IndiaDivine.org

Clues from Classics - Malefics.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not

intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen knowledge and

bring uniformity in discussion.

We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is beneficial

or not?

The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely

harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.But nobody

goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad and whether the

delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or antardasa or transits or

yogas and fructification of the same.

Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or

good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related to

so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association,dispositorship/transit

etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example if for a

person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole

blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are

sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were

transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey the laws

of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How could the 8 other

planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all previous years of the native

could not do anything to the native?What happened to their good effects due to

placements in good positions in rashi and navamsha chart.

we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be

ruling at the same time for different disciplines.

ok, what dasa can take a person to riches?

If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being

discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a particular

planet dasa.IF you take the average,no particular planet may stand out for the

riches and the list will eventually include all planets.

Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give

wealth,prosperity,fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent

them are totally different.

Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between planets

and between lords this is possible.

Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so planet's

dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for an

onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events occured

based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince ourselves

desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other systems.For

example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from

moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to

identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and

explains it with Putrakaraka(charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool

ourselves.

P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini

and Parasara system while predicting .

I felt the above build up is necessary to go to the discussion proper.

as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature

of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of

planets/bhava/karakas for a particular time period.

To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average

astrologer.

To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very tough

for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his time on

generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers.

There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in the

name of research working on specificities.Though this is an appreciable

thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology knowledge is available to

mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is

readily available in manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have

been already discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of

the planets/bhavas and divisional charts.

Now Before going to specificities,we have an issue with basics .

Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes

something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak

w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not

discuss it in detail that time.

We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and

objectively based on classics at the end of exercise.

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

Dear Vishnu ji,     I am just referring to one point in your mail without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of Jaimini system along with Parashara.    You have mentioned that you oppose the mixing. Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra without a word that these principles are forbidden to be used when rest of the rules are used.( Correct me if I am wrong).

I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to " mixing "  of these systems.    Is there any reason for your opposition to mixing these systems? Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?

All this writing is not to be interpreted as my canvassing for mixing. I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the other.Regards,UdupaOn Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Vishnu <vishnumohanalj wrote:

Dear all,

The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen knowledge and bring uniformity in discussion.

We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is beneficial or not?

The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same.

Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related to so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association,dispositorship/transit etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example if for a person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey the laws of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How could the 8 other planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all previous years of the native could not do anything to the native?What happened to their good effects due to placements in good positions in rashi and navamsha chart.

we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be ruling at the same time for different disciplines.

If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a particular planet dasa.IF you take the average,no particular planet may stand out for the riches and the list will eventually include all planets.

Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity,fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent them are totally different.

Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between planets and between lords this is possible.

Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events occured based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and explains it with Putrakaraka(charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool ourselves.

P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .

as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of planets/bhava/karakas for a particular time period.

To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average astrologer.

To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers.

There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in the name of research working on specificities.Though this is an appreciable thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology knowledge is available to mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is readily available in manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have been already discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of the planets/bhavas and divisional charts.

Now Before going to specificities,we have an issue with basics .

Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.

We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and objectively based on classics at the end of exercise.

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

-- Please visit my website http://www.astrocare.in

Dear Udupa Ji,I dont know much about jaimini system but i will try to answer your questions based on my current level of understanding about parashara and jaimini.//Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra//There are many versions/Editions of BPHS available in market .Nobody has given guarantee to which version is

correct.some has 87 chapters ,some has 100 chapters and so on.So i personally dont believe those points actually belonged there in first place.The order of shlokas is different in every edition of BPHS.Even if it was from Original BPHS,it amounted only less than 10 shlokas and very small significance is given to it as parasara doesnt talk about it or the ways to use it anywhere further in his book.As far as my knowledge goes,i have seen few nadi analysis written by sages in manuscripts where i dint find any jaimini principles used in

their analysis.//Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?//Except uttarakalamrita (arudha part),no other popular classic includes jaimini principles .Even in uttarakalamrita if you see ,you will not be able to find any mixing of the principles .So i am not able to comment more on this as other classics never recommended to mix them in first place.Jaimini principles are found in many telugu classical works and the astrologers practising in Andhra must be in a better position to tell us how they use parashara and jaimini together in practise.Thanks and best wishesvishnu--- On Mon, 12/21/09, Guru <ahudupa wrote:Guru <ahudupaRe: Clues from Classics - Malefics. Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 7:43 AM

