IndiaDivine.org

LIGHT POST CAVEAT: Why am I critical ? PLEASE IGNORE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Manoj,

I have known B. ji for a long time. Although at times we both do a little bit of

'nok-jhonk' I have always thought of it as friendly banter, something that I

enjoy but which neither disturbs nor destroys my cyber-association with him.

I am pretty blunt too so I must say that over the years I have seen many forums

and discussion groups and particularly the ones that are non-moderated. The

abusive language (if one grew up in Hindi/Panjabi speaking areas and understands

the abusiveness of some of the 'gutter-speak') that goes by unmoderated by the

non-hindi speaking moderators and owners. you may really get upset! None of this

exists here and I have done a bit of 'reading' of the archives on this forum.

So, I personally have not noticed any significant 'vulgarity' here, although any

kind of personal innuendos etc are not nice. I hope you will take this in the

right spirit and not otherwise. It is true that when provoked different people

will react differently, some trying to shrug it off, others would take it

personally and so on. Ultimately, the bottom-line is that we are all strangers!

All we know and see of each other is an ARUDHA, the internet persona. And this

is not of intentional making but just the way the ARUDHAs and IMAGES function.

The maya within maya! It is human and it is interesting and worthy of being

studied by astrologers and students of psychology, of course. The more seriously

we take MAYA, the more it envelopes us in HER SKEIN!!

I shall not waste your and the remaining 3000 readers who may be reading this

and wasting their time :-)

Rohiniranjan

, Manoj Chandran

<chandran_manoj wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar Ji,

>

> The fact you are a fearless straight shooter is your biggest Asset. It is also

your biggest vulnerability. In a Very Large White Sheet of Paper, if some one

puts One Small Black Dot, every one's eyes will look at that small Black Spot

only. This is human nature. So kindly excuse our Human Nature and try your best

to keep your Large White Canvas Free of Black Spots. 

>  

> Regards,

>  -Manoj

>  

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish

>

> Thu, December 17, 2009 11:06:39 AM

> Why am I critical ?

>

>  

>

> Dear moderators ?

>

> I am sorry, my last few mails are a bit blunt and critical. What else

> can be expected of me ? If you want me to be serious, then I am serious

> now.

>

> My humour and other non-astrological posts are being seen as vulgar and

> as chats by few members, who have nothing else to contribute but just

> criticise. So let me also be allowed to do what they can do. " Criticise "

> . But at least you will agree that apart from criticising I am also

> stating the truth.

>

> Wherever you dont find the truth in my mails, please be free to argue

> and allow me also to counter-argue.

>

> Best wishes.

>

> Bhaskar.

>

Dear Rohini Ji,

I agree with you broadly but would like to bring to your attention that I did not use the word "vulgarity" ever in my email. I only said humour should be "non-offensive".

Regards,

-Manoj

rohinicrystal <rohini_ranjan Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 5:23:28 PM LIGHT POST CAVEAT: Re: Why am I critical ? <PLEASE IGNORE>

Manoj,I have known B. ji for a long time. Although at times we both do a little bit of 'nok-jhonk' I have always thought of it as friendly banter, something that I enjoy but which neither disturbs nor destroys my cyber-association with him.I am pretty blunt too so I must say that over the years I have seen many forums and discussion groups and particularly the ones that are non-moderated. The abusive language (if one grew up in Hindi/Panjabi speaking areas and understands the abusiveness of some of the 'gutter-speak' ) that goes by unmoderated by the non-hindi speaking moderators and owners. you may really get upset! None of this exists here and I have done a bit of 'reading' of the archives on this forum. So, I personally have not noticed any significant 'vulgarity' here, although any kind of personal innuendos etc are not nice. I hope you will take this in the right spirit and not otherwise. It is true that when provoked different

people will react differently, some trying to shrug it off, others would take it personally and so on. Ultimately, the bottom-line is that we are all strangers! All we know and see of each other is an ARUDHA, the internet persona. And this is not of intentional making but just the way the ARUDHAs and IMAGES function. The maya within maya! It is human and it is interesting and worthy of being studied by astrologers and students of psychology, of course. The more seriously we take MAYA, the more it envelopes us in HER SKEIN!!I shall not waste your and the remaining 3000 readers who may be reading this and wasting their time :-)Rohiniranjanancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar Ji,>

> The fact you are a fearless straight shooter is your biggest Asset. It is also your biggest vulnerability. In a Very Large White Sheet of Paper, if some one puts One Small Black Dot, every one's eyes will look at that small Black Spot only. This is human nature. So kindly excuse our Human Nature and try your best to keep your Large White Canvas Free of Black Spots. >  > Regards,>  -Manoj>  > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...>> ancient_indian_ astrology> Thu, December 17, 2009 11:06:39 AM> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Why am I critical ?> >  > > Dear

moderators ?> > I am sorry, my last few mails are a bit blunt and critical. What else> can be expected of me ? If you want me to be serious, then I am serious> now.> > My humour and other non-astrological posts are being seen as vulgar and> as chats by few members, who have nothing else to contribute but just> criticise. So let me also be allowed to do what they can do. "Criticise"> . But at least you will agree that apart from criticising I am also> stating the truth.> > Wherever you dont find the truth in my mails, please be free to argue> and allow me also to counter-argue.> > Best wishes.> > Bhaskar.>

