know that the prayers to a particular from of God [the choice of a

deity] will provide quick results if the choice is in consonance with

the 5th house & the occupants of the 5th house, etc; similarly, I am

curious as to the factors in a horoscope that would support a success in

raja-yoga OR those that would make a person more suitable for other

types of practices whether it be as simplistic as reading of Ramayan or

reciting of Vishnu-1000 or what ever [for some, the Vishnu-1000 may be

more effective and for some the Lalitha-1000 could provide quick results

- depending on the astrological factors].

Thanks & Regards,

Narayan

, Sunil Bhattacharjya

<sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:

>

> Dear Narayanji,

>

> You have undergone Vipassana training for ten days. That is good but

you have to keep in mind that the ten day course is just the beginning

course and there are advanced courses in Vipassana too. In the ten day

course they teach you to remain silent and meditate and observe the

effects of past karma on the body ie. for one se type of sensation only.

Please do not forget that there are five senses. If you want to pursue

advanced courses of Vipassana that is open to you. Further the ten day

practice is just an initaial training and lot of practice is required

to achive the desired results. May be even more than one lifetime. t

Vipassana is also a good and effective meditation technique but that is

mainly suitable for the monks as you must have noticed that yourself.

Goenkaji is popularising it for the last few decades. Before the

twentieth century no layman was trained in formal Vipassana course.

>

> Whichever course you take you have to have patience. Shri Aurobindo

was told by his guru Shri Lele to meditate for three days and night in

complete isolation and reject all thoughts as they come to mind as

outside thoughts and he achieved complete control after three days of

practice in isolation. You have several techniques but my suggestion

will be that in any technique have patience and you will yourself know

your progress by whatYoganandaji said

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

>

>

> --- On Mon, 11/2/09, kbvnarayan kbvnarayan wrote:

>

> kbvnarayan kbvnarayan

> success in raja-yoga

>

> Monday, November 2, 2009, 1:31 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

Sir,

>

>

>

> Could the learned members of the group here advise me regarding the

>

> combinations required for success in the practice of raja yoga.

>

>

>

> I tried practicing vipassyana [primarily attributed to the Buddhist

>

> system but broadly a variant of the raja yoga of Patanjali]. Underwent

>

> training for about 10 days and there after practiced for about 100

days.

>

> While most of the participants in my class started experiencing

>

> vibrations & sensations in their body - I had been totally impervious.

>

>

>

> Many times I also find that I have become a totally left-brained

person

>

> & totally lost the functionality of the right-brain.

>

>

>

> Some thing not right with my 5th house ??? [born 22:55 hrs,

19-Nov-1955,

>

> Vijayawada].

>

>

>

> Thanks & Regards,

>

> Narayan

>

Who can say with authority and guarantee which God you must worship ?

1) Planets in 5th ?

2) Lord of 5th ?

3) planet aspecting 5th Lord ?

4) planet in conjunction with 5th Lord ?

5) The dispositior of Moon ?

6) The navamsha dispositor of Moon ?

7) the atmakaraka planet ?

8) the atmakaraka dispositor ?

9) the Lagna Lord ?

10) the 5th cuspal Sub lord ?

We can go on and on. Ultimately you must decide which God you like in form and leela and worship the same. Nobody can decide this for You.

In Bhagavad Gita its clearly said by the Lord that whatever form you worship, I will keep increasing your aastha and faith in that God.

One can also reach the Ultimate in a Lifetime if he starts early and behaves as per the dictums mentioned in the path one is following. Again if one cannot complete his Aradhna in this birth then Lord Krishna has promised that he will be able to complete it in the next births as God will arrange for the Bhakt to be born in a devotional family.

If one is really serious then one can also with right sadhana complete what he has to within 12 years or multiples of 12 years in this same Life.

The Desire has to be there. The horoscope, or choice of Guru, or which God one must worship, must all be left to God who will allow you this knowledge when you are ready for this.