Dear Vishnu ji, I am just referring to one point in your mail without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of Jaimini system along with Parashara. You have mentioned that you oppose the mixing. Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra without a word that these principles are forbidden to be used when rest of the rules are used.( Correct me if I am wrong).

I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to "mixing" of these systems. Is there any reason for your opposition to mixing these systems? Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?

All this writing is not to be interpreted as my canvassing for mixing. I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the other.Regards,UdupaOn Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Vishnu <vishnumohanalj@ > wrote:

Dear all,

The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen knowledge and bring uniformity in discussion.

We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is beneficial or not?

The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same.

Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or good in their personal experience..They forget that the same planet is related to so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/ transit etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example if for a person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey the laws of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How could the 8 other planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all previous years of the native could not do anything to the native?What happened to their good effects due to placements in good positions in rashi and navamsha chart.

we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be ruling at the same time for different disciplines.

If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a particular planet dasa.IF you take the average,no particular planet may stand out for the riches and the list will eventually include all planets.

Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity, fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent them are totally different.

Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between planets and between lords this is possible.

Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events occured based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and explains it with Putrakaraka( charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool ourselves.

P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .

as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.

To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average astrologer.

To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers.

There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in the name of research working on specificities. Though this is an appreciable thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology knowledge is available to mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is readily available in manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have been already discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of the planets/bhavas and divisional charts.

Now Before going to specificities, we have an issue with basics .

Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.

We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and objectively based on classics at the end of exercise.

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

-- Please visit my website http://www.astrocar e.in

Dear Vishnu,

//Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.//

i am not sure if in your mind the question was anything connected to what i might have asked and i dont remember any doubt raised by girish on these lines. hence it must be me. my doubt was, sureshji had mentioned that while checked KD, see inter alia, if a malefic is placed in tha rashi, whose dasa is running. so my doubt was, for example is saturn is in that rashi, whose dasa is in progress, then as per definition a malefic is placed in that rashi. now in many charts, saturn is not bad at all. infact the natives gets many things positive during its dasa. this is entirely due to the favourable position of the planet even when native. nevertheless, we also have to remember that no matter how favourable a malefic is placed, it does not lose its maleficience entirely. the maleficience is only reduced and certain favourable aspects can be added. but it will DEFINITELY do something bad also during its period. but overall you can say it is favourable and

good. now if this is the nature of saturn in the chart, then should the positioning of such saturn also be treated on an equal level merely based on the rule that, KD of a rashi will give negative results if malefics are placed in it. or will the results be modified accordingly. sureshji had clarified that i should go slow in this as there are other aspects to be considered. yes this point can be discussed further.

regards santhosh

Vishnu <vishnumohanalj Sent: Mon, 21 December, 2009 11:54:03 AM Clues from Classics - Malefics.

Dear all,The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen knowledge and bring uniformity in discussion.We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is beneficial or not?The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same.Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related to so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/ transit etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example

if for a person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey the laws of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How could the 8 other planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all previous years of the native could not do anything to the native?What happened to their good effects due to placements in good positions in rashi and navamsha chart.we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be ruling at the same time for different disciplines.ok, what dasa can take a person to riches?If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a particular planet dasa.IF

you take the average,no particular planet may stand out for the riches and the list will eventually include all planets.Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity, fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent them are totally different.Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between planets and between lords this is possible.Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events occured based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to

identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and explains it with Putrakaraka( charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool ourselves.P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .I felt the above build up is necessary to go to the discussion proper.as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average astrologer.To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers.There are very few astrologers who work with deep

deep divisional charts in the name of research working on specificities. Though this is an appreciable thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology knowledge is available to mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is readily available in manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have been already discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of the planets/bhavas and divisional charts.Now Before going to specificities, we have an issue with basics .Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and objectively based on classics at the end of exercise.Thanks and best

wishesvishnuThanks and best wishesvishnu

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Dear friends,

// The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be

purely

harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.//

No. This is not philosphical but right. A particular Dasha will give

somebody death to his father, and that same period will make him heir to

the legacy. Bereavement and acquisitions both. In reality no planet can

be completely good or bad.

