IndiaDivine.org

Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Marga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vishnu ji, To start with - BOTH the translations (as given) are WRONG - Whether that of BVR as given for Prashna marga or the one given for Jatakadesamarga by someone. The truth is - BOTH the slokas point to the same principle and there is no inherent conflict. More later (at my leisure as you mentioned). Note: Ask the same question in kerala_vedic_astrology as well. You can get clarification regarding the above point I mentioned from Suresh Babu ji as well.Love and regards,Sreenadh--- On Wed, 2/17/10, Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj wrote:Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanaljChildbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh MargasreesogDate: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:16 AMDear Sreenadhji,I am working on the topic -''Child-male or female''.I saw a discussion regarding this AIA webiste.I need some help with the translation of Chapter 19 shloka 74 of Prasna Marga.B.V.Raman Translation//The completed number of Navamsas of the lord of the 5th gives the number

of children. Male issues are to be ascertained from the Navamsas of male

planets and female issues from female planets. If male planets occupy even

signs, children will die; female planets occupying odd signs indicate the same

result. If the Navamsa lords are strong, the issues will live long.//It conflicts with the stanza mentioned in Jatakadesh Marga''mande karkiNi putrage bahusutaH saumye tathaalpaatmajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako.alpatanayo jiive tu

kanyaaprajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako.alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaHshukre.arke.asR^iji cha dvitiiyadayitaalabdhaatmajaH

syaat naro vyastaMchandragR^ihe phalaM sadasataaM mishrairbalaaDyaad{}vadet..Â''the number of children should be seen from the number of navamsa of 5th lord.the number of purusha rasi in those navamsa indicates number of male childrenand stree rasi indicate number of female children. In those the navamsas, themale issues shall be destroyed if the navamsa lord (purusha rasi) is in thenavamsa of stree rasi and vice versa. However, the strength of navamsa lordshould be assertained before

determining the death of children.Difference arise in1.Completed navamsa Vs navamsas2. planet in opposite sex rasi Vs Purusha rasi lord in Female rashi- vice versa3.whether planetary placements in even and odd signs should be checked in Rasi chart or Navamsaand so on.Kindly let me know which is the correct principle to be followed in your leisure time.Thanks and

best wishesvishnu

If you take this to be true, you can only have 9 children, what do we do with Lalu ji then.

Manoj

Sreenadh OG <sreesogVishnu Mohan <vishnumohanaljCc: AIA Wed, February 17, 2010 12:27:32 PM Re: Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Marga

Dear Vishnu ji, To start with - BOTH the translations (as given) are WRONG - Whether that of BVR as given for Prashna marga or the one given for Jatakadesamarga by someone. The truth is - BOTH the slokas point to the same principle and there is no inherent conflict. More later (at my leisure as you mentioned). Note: Ask the same question in kerala_vedic_

astrology as well. You can get clarification regarding the above point I mentioned from Suresh Babu ji as well.Love and regards,

Sreenadh--- On Wed, 2/17/10, Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj@ > wrote:

Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj@ >Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Margasreesog Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:16 AM

Dear Sreenadhji,

I am working on the topic -''Child-male or female''.I saw a discussion regarding this AIA webiste.

I need some help with the translation of Chapter 19 shloka 74 of Prasna Marga.

B.V.Raman Translation

//The completed number of Navamsas of the lord of the 5th gives the number of children. Male issues are to be ascertained from the Navamsas of male planets and female issues from female planets. If male planets occupy even signs, children will die; female planets occupying odd signs indicate the same result. If the Navamsa lords are strong, the issues will live long.//

It conflicts with the stanza mentioned in Jatakadesh Marga

''mande karkiNi putrage bahusutaH saumye tathaalpaatmajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako. alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako. alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaHshukre.arke. asR^iji cha dvitiiyadayitaalabd haatmajaH syaat naro vyastaMchandragR^ihe phalaM sadasataaM mishrairbalaaDyaad{ }vadet..Â' '

the number of children should be seen from the number of navamsa of 5th lord.the number of purusha rasi in those navamsa indicates number of male childrenand stree rasi indicate number of female children. In those the navamsas, themale issues shall be destroyed if the navamsa lord (purusha rasi) is in thenavamsa of stree rasi and vice versa. However, the strength of navamsa lordshould be assertained before determining the death of children.

Difference arise in

1.Completed navamsa Vs navamsas

2. planet in opposite sex rasi Vs Purusha rasi lord in Female rashi- vice versa

3.whether planetary placements in even and odd signs should be checked in Rasi chart or Navamsa

and so on.

Kindly let me know which is the correct principle to be followed in your leisure time.

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu

Dear Sreenadhji

well one of the translations given for jatakadesh marga was given by suresh babu

ji himself in kerala astrology forum.

he had also explained a chart also based on it.

i dont want to start the topic there as i dont feel he will change his

translation.must be from some book he had or not sure whether it is his own

translation.

will wait for the correct translation

thanks and best wishes

vishnu

, Sreenadh OG <sreesog

wrote:

>

> Dear Vishnu ji,

>   To start with - BOTH the translations (as given) are WRONG - Whether that of

BVR as given for Prashna marga or the one given for Jatakadesamarga by someone.

