IndiaDivine.org

Progressed Lagna (Sasanka Saradeeya Reference)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, Let me quote the Sasanka Saradeeya reference based on which the lagna progression method was elaborated by me. The quote is as follows -Pradakshinyena chakre narabhavana jusham kheta bhavaH vichintyaHVamanam vamatopi prathitataramimam margamaryaH vadantiNochedacharyahora nigamasatamapi prayasonyonyaviddhamSiddham samudrikayamapi cha parinayaH prapnuyadatra soukhyam (Sasanka Saradeeyam)[The houses should be considered (counted) Clockwise in case of Odd houses (male houses), and Anticlockwise in case of Even houses (female houses). This is the best method says the reputed knowledgeable ones (ancient scholars). Otherwise numerous ancient Rishi horas and ancient advices will become mutually contradicting. The same rule is evident from Samudrika Sastra as well (for example it is said that right hand of male and left hand of female should be seen etc). For well being (of the couple) the the same should be followed in marriage matching as well (please note that Sasanka Saradeeya is a text on marriage matching)] The Kerala astrologers derives the method of - Clockwise lagna progression for Odd houses and Anticlockwise lagna progression for the Even houses - from the first two lines of the above quote. This is a well taught, traditional, practical advice regarding the application of an ancient advice. Since it is said that the method is "Prathia taram" (Best among the best) - it deserves our attention and it would be worthy spending some time on this method. Note: This quote may have many more pointers, but those are not our point of discussion here. Here our attention is on the Lagna progression method that get derived from the above quote - clockwise for Odd houses and Anticlockwise for Even houses. Love and regards,Sreenadh

Dear Sreenadh ji,yes i agree with you.I am aplying the technique to many spheres as well.....Love and regards,gopi. , "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Gopi ji,> Sasanka Saradeeyam is a text that deals with marriage matching,> therefore what the scholar Sasanka Sarada is asking us is to apply the> same in marriage matching. But that does not mean that the general> technique he states should not be applied anywhere else. This is the> very reason for the traditional astrologers applying the same in various> other situations as well. Advice is one thing, and its practical> applications another. Like any practical astrologer know well, even> simple looking slokas has many complex applications. I have shown this> in this group itself - through threads such as "A secret revealed", > "Vasya signs" etc in this group based on slokas such as "Hora kendra> thikonebhaya" (from Prasna marga), "Kanda kendra... " (from Brihat> Jataka) etc. The same is true about this Sasanka Saradeeya quote.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "gopalakrishna"> gopi_b927@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh ji,> > // For well being (of the couple) the the same should be followed in> > marriage matching as well (please note that Sasanka Saradeeya is a> text> > on marriage matching)]//> > according to the above should we take this only for marriage> matching?as> > per the classic i mean?......> > Love and regards,> > gopi.> >> > , "sreesog" sreesog@> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear All,> > > Let me quote the Sasanka Saradeeya reference based on which the> > lagna> > > progression method was elaborated by me. The quote is as follows -> > > Pradakshinyena chakre narabhavana jusham kheta bhavaH vichintyaH> > > Vamanam vamatopi prathitataramimam margamaryaH vadanti> > > Nochedacharyahora nigamasatamapi prayasonyonyaviddham> > > Siddham samudrikayamapi cha parinayaH prapnuyadatra soukhyam> > >> > > (Sasanka Saradeeyam)> > > [The houses should be considered (counted) Clockwise in case of Odd> > > houses (male houses), and Anticlockwise in case of Even houses> (female> > > houses). This is the best method says the reputed knowledgeable ones> > > (ancient scholars). Otherwise numerous ancient Rishi horas and> > ancient> > > advices will become mutually contradicting. The same rule is> evident> > > from Samudrika Sastra as well (for example it is said that right> hand> > of> > > male and left hand of female should be seen etc). For well being> (of> > > the couple) the the same should be followed in marriage matching as> > well> > > (please note that Sasanka Saradeeya is a text on marriage matching)]> > > The Kerala astrologers derives the method of - Clockwise lagna> > > progression for Odd houses and Anticlockwise lagna progression for> the> > > Even houses - from the first two lines of the above quote. This is> a> > > well taught, traditional, practical advice regarding the application> > of> > > an ancient advice. Since it is said that the method is "Prathia> taram"> > > (Best among the best) - it deserves our attention and it would be> > > worthy spending some time on this method.> > >> > > Note: This quote may have many more pointers, but those are not our> > > point of discussion here. Here our attention is on the Lagna> > progression> > > method that get derived from the above quote - clockwise for Odd> > houses> > > and Anticlockwise for Even houses.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