A paticular period may give loss of job - by retirement, and will also

give Provident fund in lakhs to the same person when he leaves this job.

We can give hundreds and thousands of such examples.

The best example is the combination of the 2nd and 7th house which gives

marriage in the youth of the same person, but becomes maraka in his old

age.

// But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad

and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or

antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same. //

Who does not describe ? Go to my Group Jyotish_Ganga and you will find I

even predict within 10-15 days gap of what will happen to the native,

good or bad, both .

Mediocore astrologers may not be able to decsribe this. Do not meet

them.

//Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure

whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic

planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer

except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.//

There is no question of daring here. Either one must understand the Kala

Chakra dasa to answer this, OR the question may not be specific to

requisite an answer.

There is no need for lengthy or exhaustive discussions on these. Please

Demonstrate through short examples and specific rules what do you think

makes a

Dasha Good or Bad. The rules should be such that there must be no

confusions and one must not be asked to study the whole chart in the

process in details, just to find out what the Dasha (Maha or antar)

would give.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " Vishnu "

<vishnumohanalj wrote:

>

> Dear all,

>

>

>

> The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it

is not intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen

knowledge and bring uniformity in discussion.

>

>

>

>

> We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is

beneficial or not?

>

>

>

>

> The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be

purely harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical

point.But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or

bad and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or

antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same.

>

>

>

>

> Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was

completely bad or good in their personal experience.They forget that the

same planet is related to so many other planets in the charts by

aspect/association,dispositorship/transit etc thereby its influence is

always felt by the person For example if for a person,Mars dasa is bad

for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole blame because he is

the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are sitting in

the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were

transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey

the laws of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How

could the 8 other planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all

previous years of the native could not do anything to the native?What

happened to their good effects due to placements in good positions in

rashi and navamsha chart.

>

>

>

>

>

> we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets

will be ruling at the same time for different disciplines.

>

>

>

> ok, what dasa can take a person to riches?

>

>

> If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities

being discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a

particular planet dasa.IF you take the average,no particular planet may

stand out for the riches and the list will eventually include all

planets.

>

>

> Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give

wealth,prosperity,fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which

represent them are totally different.

>

>

>

> Since we have many overlapping in significations between

bhavas,between planets and between lords this is possible.

>

>

>

> Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and

so planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad

outlook for an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see

why the events occured based on a limited number of parameters not

trying to convince ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new

karakas from other systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava

,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th

lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to identify childbirth,yet if

somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and explains it with

Putrakaraka(charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool ourselves.

>

>

>

> P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of

Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .

>

>

>

>

>

> I felt the above build up is necessary to go to the discussion proper.

> as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the

complex nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see

the specific results of planets/bhava/karakas for a particular time

period.

>

>

>

> To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average

astrologer.

>

>

>

>

> To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is

very tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer

spends his time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of

astrologers.

>

>

>

>

> There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional

charts in the name of research working on specificities.Though this is

an appreciable thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology

knowledge is available to mankind and remaining 80% is still

untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is readily available in

manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have been already

discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of the

planets/bhavas and divisional charts.

>

>

>

>

> Now Before going to specificities,we have an issue with basics .

>

>

>

> Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure

whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic

planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer

except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.

>

>

>

>

> We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Thanks and best wishes

>

> vishnu

>

Dear sirs,

If a person is a good cook, what is the harm in mixing Different regional dishes

for lunch ? Why cant he make a south Indian idli Sambhar, and also a North

Indian vegetable Biryani for lunch ? And dont we do the same when we Order,

Starters, Soups and then Indian food for dinner at a restauarnt ?