>  The truth is - BOTH the slokas point to the same principle and there is no

inherent conflict.

>  More later (at my leisure as you mentioned).

> Note: Ask the same question in kerala_vedic_astrology as well. You can get

clarification regarding the above point I mentioned from Suresh Babu ji as well.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> --- On Wed, 2/17/10, Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj wrote:

>

> Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj

> Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Marga

> sreesog

> Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:16 AM

>

> Dear Sreenadhji,

>

> I am working on the topic -''Child-male or female''.I saw a discussion

regarding this AIA webiste.

> I need some help with the translation of Chapter 19 shloka 74 of Prasna Marga.

>

> B.V.Raman Translation

> //The completed number of Navamsas of the lord of the 5th gives the number

> of children. Male issues are to be ascertained from the Navamsas of male

> planets and female issues from female planets. If male planets occupy even

> signs, children will die; female planets occupying odd signs indicate the same

> result. If the Navamsa lords are strong, the issues will live long.//

>

> It conflicts with the stanza mentioned in Jatakadesh Marga

> ''mande karkiNi putrage bahusutaH saumye tathaalpaatmajaH

> shiitaaMshau bahukanyako.alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaH

> shiitaaMshau bahukanyako.alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaH

> shukre.arke.asR^iji cha dvitiiyadayitaalabdhaatmajaH

> syaat naro vyastaM

> chandragR^ihe phalaM sadasataaM mishrairbalaaDyaad{}vadet..Â''

> the number of children should be seen from the number of navamsa of 5th lord.

> the number of purusha rasi in those navamsa indicates number of male children

> and stree rasi indicate number of female children. In those the navamsas, the

> male issues shall be destroyed if the navamsa lord (purusha rasi) is in the

> navamsa of stree rasi and vice versa. However, the strength of navamsa lord

> should be assertained before

> determining the death of children.

> Difference arise in

> 1.Completed navamsa Vs navamsas2. planet in opposite sex rasi Vs  Purusha rasi

lord in Female rashi- vice versa3.whether planetary placements in even and odd

signs should be checked in Rasi chart or Navamsa

> and so on.

> Kindly let me know which is the correct principle to be followed in your

leisure time.

>

> Thanks and

> best wishes

> vishnu

>

In near future ,cases like Lalu ji will be rare and for them we have different methods in classics.vishnu--- On Wed, 2/17/10, Manoj Kumar <mouji99 wrote:Manoj Kumar <mouji99Re: Re: Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Marga Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 7:03 AM

If you take this to be true, you can only have 9 children, what do we do with Lalu ji then.

Manoj

Sreenadh OG <sreesog >Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj@ >Cc: AIA <ancient_indian_ astrology>Wed, February 17, 2010 12:27:32 PM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Marga

Dear Vishnu ji, To start with - BOTH the translations (as given) are WRONG - Whether that of BVR as given for Prashna marga or the one given for Jatakadesamarga by someone. The truth is - BOTH the slokas point to the same principle and there is no inherent conflict. More later (at my leisure as you mentioned). Note: Ask the same question in kerala_vedic_

astrology as well. You can get clarification regarding the above point I mentioned from Suresh Babu ji as well.Love and regards,

Sreenadh--- On Wed, 2/17/10, Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj@ > wrote:

Vishnu Mohan <vishnumohanalj@ >Childbirth -male and female - Shloka from PM and Adesh Margasreesog Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:16 AM

Dear Sreenadhji,

I am working on the topic -''Child-male or female''.I saw a discussion regarding this AIA webiste.

I need some help with the translation of Chapter 19 shloka 74 of Prasna Marga.

B.V.Raman Translation

//The completed number of Navamsas of the lord of the 5th gives the number of children. Male issues are to be ascertained from the Navamsas of male planets and female issues from female planets. If male planets occupy even signs, children will die; female planets occupying odd signs indicate the same result. If the Navamsa lords are strong, the issues will live long.//

It conflicts with the stanza mentioned in Jatakadesh Marga

''mande karkiNi putrage bahusutaH saumye tathaalpaatmajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako. alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaHshiitaaMshau bahukanyako. alpatanayo jiive tu kanyaaprajaHshukre.arke. asR^iji cha dvitiiyadayitaalabd haatmajaH syaat naro vyastaMchandragR^ihe phalaM sadasataaM mishrairbalaaDyaad{ }vadet..Â' '

the number of children should be seen from the number of navamsa of 5th lord.the number of purusha rasi in those navamsa indicates number of male childrenand stree rasi indicate number of female children. In those the navamsas, themale issues shall be destroyed if the navamsa lord (purusha rasi) is in thenavamsa of stree rasi and vice versa. However, the strength of navamsa lordshould be assertained before determining the death of children.

Difference arise in

1.Completed navamsa Vs navamsas

2. planet in opposite sex rasi Vs Purusha rasi lord in Female rashi- vice versa

3.whether planetary placements in even and odd signs should be checked in Rasi chart or Navamsa

and so on.

Kindly let me know which is the correct principle to be followed in your leisure time.

Thanks and best wishes

vishnu