IndiaDivine.org

Longivity and some thoughts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Anita ji,//But sometimes there are no pointers in the horoscope at all which can make a person know that there is bad time going on unless one makes an in depth study of the navamsa, etc. // May be it is that there were pointers in the horoscope but we missed it in the first look; may be it is that the life reached the end of natural longivity (as indicated by astrological Ayurdaya calculations) and even in the absence of any other special indications life ended there. Life is like that. But always there would be pointers - even if we are unable to locate them. Astrologically Ayurdaya calculations (using Pindadasa etc) is in itself an extensive field of study. While dealing with the calculation of maximum longevity (Parama Ayus) sakanda states - "Athata ayuschintaisha mahan bharoyamagrataH" Meaning "Now I will tell you how to calculate longevity; but this in itself is a difficult task (even though we can try with the many methods we have) that I am undertaking". The general belief among all is that "Nahi pramanam jantunam uttara kshena jeevane" [We are uncertain whether we would be alive the next moment or not! (Life is uncertain, and what will happen next moment who knows! None can be certain when death will happen - it is impossible to predict death)] It is said that there could be three reasons for death - ayuksheya (ending of longevity), punya ksheya (ending of piety), untimely death due to unnatural reasons. The following quote speaks about this - Maranam praninam drisham ayuH punyobhaya ksheyal Tayorapyakshaye dushtam vishma(a)pariharinam[Death can happen either since the longevity ended (naturally), or because the piety ended (due to bad deeds in this life). Even when both the above - i.e. natural longevity and piety is intact - then too death could happen due to poison etc if treatment is not provided in time] See how logical the words of ancient teachers are! Love and regards,Sreenadh , Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:>> Hello Sreenadh ji,> I made that observation based on the horoscope of my aunt who passed away last year within a few minutes, of a massive heart attack. She would have been 80 a month and a half later. she did not have any of the usual maraka dashas. NO maraka antar bhukthis, no malefic aspects on 3rd, 8th houses etc. > Of course there is the possibility that her horoscope is not very accurate since back in the old days, in the little villages, time was "guessed" depending on the arrival and departure of buses, you know they would say, " she / he was born approximately 20 minutes after the shringeri bus passed by".. etc, where as it could be 40 minutes since it passed by, that too if it was on time, when the child was born. This is a reality. We have to make allowances for this. Another of my aunts born in kerala ( :))) and was very good at astrology, passed away in sep this year and she was going through her third sadesati, third phase, with second lord saturn in 8th house leo, aspected by her 12th lord guru ( lagna being makara) - you know, all combinations which could kill were there. But sometimes there are no pointers in the horoscope at all which can make a person know that there is bad time going on unless one makes an in depth study of the navamsa, etc. > Regards,> Anita.

Dear Sreenadh ji,You have put the matter very nicely. I, for one, realised pretty early in life that if there is one certainty in life, it is the fact that it is very uncertain. . Regards, Anita--- On Thu, 22/10/09, sreesog <sreesog wrote:sreesog <sreesog Re: Longivity and some thoughts Date: Thursday, 22 October, 2009, 2:41 PM

Dear Anita ji,//But sometimes there are no pointers in the horoscope at all which can make a person know that there is bad time going on unless one makes an in depth study of the navamsa, etc. // May be it is that there were pointers in the horoscope but we missed it in the first look; may be it is that the life reached the end of natural longivity (as indicated by astrological Ayurdaya calculations) and even in the absence of any other special indications life ended there. Life is like that. But always there would be pointers - even if we are unable to locate them. Astrologically Ayurdaya calculations (using Pindadasa etc) is in itself an extensive field of study. While dealing with the calculation of maximum longevity (Parama Ayus) sakanda states - "Athata ayuschintaisha mahan bharoyamagrataH" Meaning "Now I will tell you how to

calculate longevity; but this in itself is a difficult task (even though we can try with the many methods we have) that I am undertaking" . The general belief among all is that "Nahi pramanam jantunam uttara kshena jeevane" [We are uncertain whether we would be alive the next moment or not! (Life is uncertain, and what will happen next moment who knows! None can be certain when death will happen - it is impossible to predict death)] It is said that there could be three reasons for death - ayuksheya (ending of longevity), punya ksheya (ending of piety), untimely death due to unnatural reasons. The following quote speaks about this - Maranam praninam drisham ayuH punyobhaya ksheyal Tayorapyakshaye dushtam vishma(a)pariharina m[Death can happen either since the longevity ended (naturally), or because the piety ended (due to bad deeds in this life). Even when both the above - i.e. natural

longevity and piety is intact - then too death could happen due to poison etc if treatment is not provided in time] See how logical the words of ancient teachers are! Love and regards,Sreenadhancient_indian_ astrology, Anita R <ash.rsh55@.. .> wrote:>> Hello Sreenadh ji,> I made that observation based on the horoscope of my aunt who passed away last year within a few minutes, of a massive heart attack. She would have been 80 a month and a half later. she did not have any of the usual maraka dashas. NO maraka antar bhukthis, no malefic aspects on 3rd, 8th houses etc. > Of course there is the possibility that her horoscope is not very accurate since back in the old days, in the little villages, time was "guessed" depending on the arrival and departure of buses, you know they would say, " she / he was born approximately 20 minutes after the shringeri bus passed

by".. etc, where as it could be 40 minutes since it passed by, that too if it was on time, when the child was born. This is a reality. We have to make allowances for this. Another of my aunts born in kerala ( :))) and was very good at astrology, passed away in sep this year and she was going through her third sadesati, third phase, with second lord saturn in 8th house leo, aspected by her 12th lord guru ( lagna being makara) - you know, all combinations which could kill were there. But sometimes there are no pointers in the horoscope at all which can make a person know that there is bad time going on unless one makes an in depth study of the navamsa, etc. > Regards,> Anita.

Try the new India Homepage.

Dear Anita ji,

Ha..Ha..You said it. :) But the wonder is that even in those uncertain grounds

the ancient astrological systems finds some footage and is able to arrive and

predict somewhat correctly! And that itself is what makes us wonder and ponder

over this ancient branch of knowledge! :)

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:

>

> Dear Sreenadh ji,

> You have put the matter very nicely. I, for one, realised pretty early in life

that if there is one certainty  in life, it is the fact that it is very

uncertain. .

> Regards,

> Anita

Dear Shrinadhji,

You must be right from your own angle. but one thing is sure that those who use

astrology as a means to achieve something, normally land up nowhere in life.

Usually the older people resort to astrology, having exhausted their energy to

exert themselves.

But the afflicted do seem to find some solace wih the astrologers. Thus it seems

to be more of a psychiatrist role of astrologers rather than the corretness of

predictions.Thus good psychiatrists and consolers seem to make good

astrologers.

Hari Malla

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Anita ji,

> Ha..Ha..You said it. :) But the wonder is that even in those uncertain

grounds the ancient astrological systems finds some footage and is able to

arrive and predict somewhat correctly! And that itself is what makes us wonder

and ponder over this ancient branch of knowledge! :)

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , Anita R <ash.rsh55@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sreenadh ji,

> > You have put the matter very nicely. I, for one, realised pretty early in

life that if there is one certainty  in life, it is the fact that it is very

uncertain. .

> > Regards,

> > Anita

>