In same way if the Astrologer is good, let him mix the systems he is proficient

and confident in. Nothing wrong here, as long whatever he serves is right and

good.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, Vishnu Mohan

<vishnumohanalj wrote:

>

> Dear Udupa Ji,

>

> I dont know much about jaimini system but i will try to answer your questions

based on my current level of understanding about parashara and jaimini.

>

> //Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects

and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available  in Brihat

Parashara Hora Shastra//

> There are many versions/Editions  of BPHS available in market .Nobody has

given guarantee to which version is correct.some has 87 chapters ,some has 100

chapters and so on.So i personally dont believe those points actually belonged

there in first place.The order of shlokas is different in every edition of BPHS.

> Even if it was from Original BPHS,it amounted only less than 10 shlokas and

very small significance is given to it as parasara doesnt talk about it or the

ways to use it anywhere further in his book.

>

> As far as my knowledge goes,i have seen few nadi analysis written by sages in

manuscripts where i dint find any jaimini principles used in their analysis.

>

> //Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?//

>

> Except uttarakalamrita (arudha part),no other popular classic includes jaimini

principles .Even in uttarakalamrita if you see ,you will not be able to find any

mixing of the principles .So i am not able to comment more on this as other

classics never recommended to mix them in first place.

>

> Jaimini principles are found in many telugu classical works and the

astrologers practising in Andhra must be in a better position to tell us how

they use parashara and jaimini together in practise.

>

> Thanks and best wishes

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

> --- On Mon, 12/21/09, Guru <ahudupa wrote:

>

> Guru <ahudupa

> Re: Clues from Classics - Malefics.

>

> Monday, December 21, 2009, 7:43 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Vishnu ji,     I am just referring  to one point in your mail

without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of

Jaimini system along with Parashara.    You have mentioned that you oppose

the mixing. Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi

aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available  in

Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra without a word that these principles  are

forbidden to be used when rest of the rules are used.( Correct me if I am

wrong).

>      I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to

" mixing "  of these systems.    Is there any reason for your opposition to

mixing these systems? Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing

is forbidden?

>    All this writing is not to be interpreted  as my canvassing for mixing.

I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the

other.Regards,Udupa

>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Vishnu <vishnumohanalj@ > wrote:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear all,

>

>

>

> The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not

>

>

>

beneficial or not?

>

>

>

> The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely

>

>

>

>

> Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or

good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related to

so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/

transit etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example if

for a person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the

whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets

are sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were

>

>

>

>

> we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be

>

>

>

>

>

>

> If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being

>

>

>

>

> Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity,

fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent them are totally

different.

>

>

>

> Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between

planets and between lords this is possible.

>

>

>

> Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so

planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for

an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events

occured based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince

ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other

systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th

lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord

from Jupiter to identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the

above factors and explains it with Putrakaraka( charakaraka) ,there can be no

better way to fool ourselves.

>

>

>

>

> P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini

>

>

>

>

> as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature

of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of

planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.

>

>

>

astrologer.

>

>

>

> To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very

tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his

time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers..

>

>

>

>

> There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in

the name of research working on specificities. Though this is an appreciable

mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is

>

>

>

>

> Now Before going to specificities, we have an issue with basics .

>

>

>

> Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes

w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

--

>

> Please visit my website http://www.astrocar e.in

>

Om Namah Sivaya

Dear Udupa,

Kindly understand Jyotisha is not only based on classical books etc, but it is

more a oral tradition also. In astrology, there are Sampradaya (Tradition) and

Sasthra (Science). So, both Shall be used in ascertaining the results.

Unfortunately, our generation lost Sampradaya.

Warm regards,

Shanmukha

, Vishnu Mohan

<vishnumohanalj wrote:

>

> Dear Udupa Ji,

>

> I dont know much about jaimini system but i will try to answer your questions

based on my current level of understanding about parashara and jaimini.

