IndiaDivine.org

sankrit scholars Please.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Anita ji,

I am not a Sanskrit scholar. But just thought of what your are searching for -

" devi amnaaya stotra " . Amnaaya means Veda; stotra means hymn. Thus " devi amnaaya

stotra " should simply mean the " The Vedic hymn in praise of Devi " . And I hope

now you could get it yourself. :) By the way Devi means Goddess and at times

used specifically to refer to Goddess Durga. Still I wonder which Devi (goddess)

is referred to here.

If there is a Durga stava (Hymn of Durga) in Vedas then that is what you are

searching for; if not the vedic hymn 'used' as 'durga stava' is what you are

searching for - it seems.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:

>

> Hi Dear All,

> Can any sanskrit scholar in the group tell me what exactly is the devi amnaaya

stotra and if possible tell me where I can get the script of it?

> Thanks,

> Anita

Dear Sreenadh ji,Devi Amnaya Stotra is used in Sri Vidya, so we are likely to find it in Sri Vidya manuals. I will try to see if I have access to soft copy. Just like the words Nigama and Agama refer to the canonical Agama texts as well as Veda, the word Amnaya too is used in many contexts. In Saiva-Sakta there are five Amnayas representing the five faces of Siva. It is the same in Saiva. Even in Sri Vidya Tantra there are five Amnayas and in a complete diskha (say for instance Paaduka diksha) there is a worship in all the five Amnayas. Shankarsreesog <sreesog Sent: Sat, October 24, 2009 9:32:25 AM Re: sankrit scholars Please.

Dear Anita ji,

I am not a Sanskrit scholar. But just thought of what your are searching for - "devi amnaaya stotra". Amnaaya means Veda; stotra means hymn. Thus "devi amnaaya stotra" should simply mean the "The Vedic hymn in praise of Devi". And I hope now you could get it yourself. :) By the way Devi means Goddess and at times used specifically to refer to Goddess Durga. Still I wonder which Devi (goddess) is referred to here.

If there is a Durga stava (Hymn of Durga) in Vedas then that is what you are searching for; if not the vedic hymn 'used' as 'durga stava' is what you are searching for - it seems.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

ancient_indian_ astrology, Anita R <ash.rsh55@. ..> wrote:

>

> Hi Dear All,

> Can any sanskrit scholar in the group tell me what exactly is the devi amnaaya stotra and if possible tell me where I can get the script of it?

> Thanks,

> Anita

Aum Shri Aum

Shri Gurubhyo Namah

Ammae Narayana

Aum Shri Krishna Guru

Respected members,

Prnams,

I am uploading a file on Amnaya in PDF form. Kindly check if it is the file

under discussion.

With pranams,

M.Suryanarayanan

, ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli

<shankarabharadwaj wrote:

>

> Dear Sreenadh ji,

>

> Devi Amnaya Stotra is used in Sri Vidya, so we are likely to find it in Sri

Vidya manuals. I will try to see if I have access to soft copy.

>

> Just like the words Nigama and Agama refer to the canonical Agama texts as

well as Veda, the word Amnaya too is used in many contexts. In Saiva-Sakta there

are five Amnayas representing the five faces of Siva. It is the same in Saiva.

Even in Sri Vidya Tantra there are five Amnayas and in a complete diskha (say

for instance Paaduka diksha) there is a worship in all the five Amnayas.

>

> Shankar

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> sreesog <sreesog

>

> Sat, October 24, 2009 9:32:25 AM

> Re: sankrit scholars Please.

>

>

> Dear Anita ji,

> I am not a Sanskrit scholar. But just thought of what your are searching for -

" devi amnaaya stotra " . Amnaaya means Veda; stotra means hymn. Thus " devi amnaaya

stotra " should simply mean the " The Vedic hymn in praise of Devi " . And I hope

now you could get it yourself. :) By the way Devi means Goddess and at times

used specifically to refer to Goddess Durga. Still I wonder which Devi (goddess)

is referred to here.

> If there is a Durga stava (Hymn of Durga) in Vedas then that is what you are

searching for; if not the vedic hymn 'used' as 'durga stava' is what you are

searching for - it seems.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, Anita R <ash.rsh55@ ..>

wrote:

> >

> > Hi Dear All,

> > Can any sanskrit scholar in the group tell me what exactly is the devi

amnaaya stotra and if possible tell me where I can get the script of it?

> > Thanks,

> > Anita

>

Respected Bharadhwaj ji,You are right. I am looking for the same thing. I would be very obliged if you send it on to me in case you are able to locate it. If not a soft copy , then the lyrics at least.Incidentally, our gothra is bharadhwaja and I am sure, yours too considering your name. All people with bharadhwaj gothra are supposed to be direct descendents of shri bharadhwaj muni. I visited the Bharadhwaj ashram ( much hyped about on the net) last year at prayag, with great expectations but I WAS rather disappointed. It was too commercial for my liking.Regards,Anita--- On Sat, 24/10/09, ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwaj wrote:ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwajRe: Re: sankrit scholars Please. Date: Saturday, 24 October, 2009, 5:58 AM

Dear Sreenadh ji,Devi Amnaya Stotra is used in Sri Vidya, so we are likely to find it in Sri Vidya manuals. I will try to see if I have access to soft copy. Just like the words Nigama and Agama refer to the canonical Agama texts as well as Veda, the word Amnaya too is used in many contexts. In Saiva-Sakta there are five Amnayas representing the five faces of Siva. It is the same in Saiva. Even in Sri Vidya Tantra there are five Amnayas and in a complete diskha (say for instance Paaduka diksha) there is a worship in all the five Amnayas. Shankarsreesog <sreesog >ancient_indian_ astrologySat, October 24, 2009 9:32:25 AM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: sankrit scholars Please.

Dear Anita ji,

I am not a Sanskrit scholar. But just thought of what your are searching for - "devi amnaaya stotra". Amnaaya means Veda; stotra means hymn. Thus "devi amnaaya stotra" should simply mean the "The Vedic hymn in praise of Devi". And I hope now you could get it yourself. :) By the way Devi means Goddess and at times used specifically to refer to Goddess Durga. Still I wonder which Devi (goddess) is referred to here.

If there is a Durga stava (Hymn of Durga) in Vedas then that is what you are searching for; if not the vedic hymn 'used' as 'durga stava' is what you are searching for - it seems.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

ancient_indian_ astrology, Anita R <ash.rsh55@. ..> wrote:

>

> Hi Dear All,

> Can any sanskrit scholar in the group tell me what exactly is the devi amnaaya stotra and if possible tell me where I can get the script of it?

> Thanks,

> Anita

Add whatever you love to the India homepage. Try now!