Calendar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members; i have learnt that a/some scholars have prepared a calender from

that starts from origin of srishti; could anyone please help me in locating

this.

Regards

Kulbir Bains

Dear Kulbir ji, The Yuga system is a calendar and it start counting from the origin of Srishti itself. In kerala (and actually earlier in the whole of ancient india) we use 'Ahargana' (day count) system extensively. For this Yuga the Ahargana (day count) starts from the beginning of Kali yuga. We call this era as Kali Era; the day number is known by the name 'Kali dina' (i.e. xxxx date in Kali Era). Please note that there is no month, week system, or any specific year name system present within this Era system (calendar). The 'unbroken count of day number (i.e. Ahargana)' is much useful note only as a unique identifier of a date but also excellent to be used in various (calendarical and astronomical) calculations.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "kulbir" <kulbirbains wrote:>> Dear Members; i have learnt that a/some scholars have prepared a calender from that starts from origin of srishti; could anyone please help me in locating this.> Regards> Kulbir Bains>

Dear Mr. Sreenadh Ji;

Thanks for this information;

i overheard in a meeting of great scholars that some scholar in noida has

prepared such calendar cost about Rs. 50 and it is very useful.

But then again there is a controversy;

some say kaliyuga is over.

Regards

Kulbir Bains.

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Kulbir ji,

> The Yuga system is a calendar and it start counting from the origin

> of Srishti itself. [:)] In kerala (and actually earlier in the whole

> of ancient india) we use 'Ahargana' (day count) system extensively. For

> this Yuga the Ahargana (day count) starts from the beginning of Kali

> yuga. We call this era as Kali Era; the day number is known by the name

> 'Kali dina' (i.e. xxxx date in Kali Era). Please note that there is no

> month, week system, or any specific year name system present within this

> Era system (calendar). The 'unbroken count of day number (i.e.

> Ahargana)' is much useful note only as a unique identifier of a date but

> also excellent to be used in various (calendarical and astronomical)

> calculations.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , " kulbir "

> <kulbirbains@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Members; i have learnt that a/some scholars have prepared a

> calender from that starts from origin of srishti; could anyone please

> help me in locating this.

> > Regards

> > Kulbir Bains

> >

>

Dear Mr. Sreenadh ji;

Could you please provide some reference; some site or just what day is today so

that i start counting henceforth.

Regards

Kulbir Bains.

, " kulbir " <kulbirbains

wrote:

>

>

> Dear Mr. Sreenadh Ji;

> Thanks for this information;

> i overheard in a meeting of great scholars that some scholar in noida has

prepared such calendar cost about Rs. 50 and it is very useful.

> But then again there is a controversy;

> some say kaliyuga is over.

> Regards

> Kulbir Bains.

>

>

> , " sreesog " <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Kulbir ji,

> > The Yuga system is a calendar and it start counting from the origin

> > of Srishti itself. [:)] In kerala (and actually earlier in the whole

> > of ancient india) we use 'Ahargana' (day count) system extensively. For

> > this Yuga the Ahargana (day count) starts from the beginning of Kali

> > yuga. We call this era as Kali Era; the day number is known by the name

> > 'Kali dina' (i.e. xxxx date in Kali Era). Please note that there is no

> > month, week system, or any specific year name system present within this

> > Era system (calendar). The 'unbroken count of day number (i.e.

> > Ahargana)' is much useful note only as a unique identifier of a date but

> > also excellent to be used in various (calendarical and astronomical)

> > calculations.

> > Love and regards,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> > , " kulbir "

> > <kulbirbains@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Members; i have learnt that a/some scholars have prepared a

> > calender from that starts from origin of srishti; could anyone please

> > help me in locating this.

> > > Regards

> > > Kulbir Bains

> > >

> >

>

Dear Kulbir ji, Every kerala Panchanga (ephemeris) gives the Ahargana (kalidina) alias 'day count' for for every day. In every Jataka (Natal chart based detailed prediction) written (for every child born in kerala), the Jataka will contain the Ahargana for the day of birth of that child. By traditional astrologers the planetary position for the day is calculated simply based on Ahargana (for the day) and Vakya panchanga (which they recite from memory) with the use of kawri (shells) for calculations. Such extensive is the use and repute for Ahargana (day count) in kerala. But since currently in Delhi, I don't have any kerala panchanga with me now and will have to call some astrologer in kerala or calculate the ahargana myself. I am a lazy man, so just did a net search so that either I can give you the day count for today or the method to calculate the same. I searched in google with the words - "kalidina ahargana today". (The article is written by AK BAG) Three links came up, the first of which mentions 'the method for calculation of ahargana' as well. Well and good! So I am providing those links here. 1) http://www.new.dli.ernet.in/rawdataupload/upload/insa/INSA_1/20008275_17.pdf 2) http://www.new.dli.ernet.in/rawdataupload/upload/insa/INSA_1/2000c4e3-359.pdf 3) http://www.scribd.com/doc/14147549/20-March-402-CEUdayagiri Just search the net with the word "Ahargana", you can collect much more information on the same and you will find many more links on the same. If you already have some ahargana (for the current day or for any other day) and if you are interested in doing some calculations based on the same - such as finding month, week day etc from the same - the the following link provides some useful information: http://www.e.net/?p=416 Have a nice day ahead and nice reading as well. ;)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "kulbir" <kulbirbains wrote:>> Dear Mr. Sreenadh ji;> Could you please provide some reference; some site or just what day is today so that i start counting henceforth.> Regards> Kulbir Bains.

Dear Sreenadh Ji;Many thanks for the explanation and the links.Regards

Kulbir Bains---------- Original message ----------"sreesog"< sreesog >07 Jan 10 08:35:36 Re: Calendar

Dear Kulbir ji, Every kerala Panchanga (ephemeris) gives the Ahargana (kalidina) alias 'day count' for for every day. In every Jataka (Natal chart based detailed prediction) written (for every child born in kerala), the Jataka will contain the Ahargana for the day of birth of that child. By traditional astrologers the planetary position for the day is calculated simply based on Ahargana (for the day) and Vakya panchanga (which they recite from memory) with the use of kawri (shells) for calculations. Such extensive is the use and repute for Ahargana (day count) in kerala. But since currently in Delhi, I don't have any kerala panchanga with me now and will have to call some astrologer in kerala or calculate the ahargana myself. I am a lazy man, so just did a net search so that either I can give you the day count for today or the method to calculate the same. I searched in google with the words - "kalidina ahargana today". (

The article is written by AK BAG) Three links came up, the first of which mentions 'the method for calculation of ahargana' as well. Well and good! So I am providing those links here. 1) http://www.new.dli.ernet.in/rawdataupload/upload/insa/INSA_1/20008275_17.pdf 2) http://www.new.dli.ernet.in/rawdataupload/upload/insa/INSA_1/2000c4e3-359.pdf 3) http://www.scribd.com/doc/14147549/20-March-402-CEUdayagiri Just search the net with the word "Ahargana", you can collect much more information on the sa

me and you will find many more links on the same. If you already have some ahargana (for the curre

nt day or for any other day) and if you are interested in doing some calculations based on the same - such as finding month, week day etc from the same - the the following link provides some useful information: http://www.e.net/?p=416 Have a nice day ahead and nice reading as well. ;)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "kulbir" <kulbirbains wrote:>> Dear Mr. Sreenadh ji;> Could you please provide some reference; some site or just what day is today so that i start counting henceforth.> Regards> Kulbir Bains.