IndiaDivine.org

Upanayam as Remedy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,I have seen astrologers advising Upanayanam ceremony as a remedy irrespective of caste.I have seen this advised by Mr.khousikan ,an astrologer who wrote column for the " THE HINDU'' for a long time.What is the basis for advising Upanayanam as Remedy and in which combinations are they advised?Thanks and best wishesVishnu

Dear Vishnu Ji,

Upanayanam even for a Brahmin is no remedy. The ceremony itself does not do anything. If the individual religiously practices chanting the Gayathri regularly, that is what helps. Especially when still a Bachelor if the individual practices "Samita-Dhanam" regularly it helps awaken the subtle forces in the Body.

Either way, chanting of Gayathri and associated hyms helps with clarity of mind and awakening the Subtle forces in the body. However, the path of the Kundalini is not an easy one. Upanayanam is no magic bullet. Infact there is experience within my family wherein stringent and elaborate chanting of Gayathri has resulted in the awakening of the Subtle forces, which some times makes life more difficult, not easy.

Regards,

-Manoj

Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanaljAncient indian astrology Tue, February 2, 2010 2:58:58 PM Upanayam as Remedy

Dear All,

I have seen astrologers advising Upanayanam ceremony as a remedy irrespective of caste.I have seen this advised by Mr.khousikan ,an astrologer who wrote column for the " THE HINDU'' for a long time.

What is the basis for advising Upanayanam as Remedy and in which combinations are they advised?

Thanks and best wishes

Vishnu