Dear Balasubramaniam ji,vanakkam.I wrote about the technique's application only but not about excel work sheet since i have not even seen it.I am sorry since i am not familiar as well.Hope it is clear.Love and regards,gopi. , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gopiji,> >           Namaste. The application part is a bit difficult for me to understand. Will you please explain the usage of the excel sheet and erecting the chart with some examples.> > Thanks in advance.> With best regards,> S.R.Balasubramaniam

Dear Balasubramaniam ji, I am not much familiar with this method. But let me explain based on my own chart. * Lagna sputa is 5-10-21 (i.e. 10 deg 21 min in Virgo sign) * The progressed lagna entered Virgo when I was 35 years 8 months of age. (Year) - Virgo was my natal lagna as well. * I was supposed to experience the events such as marriage after 7 months from that day (when I would be 36 years 3 months) since my I was supposed to experience the effects of Pisces sign (7th house from my natal lagna, as well as progressed lagna). * When I was 36 years 3 months my marriage happened. But a clear point to be noted here is that it was NOT the period between Mar 15 - Apr 15 (as we would expect since it was Pisces sign that was active) but was between Feb 15 - Mar 15 - i.e. Aquarius. So the advice would be to avoid confusing the age and the English dates. If I derive that my marriage is supposed to happen after 7 months from the date of entry of the Progressed lagna (let me call it Muntha Lagna) into the Virgo sign then I would be correct. I check the calender to see which month it would be and could identify it as Feb (rather than March) - it seems. But please note that one example - should not lead to a conclusion. You can check any number of charts for which the event is already known, experiment with the tool and then start applying it for future predictions. Hope this helps.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gopiji,> >           Namaste. The application part is a bit difficult for me to understand. Will you please explain the usage of the excel sheet and erecting the chart with some examples.> > Thanks in advance.> With best regards,> S.R.Balasubramaniam> > --- On Sat, 21/11/09, gopalakrishna gopi_b927 wrote:> > gopalakrishna gopi_b927 Re: Progressed Lagna (Sasanka Saradeeya Reference)> > Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 10:59 PM> > > > > > > >  > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> yes i agree with you.I am aplying the technique to many spheres as well.....> Love and regards,> gopi.> ancient_indian_ astrology, "sreesog" sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Gopi ji,> > Sasanka Saradeeyam is a text that deals with marriage matching,> > therefore what the scholar Sasanka Sarada is asking us is to apply the> > same in marriage matching. But that does not mean that the general> > technique he states should not be applied anywhere else. This is the> > very reason for the traditional astrologers applying the same in various> > other situations as well. Advice is one thing, and its practical> > applications another. Like any practical astrologer know well, even> > simple looking slokas has many complex applications. I have shown this> > in this group itself - through threads such as "A secret revealed",> > "Vasya signs" etc in this group based on slokas such as "Hora kendra> > thikonebhaya" (from Prasna marga), "Kanda kendra... " (from Brihat> > Jataka) etc. The same is true about this Sasanka Saradeeya quote.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh

Dear Sreenadhji, Namaste. It is very kind of you to clarify with patience. I have followed the thread very intently. But some of the mails confused me and now I am clear. Thank you.With regards,S.R.Balasubramaniam--- On Sun, 22/11/09, sreesog <sreesog wrote:sreesog <sreesog Re: Progressed Lagna (Sasanka Saradeeya Reference) Date: Sunday, 22 November, 2009, 3:47 PM

Dear Balasubramaniam ji, I am not much familiar with this method. But let me explain based on my own chart. * Lagna sputa is 5-10-21 (i.e. 10 deg 21 min in Virgo sign) * The progressed lagna entered Virgo when I was 35 years 8 months of age. (Year) - Virgo was my natal lagna as well. * I was supposed to experience the events such as marriage after 7 months from that day (when I would be 36 years 3 months) since my I was supposed to experience the effects of Pisces sign (7th house from my natal lagna, as well as progressed lagna). * When I was 36 years 3 months my marriage happened. But a clear point to be noted here is that it was NOT the period between Mar 15 - Apr 15 (as we would expect since it was Pisces sign that was active) but was between Feb 15 - Mar 15 - i.e. Aquarius. So the advice would be to avoid confusing the age and

