use of the vargas. By the nineties most serious

astrologers were now using the vargas as a result of Rao ji's efforts. Unfortunately in the field of astrology, not everyone feels the need to acknowledge their source! Undoubtedly Sri K. N. Rao is the champion and trendsetter. Some may have noticed that I address Raoji with a pranaam when I address an email to him directly. He is the only one I do this to among those who never taught me directly. In fact I never do this for any other astrologer in an email. This is out of gratitude for what I picked from his articles at a time when I was losing interest in Jyotisha in favour of Yoga-Vedanta (especially with some of my vedanta acharyas sugesting that I don't waste time on predictive astrology). This was partly due to frustration with the field. Whether people acknowledge or not, he is undoubtedly head and shoulders above a host of scholars like Sri P. S. Sastry, Sri Madhura Krishnamurthi, Sri

D. V. Subba Rao etc in his contribution to predictive astrology. Some of these scholars may be greater than Sri Rao in their scholarship in other areas or for their classical knowledge. But no one has done so much for *predictive astrology* in a *PRACTICAL* way. Moreover with no commercial agenda.I have also learnt from Sri D. V. Subba Rao's works. He is another great astrologer who wrote with clarity. I am writing all this for two reasons. Firstly for the beginner and secondly because it is appropriate to acknowledge if one has benefitted from another. Some of the beginners here may be confused with so many conflicting sources on the net. To them my suggestion is, till you grow confident, wherein doubt refer Sri Rao's works. Later you can see for yourself. Of course there will be those occassions where one may disagree or be capable of taking it even further. Do so by all means, but first lay

the foundation strongly.Regards,Satya Prakash, "knrao" <k_n_rao > wrote:>> VARGAS YES OR NO 1> Do not take sides. Just try, wait and watch. > Ask some questions:> 1) Do vargas work at all ?> 2) Is not what is happening and happened revealed sufficiently clearly from the birth horoscope and the navamsha, combined with transits , preferably on astakvarga ? This is the method I followed mostly, in more than eighty percent cases of successful predictions, a fraction of which I have given as case studies in my books. I was the first to use these vargas in my articles though it is Sheshadri Iyer who mentioned them in his books. > There are no clues given anywhere on the interpretations of varga charts. I had to do my own

observations, very simple one though. > Interestingly I found that in the dashamansha, planets owning or connected with the seventh house were good periods in one's career. If the antardasha lord was exalted, or in its own house etc. is was favovourable, but if placed in eighth house there was some "story" in such a rise. The tenth house ofcourse its normal role. > > > Yours,> K.N.Rao.> F-291 Saraswati Kunj,> Patpatganj,> Delhi 110092--- End forwarded message ---