>

> //Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects

and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available  in Brihat

Parashara Hora Shastra//

> There are many versions/Editions  of BPHS available in market .Nobody has

there in first place.The order of shlokas is different in every edition of BPHS.

> Even if it was from Original BPHS,it amounted only less than 10 shlokas and

>

> As far as my knowledge goes,i have seen few nadi analysis written by sages in

manuscripts where i dint find any jaimini principles used in their analysis.

>

>

> Except uttarakalamrita (arudha part),no other popular classic includes jaimini

principles .Even in uttarakalamrita if you see ,you will not be able to find any

mixing of the principles .So i am not able to comment more on this as other

classics never recommended to mix them in first place.

>

> Jaimini principles are found in many telugu classical works and the

>

> Thanks and best wishes

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

> Guru <ahudupa

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Vishnu ji,     I am just referring  to one point in your mail

without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of

wrong).

>      I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to

mixing these systems? Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing

is forbidden?

>    All this writing is not to be interpreted  as my canvassing for mixing.

I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the

other.Regards,Udupa

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear all,

>

>

>

> The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not

>

>

>

beneficial or not?

>

>

>

> The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely

>

>

>

>

> Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or

so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/

whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets

>

>

>

>

> we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be

>

>

>

>

>

>

> If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being

>

>

>

>

> Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity,

different.

>

>

>

> Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between

>

>

>

> Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so

>

>

>

>

> P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini

>

>

>

>

> as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature

planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.

>

>

>

astrologer.

>

>

>

> To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very

>

>

>

>

> There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

--

>

> Please visit my website http://www.astrocar e.in

>

Dear Shanmukha ji; Re : Sampradaya (tradition); i think sampradaya means

community; tradition may be best referred to as a padhiti; parampara.

i have come across some instances where the exponents/experts/masters of some

padhiti; parampara didn't reveal the secrets even to their progeny;

but at the same time they revealed them to their disciples.

What my experience has taught me is that; when the question of learning finer

techniques comes; experts wait for a querry from the student; if the querry is

raised and the student's observations are put before the master; he goes out of

the way to explain the intricacies or atleast gives a hint towards the right

direction. Casual querries are met with casual replies.

Regards

Kulbir Bains.

, " teli_sha2002 "

<teli_sha2002 wrote:

>

> Om Namah Sivaya

>

> Dear Udupa,

>

> Kindly understand Jyotisha is not only based on classical books etc, but it is

more a oral tradition also. In astrology, there are Sampradaya (Tradition) and

Sasthra (Science). So, both Shall be used in ascertaining the results.

>

> Unfortunately, our generation lost Sampradaya.

>

> Warm regards,

> Shanmukha

>

> , Vishnu Mohan

<vishnumohanalj@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Udupa Ji,

> >

> > I dont know much about jaimini system but i will try to answer your

questions based on my current level of understanding about parashara and

jaimini.

> >

> > //Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi

Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra//

> > There are many versions/Editions  of BPHS available in market .Nobody has

> > Even if it was from Original BPHS,it amounted only less than 10 shlokas and

> >

> > As far as my knowledge goes,i have seen few nadi analysis written by sages

in manuscripts where i dint find any jaimini principles used in their analysis.

> >

> > //Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?//

> >

> > Except uttarakalamrita (arudha part),no other popular classic includes

jaimini principles .Even in uttarakalamrita if you see ,you will not be able to

find any mixing of the principles .So i am not able to comment more on this as

other classics never recommended to mix them in first place.

> >

> > Jaimini principles are found in many telugu classical works and the

> >

> > Thanks and best wishes

> > vishnu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --- On Mon, 12/21/09, Guru <ahudupa@> wrote:

> >

> > Guru <ahudupa@>

> > Re: Clues from Classics - Malefics.

> >

> > Monday, December 21, 2009, 7:43 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear Vishnu ji,     I am just referring  to one point in your

mail without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of

wrong).