the English dates. If I derive that my marriage is supposed to happen after 7 months from the date of entry of the Progressed lagna (let me call it Muntha Lagna) into the Virgo sign then I would be correct. I check the calender to see which month it would be and could identify it as Feb (rather than March) - it seems. But please note that one example - should not lead to a conclusion. You can check any number of charts for which the event is already known, experiment with the tool and then start applying it for future predictions. Hope this helps.Love and regards,Sreenadhancient_indian_ astrology, Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gopiji,> >           Namaste. The application part is a bit difficult for me to understand. Will you please

explain the usage of the excel sheet and erecting the chart with some examples.> > Thanks in advance.> With best regards,> S.R.Balasubramaniam> > --- On Sat, 21/11/09, gopalakrishna gopi_b927@.. . wrote:> > gopalakrishna gopi_b927@.. .> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Progressed Lagna (Sasanka Saradeeya Reference)> ancient_indian_ astrology> Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 10:59 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadh ji,> yes i agree with you.I am aplying the technique to many spheres as well.....> Love and regards,> gopi.> ancient_indian_ astrology, "sreesog" sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Gopi ji,> > Sasanka Saradeeyam is a text that deals with marriage matching,> > therefore what the scholar Sasanka Sarada is asking us is to apply the> > same in marriage matching. But that does not mean that the general> > technique he states should not be applied anywhere else. This is the> > very reason for the traditional astrologers applying the same in various> > other situations as well. Advice is one thing, and its practical> > applications another. Like any practical astrologer know well, even> > simple looking slokas has many complex applications. I have shown this> > in this group itself - through threads such as "A secret revealed",> > "Vasya signs" etc in this group based on slokas such as "Hora kendra> > thikonebhaya" (from Prasna marga), "Kanda kendra... " (from Brihat> > Jataka) etc. The same is true about this Sasanka Saradeeya

quote.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Dear all,

Pl. change the terminology from clock-wise & anti-clockwise

to forward & reverse counting.

regards

Chakraborty

On Behalf Of sreesogMonday, November 23, 2009 2:21 AM Subject: Re: Progressed Lagna (Sasanka Saradeeya Reference)

Dear Anand Ghurye ji, Consider south indian style square chart to avoid confusion. The 1,2,3,4 sequence (such as Aries, Taurus, Gemini etc sequence) is termed Clockwise and the 12,11,10,9 (such as Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn etc sequence) is termed Anticlockwise. But if you are considering North indian style diamond chart, it may cause you confusion, since the clockwise - sequential - (Aries, Taurus, Gemini etc) signs are marked in an Anticlockwise manner in that chart. There Anti-clockwise should be treated as clockwise; and and clockwise as Anticlockwise. Ha..Ha.. North Indian diamond chart is always difficult for me to understand; but many say it is like a magical square and has a special attraction. They too must be true. Possibly it is because I am south indian, I am speaking from the South Indian perspective. Love and regards,Sreenadh , Anand Ghurye <anand.ghurye wrote:>> Dear Friends ,> > Rashis 1,2 ,3 4 is clockwise or 1,12,11,10 is clockwise ? Please let me> know . Thanks in advance.> > Regards ,> > Anand>This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Dear Sreenadh ji,

A woman is a woman anywhere. But still its difficult to understand for

me what the smile of the neighbours wife means.

A Birth chart is a Birth chart anywhich way. Still its difficult for me

to understand the South Indian Chart style.

Hope my former lines makes you smile, if it does then I am sure we can

walk together for half a mile. In the meanwhile lets enjoy both the

North and South indian chart style.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " sreesog " <sreesog

wrote:

>

> Dear Anand Ghurye ji,

> Consider south indian style square chart to avoid confusion. The

> 1,2,3,4 sequence (such as Aries, Taurus, Gemini etc sequence) is

termed

> Clockwise and the 12,11,10,9 (such as Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn etc

> sequence) is termed Anticlockwise.

> But if you are considering North indian style diamond chart, it may

> cause you confusion, since the clockwise - sequential - (Aries,

Taurus,

> Gemini etc) signs are marked in an Anticlockwise manner in that chart.

> There Anti-clockwise should be treated as clockwise; and and clockwise

> as Anticlockwise. Ha..Ha.. North Indian diamond chart is always

> difficult for me to understand; but many say it is like a magical

square

> and has a special attraction. They too must be true.

> Possibly it is because I am south indian, I am speaking from the South

> Indian perspective. [;)]

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , Anand Ghurye

> anand.ghurye@ wrote:

> >

> > Dear Friends ,

> >

> > Rashis 1,2 ,3 4 is clockwise or 1,12,11,10 is clockwise ? Please let

> me