IndiaDivine.org

Pls name 15th to 19th century astro-scholars of yr state and books

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All, Can you all name the 15th to 19th century great astrology scholars who wrote compilations or great commentaries in your regional language? Wast treasure of Sanskrit astrological wisdom is trapped in regional languages, since the those texts and quotes are no more available in Devanagari script or in hindi or english, but only in various commentaries and compilations done by regional scholars in their regional script. (Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Panjabi, Bangali, Assamis, Pahali, Kashmiri, Odiya, Gujarati etc etc). To collect this ancient astrological wisdom, 1) We should identify the real scholars who had rare astrological knowledge collection with them and who wrote books and preserved it for posterity. (That is why I was asking for 15th to 19th century regional astro scholars) 2) Since the original quotations provided by them are in Sanskrit and they do refer to and provide us with the name of ancient books they are referring to, we should transliterate those quotes to Devanagari/Sanskrit script (for the easy accessibility to the people of whole of india) 3) We should make a single compilation from such quotes availed from various regional languages and provide it to the posterity for reference along with good commentary. Let us hope that some day this will happen for sure.Love and regards,Sreenadh

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

There is an excellent initiative that you could be part of:

http://www.saptarishisastrology.com/manuscripts.php

Above link has some excellent translations of ancient texts.

With your excellent Sanskrit knowledge, you could be of great help

Thanks

Kiran

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear All,

> Can you all name the 15th to 19th century great astrology scholars

> who wrote compilations or great commentaries in your regional language?

> Wast treasure of Sanskrit astrological wisdom is trapped in regional

> languages, since the those texts and quotes are no more available in

> Devanagari script or in hindi or english, but only in various

> commentaries and compilations done by regional scholars in their

> regional script. (Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Panjabi, Bangali,

> Assamis, Pahali, Kashmiri, Odiya, Gujarati etc etc). To collect this

> ancient astrological wisdom,

> 1) We should identify the real scholars who had rare astrological

> knowledge collection with them and who wrote books and preserved it for

> posterity. (That is why I was asking for 15th to 19th century regional

> astro scholars)

> 2) Since the original quotations provided by them are in Sanskrit and

> they do refer to and provide us with the name of ancient books they are

> referring to, we should transliterate those quotes to

> Devanagari/Sanskrit script (for the easy accessibility to the people of

> whole of india)

> 3) We should make a single compilation from such quotes availed from

> various regional languages and provide it to the posterity for

> reference along with good commentary.

> Let us hope that some day this will happen for sure.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

Guest guest

Dear Kiran ji, I know about the said link, and I appreciate the work they are doing. But the line of work of AIA and SA is just parallel and will never meet. Let them keep-up their good work, ours is different. Ofcourse the resources shared by one, the other might be able to utilize - if so that much good for them. What we are looking for and what we are trying to present in entirely different from what they are trying to do. As a general rule AIA is not interested in the kichadi of many systems (such as eastern, western, nadi and what not), but only in Ancient Indian Astrology that too "without mixing" the various systems. The fundamentals and foundations are more important and for that mainly the search happens based on ancient Rishi horas. Mainly it is those ancient Rishi hora quotes that we are interested in and even the search for compilations and translations done by 15th to 19th century astrologers is in truth not for that books itself, but for the rare ancient Rishi hora quotes that might be present in them. (We are searching for the gems within the gems mines! It is not the gem-mines but the ancient gems itself that truly interests us!). SA is interested in the spread, mixing-of-systems, gem-mines as mentioned above etc etc. AIA is interested in the deapth, non-mixing-of-systems, ancient gems - depth and sticking to the fundamental basic rishi hora foundations are the hall-mark of AIA approach to ancient astological wisdom. Now let us come back to the statement you made -//> 1)Above link has some excellent translations of ancient texts.>

2) With your excellent Sanskrit knowledge, you could be of great help// The first of the above statement is right, and I appreciate it. The second statement is wrong on both parts - i.e. Neither I have excellent sanskrit knowledge, nor I want to be of any help to them (because the paths differ). If you want to say that I could be great help to you all in understanding those works, then too you are wrong - because I appreciate many texts present their, but the only major text of my special interest I find there is "Lomasa Samhita" since I am not much interested in all these Nadi, Jaimini etc etc. As far is "Miscellaneous" (I hope he is referring to "Ancient Indian Astrology") titles are concerned, I have much more ancient resource with me than what little is provided there. But yes, it is true that every drop counts. So let us say an "All the Best" to all these Nadis, Jaimini and Western (and the mix-up of the whole) and let us continue with our search for ancient indian Rishi horas and the systematic and comprehensive picture and structure of astrology they provide us with. Let us apprciate them for for their work, but let us know that our path is different and unique. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "kiran.rama" <kiran.rama wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > There is an excellent initiative that you could be part of:> http://www.saptarishisastrology.com/manuscripts.php> > Above link has some excellent translations of ancient texts.> With your excellent Sanskrit knowledge, you could be of great help> > Thanks> Kiran