IndiaDivine.org

[marital_astrology] Vedic Calendar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear John Ji namaskar Thanks for posting the correct Link ,and ur explanations .still i request u to post some details abt the vedic calender discussed in the video as i am always trvelling and the connection is slow ( it will benefit all of us i blv )many thanks and looking

forward more contribution frm ur side if u dont mind i am ccing a copy of this mail to another grp too where i am activ memebr ( ancient -indian -astrology grp ) and there are memebrs who is interested in such discussions ,including the marital part of astrology with warm rgrds sunil nair --- On Fri, 26/3/10, John <jr_esq wrote:John <jr_esq[marital_astrology] Re: Vedic Calendarmarital_astrology Date: Friday, 26 March, 2010, 11:07 AM

Namaste Sunil,

1. The correct link should have been as follows:

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=ZlYeWO5wbhk & feature=related

2.> My intention of posting this in this grp is if u put as some article based on those video s or some Links ,this will b permanently availble in grp archives and any new enthusiast can go tru and form his opinions ,also it will lead to lot of discussions and we can arrive at many conclusions based on feed back frm our esteemed memebrs

This is a good idea. I'll followup on these ideas.

>

3.> i am interested to know abt vedic calender as there is some section of intelleligentia still argues vedic calender is purely based on ritu chakra ( changing seasons and hence it is following tropical zodiac ) where as in india most of the religious institutions follows this siderial calender and soli -lunar months .

>

The video clip describes very well the difference between the tropical and sidereal computation of the lunar days. It states that the vedic calendar is based on the sidereal method of computing the lunar day.

4. astrologicaly it is right as we know the exaltation points and debilation points ,mrityu bhagas ,pushkar bhaga ,etc etc which has discssed classics points to a fixed rasi ,even some references in epics and purana s etc points a fixed rasi calender and fixed Lunar mansions.

The video did not discuss these points. But it explained very well how Rahu and Ketu points are computed. It showed how the lunar path is different from the ecliptic or the path of the Sun due to the difference of the path angles. The intersection of these paths are the locations of the shadowy grahas. It's very interesting. You should spend the time seeing this clip if you can.

Regards,

JR

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.