IndiaDivine.org

If the IRS was an electric company

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Source: http://www.raizlabs.com/blog/topics/humor If the IRS was an electric company Feb 0613 I was figuring out some tax things and it struck me how complicated and backwards the tax system is. Imagine if the IRS was an electric company If the IRS was an electric company…You would have to compute your electric bill based on how much electricity you used last year and expected to use next yearThe more money you make the more expensive the electricity getsElectricity would change costs if you had more kidsElectricity would cost more or less depending on if you used it for work or personal use.You would pay part of your electric bill twice. Once to your local electric company and the rest to the central electric company each would have different rules.The electric company would charge you differently if you where single or marriedIf you owned a business you could be charged for the same electricity twiceIf you didn’t pay your electric bill correctly the electric company could throw you in jail.You would never actually receive a bill, you have to read your own meter and correctly calculate your bill per Kilowatt hour.You would have to itemize your appliances Don’t get me wrong I don’t have a problem paying taxes for government services that help this country grow. I just wish the system for doing so wasn’t completely backwards.