> >      I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to

is forbidden?

> >    All this writing is not to be interpreted  as my canvassing for

mixing. I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the

other.Regards,Udupa

> >

> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Vishnu <vishnumohanalj@ > wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear all,

> >

> >

> >

> > The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not

> >

> >

> >

> > We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is

beneficial or not?

> >

> >

> >

> > The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad

or good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related

to so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be

> >

> >

> >

> > ok, what dasa can take a person to riches?

> >

> >

> >

> > If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity,

different.

> >

> >

> >

> > Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between

> >

> >

> >

> > Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of

Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .

> >

> >

> >

> > I felt the above build up is necessary to go to the discussion proper.

> >

> > as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex

nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific

results of planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.

> >

> >

> >

> > To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average

astrologer.

> >

> >

> >

> > To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Now Before going to specificities, we have an issue with basics .

> >

> >

> >

> > Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which

goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or

weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we

did not discuss it in detail that time.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > vishnu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > vishnu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> > Please visit my website http://www.astrocar e.in

> >

>

Dear Shanmukha Ji,   It is not quite clear to me what you wanted to convey. As I made it very clear in the mail, I was asking with an open mind with an information seeking attitude. Hence question: is mixing forbidden as per any classic works or works.

Sampradaya, the tradition -  should not make us fanatics. It is the ancient wisdom we must take and not ancient methods. We should not close our minds to logic and reasoning. What we do today will become ancient after couple of hundred years. What is our contribution to the future " ancient " wisdom?

The great thinking and reasoning done by people like KS Krishnamurthy, K. Bhaskaran, SP Khullar etc will be looked upon as ancient some hundreds of years in future. Hence sticking to only  classical works is  what I definitely do not suggest.

Regards,UdupaOn Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM, teli_sha2002 <teli_sha2002 wrote:

Om Namah Sivaya

Dear Udupa,

Kindly understand Jyotisha is not only based on classical books etc, but it is more a oral tradition also. In astrology, there are Sampradaya (Tradition) and Sasthra (Science). So, both Shall be used in ascertaining the results.

Unfortunately, our generation lost Sampradaya.

Warm regards,

Shanmukha

, Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj wrote:

>

> Dear Udupa Ji,

>

> I dont know much about jaimini system but i will try to answer your questions based on my current level of understanding about parashara and jaimini.

>

> //Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available  in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra//

> There are many versions/Editions  of BPHS available in market .Nobody has given guarantee to which version is correct.some has 87 chapters ,some has 100 chapters and so on.So i personally dont believe those points actually belonged there in first place.The order of shlokas is different in every edition of BPHS.

> Even if it was from Original BPHS,it amounted only less than 10 shlokas and very small significance is given to it as parasara doesnt talk about it or the ways to use it anywhere further in his book.

>

> As far as my knowledge goes,i have seen few nadi analysis written by sages in manuscripts where i dint find any jaimini principles used in their analysis.

>

>

> Except uttarakalamrita (arudha part),no other popular classic includes jaimini principles .Even in uttarakalamrita if you see ,you will not be able to find any mixing of the principles .So i am not able to comment more on this as other classics never recommended to mix them in first place.

>

> Jaimini principles are found in many telugu classical works and the astrologers practising in Andhra must be in a better position to tell us how they use parashara and jaimini together in practise.

>

> Thanks and best wishes

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

> Guru <ahudupa

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Dear Vishnu ji,     I am just referring  to one point in your mail without any implication about other points. That is regarding th Mixing of Jaimini system along with Parashara.    You have mentioned that you oppose the mixing. Though Jaimini system as a separate system is available, the Rashi aspects and the rules of all Jaimini system, Argalas etc are available  in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra without a word that these principles  are forbidden to be used when rest of the rules are used.( Correct me if I am wrong).

>      I have come across some other astrologers too who are opposed to " mixing "  of these systems.    Is there any reason for your opposition to mixing these systems? Is it mentioned anywhere in any classical text that mixing is forbidden?

