IndiaDivine.org

astrology and optimistics and fraud calender charlatan' s

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ASTROLOGY AND OPTIMIST

KN RAO

13 August 2007, 2:47 PM

Two distinct developments that must take place, logically, after the introduction of the astrology courses in the universities is that some of the astrologers emerging out of a good training course in these subjects will be most useful counsellors in our society. Then, in course of time, practising astrology without a proper license should be declared illegal, punishable under law.

The need for this must be understood and appreciated.How many people can say with pride and so much confidence after scrutinising astrological predictions given to him by an astrologer forty four years ago, that he has been an optimist because he believed in astrology? How many people can say that the astrologer had never seen him but had made all the predictions on the basis of the horoscope he had prepared after the birth details were supplied to him? The identity of the person who has gone on record saying this will be revealed later. First some advice and caution.

If an astrologer cannot raise your realistic hopes through what he reads by balancing the positive and negative features of your horoscope, do not go to him. Life is neither a story of unmitigated gloom nor of never ending successes. The silver lining seen in encircling gloom is an ability an astrologer with a spiritual background will invariably have.

A greedy one will miss it because his love of the lucre tempts him to demand a fat fees and fatter amount for graha shanti.

Mingling such greed with lack of research for the complex life of modern times can be devastating in its bad effects. But astrologers have their subterfuges, those entrapments about which many complain.

It is what makes astrology looks more a piece of charlatanry than a luminous piece of honest counselling.. There is that fear psychology astrologers know how to create through their waffling. They know that some of their clients are familiar with fright producing jargons like sadhe saati, kaal sarpa yoga and Saturn and Rahu periods which in the mind of a layman, already in trouble, are apparitions he wants not to know anything about.

What astrology must do is to make you an optimist. What one can achieve in life within astrologically discernible limitations is what an astrologer with experience and honest intention can see mostly.

Sir Woodrow Wyatt

Here is an instance from what Sir Woodrow W yatt, the famous Englishman who had come to India at the age of 26 says about the superb predictive value of Hindu astrology and how it made him an optimist. (from Who does notconsult stars an article he wrote for Times London in May 1988 and reproduced in the Pioneer, Lucknow some days after.)

" But such predictions are unlikely to reach anywhere near accuracy, of say, Indian astrologer working on a precise time, date and place of birthof the person concerned.

I went to India in late 1944. I had a friend, K.M. Pannikar, who was Prime Minister of the princely state of Bikaner. He asked me if I would like the court astrologer, K.P. Sharma, to cast my horoscope emphasising that his accuracy had been sharpened by being put in the local look-up for a day or so any time the made serious mistake over the Maharaja's immediate future. This was unfairto Mr. Sharma: frequent applications to an astrologer dilute and muddy the brew.

Mr. Sharma, whom I never met and who knew nothing about me (not that there was anything to know when I was 26), cast my horoscope blind in January 1945 from the actual minutes and second of my birth, which I knew and from the house I was born in.

The full text is published as a three-page appendix to my autobiography, "Confession of an Optimist".

" When I have felt let down I have been encouraged by looking at it afresh because Mr. Sharma foresaw most of the next to come good his in my life. For example, " The royal planet in the tenth (viz, the Sun) house alsoindicated titles and honours in the later half of life".

I was knighted when I was 64. I was sent to the Lords when I was 68. How the devil could Mr. Sharma tell that and many other things from my stars. But he did. He made amazing accurate predictions for my friend Pannikar which puzzledus in 1945 but became clear when, unexpectedly ambassador of independent India in Peking (1948 52), he was able, trusted by both, to persuade theAmericans and Chinese communists to begin the negotiations which ended the Korean war.

"My horoscope is a main reason why I have always been an optimist."

Wyatt was fortunate because he met a raj jyotishi and not the run of the mill practitioners we see near every fourth lamp post in big cities these days.

In future,properly trained astrologers, reviving the traditions of raj jyotishis, and with the fear of punishment for unethical practices looming beforethem always, may become a reality.

It is why the UGC steps to introduce astrology courses in the universities have to appreciated.

But the UGC has no mechanism of knowing the standardofteachers of astrology and the type of students attracted to astrology courses. As it is, in Delhi, there are astrological classes conducted by many attracting students from different strata of our society.

It is not known to many that astrology is the most difficult subject, moredifficult than any subject taught in unversities, with its elaborate methodologies, skill of interpretation in the ever changing social context of modern times. How many teachers are equipped to interpret old astrological maxims in new light and how many students have the mental equipment to avoid the beaten track ofjargons, cliches and the dead weight of dogmatic interpretation given in badly translated books from Sanskrit to Hindi, English or other regionallanguages?

The complain made by some teachers teaching astrology is generally that most of the students attracted to astrology courses are those who havefailed in making careers and want to learn a trick or two to make money through astrology since in India thousands keep consulting astrologers.

It is a tragic trap into which the astrology course can fall.

Shri Vijaya Raghavanji,

Namaskar!

It appears you are still unaware of the fact that Shri K. N. