Guest guest

dear sanjiv ji

the context you have given of hanuman chalisa is something very different to

this, here mata sita has give var to hanuma ji

asht sidhi nav nidh key data asht bar dini janki mata

Mother sita granted you the boon that you will be the bestower of

the eight powers and the nine wealths.

here are some the of the siddhi which are more then 8 you have mentioned,

here in this forum we are try to learn lal kitab learnings where as u are asking

spiritual questions these can also be discussed, if u feel so we can also

continue.......

====================================================================

The Yogi acquires the following minor Siddhis also:

1. Freedom from hunger and thirst.

2. Freedom from the effects of heat and cold.

3. Freedom from Raga-Dvesha.

4. Doora Darshan, clairvoyance or Dooradrishti.

5. Doora Sravan, clairaudience or Doora Sruti and Doora Pravachana.

6. Mano-Jaya, control of mind.

7. Kama Rupa: The Yogi can take any form he likes.

8. Parakaya Pravesha: He can enter into another body, can animate a dead body

and enter into it by transferring his soul.

9. Iccha-Mrityu: Death at his will.

10. Devanam Saha Kreeda and Darshana: Playing with the gods after seeing them.

11. Yatha Sankalpa: Can get whatever he likes.

12. Trikala-Jnana: Knowledge of past, present and future.

13. Advandva: Beyond the pairs of opposites.

14. Vak-Siddhi: Whatever the Yogi predicts will come to pass by the practice of

Satya, Prophecy.

15. The Yogi can turn base metal into gold.

16. Kaya-Vyuha: Taking as many bodies as the Yogi likes to exhaust all his

Karmas in one life.

17. Darduri-Siddhi: The jumping power of a frog.

18. Patala-Siddhi: Yogi becomes Lord of desire, destroys sorrows and diseases.

19. He gets knowledge of his past life.

20. He gets knowledge of the cluster of stars and planets.

21. He gets the power of perceiving the Siddhas.

22. He gets mastery of the elements (Bhuta Jaya), mastery of Prana (Prana Jaya).

23. Kamachari: He can move to any place he likes.

24. He gets omnipotence and omniscience.

25. Vayu-Siddhi: The Yogi rises in the air and leaves the ground.

26. He can point out the place where a hidden treasure lies.

lalkitab , sanjiv sharma <sanjiv.sharma19 wrote:

>

> Respected Leekha ji,

>

> Regarding the No: of siddhis, as far as my limited knowledge goes, I have

> always heard of *Asht siddhi (* " perfection " , " accomplishment " , " attainment " ,

> or " success " ) *and Nav Nidhi*. In Hanuman Chalisa we address Hanuman ji as:

> * " Ashta Siddhi Nau Nidhi Ke Data,

> Asa Bar Din Janki Mata " .*

> *Eight primary siddhis being;*

>

> - *AnimÄ:* reducing one's body even to the size of an atom

> - *Mahima:* expanding one's body to an infinitely large size

> - *Garima:* becoming infinitely heavy

> - *Laghima:* becoming almost weightless

> - *PrÄpti:* having unrestricted access to all places

> - *PrÄkÄmya :* realizing whatever one desires

> - *Istva:* possessing absolute lordship;

> - *Vaśtva:* the power to subjugate all.

>

> Also, besides the above mentioned primary ones, we do hear about *Nine main

> and Ten secondary siddhis*

>

> *In the Bhagwat puran; lord krishna describes the Ten Secondary Siddhis as:*

>

> - *anūrmi-mattvam:* Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily

> disturbances

> - *dūra-śravana:* Hearing things far away

> - *dūra-darśanam:* Seeing things far away

> - *manan-javah:* Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation)

> - *kÄma-rÅ«pam:* Assuming any form desired

> - *para-kÄya praveÅ›anam:* Entering the bodies of others

> - *sva-chanda mrtyuh:* Dying when one desires

> - *devÄnÄm saha krÄ«dÄ anudarÅ›anam:* Witnessing and participating in

the

> pastimes of the Apsaras

> - *yathÄ saÅ„kalpa samsiddhi:* Perfect accomplishment of one's

> determination

> - *ÄjÃ±Ä apratihatÄ gati:* Orders or Commands being unimpeded .

>

> The marital status of *Ganesh ji* varies widely in mythological stories and

> the issue has been the subject of considerable scholarly review. Several

> patterns of associations with different *consorts* are identifiable, such as

> *Budhi /Riddhi /Siddhi.*

>

> Kindly clarify which 12 siddhis are we talking about.

>

> Also we hear about *sri 1008* sadhus ( as well). Is it " Sankalpa " to perform

> any Sadhana for a definite purpose. For example most Sadhus make a

> " Sankalpa " to perform a specific Sadhana for 108 days or 1008 days or as

> long as they feel necessary.

>

> With my best regards

>

> Sanjiv*

>

> *

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Respected Leekha ji,

Thank you for your reply. I, in order to better understand, had requested for a simple clarification with reference to the context (LK)only; ..... "   Kindly clarify which 12 siddhis are we talking about. "

The idea or the feeling, was not to deviate from the main course (LK) and astray into a so called spiritual discussion. At times, the line of demarcation is quite transparent and lot of (LK) subjects can be categorized as spiritual. Sometimes, one asks a question out of pure /absolute curiosity. I am sorry if I asked a question which I should not have asked in this forum.

Prior to your reply I received a reply from Mr. Harinder Singh.

I do not know whether you agree with his clarification or not; I, however, thinking that his reply is logical, had closed the matter by thanking him in my reply for his explanation.

I thank you also for a list of 26 more minor sidhis but instead, had you specified only 12 wrt (LK), it would have better clarified.

I am sure that not only me, but each and every member of this forum respects and admires your knowledge/ interpretation of LK from the core of his heart and eagerly look forward to benefit from your inputs, that is why these queries.

Since the feeling is that we are deviating from the main course, let us close this thread here it self.

With my best regards

Sanjiv

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM, sleekhas <sleekhas wrote:

dear sanjiv jithe context you have given of hanuman chalisa is something very different to this, here mata sita has give var to hanuma jiasht sidhi nav nidh key data asht bar dini janki mataMother sita granted you the boon that you will be the bestower of

the eight powers and the nine wealths.here are some the of the siddhi which are more then 8 you have mentioned, here in this forum we are try to learn lal kitab learnings where as u are asking spiritual questions these can also be discussed, if u feel so we can also continue.......

====================================================================The Yogi acquires the following minor Siddhis also: 1. Freedom from hunger and thirst. 2. Freedom from the effects of heat and cold.

3. Freedom from Raga-Dvesha. 4. Doora Darshan, clairvoyance or Dooradrishti. 5. Doora Sravan, clairaudience or Doora Sruti and Doora Pravachana. 6. Mano-Jaya, control of mind. 7. Kama Rupa: The Yogi can take any form he likes.

8. Parakaya Pravesha: He can enter into another body, can animate a dead body and enter into it by transferring his soul. 9. Iccha-Mrityu: Death at his will. 10. Devanam Saha Kreeda and Darshana: Playing with the gods after seeing them.

11. Yatha Sankalpa: Can get whatever he likes. 12. Trikala-Jnana: Knowledge of past, present and future. 13. Advandva: Beyond the pairs of opposites. 14. Vak-Siddhi: Whatever the Yogi predicts will come to pass by the practice of Satya, Prophecy.

15. The Yogi can turn base metal into gold. 16. Kaya-Vyuha: Taking as many bodies as the Yogi likes to exhaust all his Karmas in one life. 17. Darduri-Siddhi: The jumping power of a frog. 18. Patala-Siddhi: Yogi becomes Lord of desire, destroys sorrows and diseases.

19. He gets knowledge of his past life. 20. He gets knowledge of the cluster of stars and planets. 21. He gets the power of perceiving the Siddhas. 22. He gets mastery of the elements (Bhuta Jaya), mastery of Prana (Prana Jaya).

23. Kamachari: He can move to any place he likes. 24. He gets omnipotence and omniscience. 25. Vayu-Siddhi: The Yogi rises in the air and leaves the ground. 26. He can point out the place where a hidden treasure lies.

lalkitab , sanjiv sharma <sanjiv.sharma19 wrote:>> Respected Leekha ji,> > Regarding the No: of siddhis, as far as my limited knowledge goes, I have

> always heard of *Asht siddhi (* " perfection " , " accomplishment " , " attainment " ,> or " success " ) *and Nav Nidhi*. In Hanuman Chalisa we address Hanuman ji as:> * " Ashta Siddhi Nau Nidhi Ke Data,

> Asa Bar Din Janki Mata " .*> *Eight primary siddhis being;*> > - *AnimÄ :* reducing one's body even to the size of an atom> - *Mahima:* expanding one's body to an infinitely large size

> - *Garima:* becoming infinitely heavy> - *Laghima:* becoming almost weightless> - *PrÄ pti:* having unrestricted access to all places> - *PrÄ kÄ mya :* realizing whatever one desires> - *Istva:* possessing absolute lordship;

> - *Vaśtva:* the power to subjugate all.> > Also, besides the above mentioned primary ones, we do hear about *Nine main> and Ten secondary siddhis*> > *In the Bhagwat puran; lord krishna describes the Ten Secondary Siddhis as:*

> > - *anūrmi-mattvam:* Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily> disturbances> - *dūra-śravana:* Hearing things far away> - *dūra-darśanam:* Seeing things far away> - *manan-javah:* Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation)

> - *kÄ ma-rÅ«pam:* Assuming any form desired> - *para-kÄ ya praveÅ›anam:* Entering the bodies of others> - *sva-chanda mrtyuh:* Dying when one desires> - *devÄ nÄ m saha krÄ«dÄ anudarÅ›anam:* Witnessing and participating in the

> pastimes of the Apsaras> - *yathÄ saÅ„kalpa samsiddhi:* Perfect accomplishment of one's> determination> - *Ä jÃ±Ä apratihatÄ gati:* Orders or Commands being unimpeded .> > The marital status of *Ganesh ji* varies widely in mythological stories and

> the issue has been the subject of considerable scholarly review. Several> patterns of associations with different *consorts* are identifiable, such as> *Budhi /Riddhi /Siddhi.*> > Kindly clarify which 12 siddhis are we talking about.

> > Also we hear about *sri 1008* sadhus ( as well). Is it " Sankalpa " to perform> any Sadhana for a definite purpose. For example most Sadhus make a> " Sankalpa " to perform a specific Sadhana for 108 days or 1008 days or as

> long as they feel necessary.> > With my best regards> > Sanjiv*> > *>