>    All this writing is not to be interpreted  as my canvassing for mixing. I am asking with an open mind with no bias towards one way or the other.Regards,Udupa

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Dear all,

>

>

>

> The below write up may look rude or pointing towards somebody but it is not intended towards anybody.The intention of the post is to sharpen knowledge and bring uniformity in discussion.

>

>

>

> We have often times come across many topics like -whether a planet is beneficial or not?

>

>

>

> The most diplomatic answer astrologers write will be no planet can be purely harmful or purely good.This is more or less a philosophical point.But nobody goes further to describe when the planet does good or bad and whether the delivery of good or bad depends upon their dasa or antardasa or transits or yogas and fructification of the same.

>

>

>

>

> Very often we also see people telling such and such dasa was completely bad or good in their personal experience.They forget that the same planet is related to so many other planets in the charts by aspect/association, dispositorship/ transit etc thereby its influence is always felt by the person For example if for a person,Mars dasa is bad for whole 6 years,does Jupiter has to take the whole blame because he is the vimshottari dasa lord?Do you think other 8 planets are sitting in the chart dumb during those 6 years or The other 8 planet were transiting different rashis during this 6 years just like that to obey the laws of nature and watch what Mars was doing to the native?.How could the 8 other planets which ensured happiness/goodness in all previous years of the native could not do anything to the native?What happened to their good effects due to placements in good positions in rashi and navamsha chart.

>

>

>

>

> we must understand that in different dasa systems,different planets will be ruling at the same time for different disciplines.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> If you take any online magazine,you can see charts of celebrities being discussed.Each celebrity would have enjoyed stardom/happiness in a particular planet dasa.IF you take the average,no particular planet may stand out for the riches and the list will eventually include all planets.

>

>

>

>

> Dasa of any strong planet in the horoscope can give wealth,prosperity, fame,happiness thought the karakas and bhavas which represent them are totally different.

>

>

>

> Since we have many overlapping in significations between bhavas,between planets and between lords this is possible.

>

>

>

> Therefore it is wrong to attribute that the riches are due to so and so planet's dasha.This diplomatic answer is actually true from a broad outlook for an onlooker but is it not our duty to dwelve further and see why the events occured based on a limited number of parameters not trying to convince ourselves desperately and fooling ourselves with new karakas from other systems.For example,when you have 5th bhava,9th bhava ,Jupiter,5th lord ,9th lord ,5th from moon,9th from moon ,5th lord ,5th lord from moon and 5th lord from Jupiter to identify childbirth,yet if somebody cannot explain it with the above factors and explains it with Putrakaraka( charakaraka) ,there can be no better way to fool ourselves.

>

>

>

>

> P.S.I mean no disrespect to jaimini system here but i oppose mixing of Jaimini and Parasara system while predicting .

>

>

>

>

> as we cannot ignore generalsiations in astrology because of the complex nature of the subject and at the same time we should try to see the specific results of planets/bhava/ karakas for a particular time period.

>

>

>

> To say whether the upcoming time is good or bad is easy for an average astrologer.

>

>

>

> To say when the native will marry or get child in the coming years is very tough for an average astrologer as most of the time the astrologer spends his time on generalisations alone.This applies to majority of astrologers..

>

>

>

>

> There are very few astrologers who work with deep deep divisional charts in the name of research working on specificities. Though this is an appreciable thing,they fail to see that only 20% of astrology knowledge is available to mankind and remaining 80% is still untranslated in ancient sanskrit texts and is readily available in manuscript form.whatever they call it research might have been already discussed by the sages ,those divine men who gave us the name of the planets/bhavas and divisional charts.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Once a question was raised by Girish or Santosh(i am not sure whom)which goes something like this-what should be expected of a malefic planet-strong or weak w.r.t to Kalachakra dasha?.Nobody dared to answer except Sureshji but we did not discuss it in detail that time.

>

>

>

>

> We are going to deal with the same question in detail exhaustively and objectively based on classics at the end of exercise.

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes

>

>

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

> Thanks and best wishes