Dear Rohini Ji,

//Why become so wrapped up in the Maya of possessions when nothing belongs to us and nor do we belong to those things that matter now, at least to some!!//

You are correct. I have been "wrapped up" in some stressful circumstances now and probably shows. May be silence until I "unwrap" will be prudent from my end. :)

Regards,

-Manoj

rohinicrystal <rohini_ranjan Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 9:41:42 PM LIGHT POST CAVEAT: Re: Why am I critical ? <PLEASE IGNORE>

This is the *problem* with Internet messaging which as you well know I consider, at best a medium or vehicle incapable of serious, sincere or even real communication!What I responded to was not TO YOU as a specific individual whom I respect and admire very much as I am sure you know -- but the general thread and THEME we are discussing about! And sometimes it spans and SPAwNS many threads!Vulgarity was accused of in this theme by at least one member and not at me personally or towards anyone else, although some apologies did come along!I just did not find any evidence of "vulgarity" and so felt it my civic duty as a member to respond to that! I was neither accusing you or the other moderators!Please understand! When I become part of a forum, it is like a homecoming for me but I am not here to stay! NONE of us is SHASHWAT! Why become so wrapped up in the Maya of possessions when nothing belongs to us and nor do we belong

to those things that matter now, at least to some!!Good/bad/malefic/ vulgar/saintly/ pure/impure are all adjectives that plague our souls lifelong and keep identifying and re-identifying the nouns and pronouns in our lives while the VERB remains unattended and ignored!Karma is a VERB and NOT a noun!Rohiniranjanancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Rohini Ji,> > I agree with you broadly but would like to bring to your attention that I did not use the word "vulgarity" ever in my email. I only said humour should be "non-offensive" .> Â > Regards,> Â -Manoj> Â > > > > > ____________ _________

_________ __> rohinicrystal <rohini_ranjan@ ...>> ancient_indian_ astrology> Thu, December 17, 2009 5:23:28 PM> [ancient_indian_ astrology] LIGHT POST CAVEAT: Re: Why am I critical ? <PLEASE IGNORE>> > Â > Manoj,> > I have known B. ji for a long time. Although at times we both do a little bit of 'nok-jhonk' I have always thought of it as friendly banter, something that I enjoy but which neither disturbs nor destroys my cyber-association with him.> > I am pretty blunt too so I must say that over the years I have seen many forums and discussion groups and particularly the ones that are non-moderated. The abusive language (if one grew up in Hindi/Panjabi speaking areas

and understands the abusiveness of some of the 'gutter-speak' ) that goes by unmoderated by the non-hindi speaking moderators and owners. you may really get upset! None of this exists here and I have done a bit of 'reading' of the archives on this forum. So, I personally have not noticed any significant 'vulgarity' here, although any kind of personal innuendos etc are not nice. I hope you will take this in the right spirit and not otherwise. It is true that when provoked different people will react differently, some trying to shrug it off, others would take it personally and so on. Ultimately, the bottom-line is that we are all strangers! All we know and see of each other is an ARUDHA, the internet persona. And this is not of intentional> making but just the way the ARUDHAs and IMAGES function. The maya within maya! It is human and it is interesting and worthy of being studied by astrologers and students of psychology, of course. The more

seriously we take MAYA, the more it envelopes us in HER SKEIN!!> > I shall not waste your and the remaining 3000 readers who may be reading this and wasting their time :-)> > Rohiniranjan> > ancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Bhaskar Ji,> > > > The fact you are a fearless straight shooter is your biggest Asset. It is also your biggest vulnerability. In a Very Large White Sheet of Paper, if some one puts One Small Black Dot, every one's eyes will look at that small Black Spot only. This is human nature. So kindly excuse our Human Nature and try your best to keep your Large White Canvas Free of Black Spots. > >  > > Regards,> >  -Manoj> >  > > > > > > > > > >

____________ _________ _________ __> > Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...>> > ancient_indian_ astrology> > Thu, December 17, 2009 11:06:39 AM> > [ancient_indian_ astrology] Why am I critical ?> > > >  > > > > Dear moderators ?> > > > I am sorry, my last few mails are a bit blunt and critical. What else> > can be expected of me ? If you want me to be serious, then I am serious> > now.> > > > My humour and other non-astrological posts are being seen as vulgar and> > as chats by few members, who have nothing else to contribute but just> > criticise. So let me also be allowed to do what they can do. "Criticise"> > . But at least you will agree that apart from criticising I am also> > stating the truth.> > >

> Wherever you dont find the truth in my mails, please be free to argue> > and allow me also to counter-argue.> > > > Best wishes.> > > > Bhaskar.> >>