Raj yoga or effective results if one is looking for by recitation of this or that sahasranamavali, then it would not be more follish then searching for salt in water.

There is no difference in a Bhakta between Vishnu and Shankar, Laxmi or Durga, Rama or Krishna.

The unfortunate part is that we are more educated then necessary, hence these queries arrive. If born in a village such questions do not arise at all. one takes to actions immediately instead of senseless contemplations.

dev dev aalasi pukara....

RajYoga, japaYoga, Bhakti Yoga, JnanaYoga or whatever, we need not make choices, it happens if one is sincere. In most cases some of them go together simultaneously and the choice is made at a very later stage when the Bhakta becomes mature and is able to view (as in thoughts) (Not see literally) Nirakaar.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "kbvnarayan" <kbvnarayan wrote:>> Thank you, Sir. For the guidance. Yes Sir, based on the 10th day's> discourse by Shri Goenka ji, I could imagine that the path is quite> lengthy and may take more than one life time even to have perceptible> results. While I am really grateful for your guidance in being patient & > not looking for spectacular results, I would like to clarify that I gave> my case as an example.> > My query was out of curiosity from the astrological angle. Like we all> know that the prayers to a particular from of God [the choice of a> deity] will provide quick results if the choice is in consonance with> the 5th house & the occupants of the 5th house, etc; similarly, I am> curious as to the factors in a horoscope that would support a success in> raja-yoga OR those that would make a person more suitable for other> types of practices whether it be as simplistic as reading of Ramayan or> reciting of Vishnu-1000 or what ever [for some, the Vishnu-1000 may be> more effective and for some the Lalitha-1000 could provide quick results> - depending on the astrological factors].> > > Thanks & Regards,> Narayan> > > > > , Sunil Bhattacharjya> sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> >> > Dear Narayanji,> >> > You have undergone Vipassana training for ten days. That is good but> you have to keep in mind that the ten day course is just the beginning> course and there are advanced courses in Vipassana too. In the ten day> course they teach you to remain silent and meditate and observe the> effects of past karma on the body ie. for one se type of sensation only.> Please do not forget that there are five senses. If you want to pursue> advanced courses of Vipassana that is open to you. Further the ten day> practice is just an initaial training and lot of practice is required> to achive the desired results. May be even more than one lifetime. t> Vipassana is also a good and effective meditation technique but that is> mainly suitable for the monks as you must have noticed that yourself.> Goenkaji is popularising it for the last few decades. Before the> twentieth century no layman was trained in formal Vipassana course.> >> > Whichever course you take you have to have patience. Shri Aurobindo> was told by his guru Shri Lele to meditate for three days and night in> complete isolation and reject all thoughts as they come to mind as> outside thoughts and he achieved complete control after three days of> practice in isolation. You have several techniques but my suggestion> will be that in any technique have patience and you will yourself know> your progress by whatYoganandaji said> >> > Best wishes,> >> > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> >> >> > --- On Mon, 11/2/09, kbvnarayan kbvnarayan@ wrote:> >> > kbvnarayan kbvnarayan@> > success in raja-yoga> > > > Monday, November 2, 2009, 1:31 AM> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Sir,> >> >> >> > Could the learned members of the group here advise me regarding the> >> > combinations required for success in the practice of raja yoga.> >> >> >> > I tried practicing vipassyana [primarily attributed to the Buddhist> >> > system but broadly a variant of the raja yoga of Patanjali]. Underwent> >> > training for about 10 days and there after practiced for about 100> days.> >> > While most of the participants in my class started experiencing> >> > vibrations & sensations in their body - I had been totally impervious.> >> >> >> > Many times I also find that I have become a totally left-brained> person> >> > & totally lost the functionality of the right-brain.> >> >> >> > Some thing not right with my 5th house ??? [born 22:55 hrs,> 19-Nov-1955,> >> > Vijayawada].> >> >> >> > Thanks & Regards,> >> > Narayan> >>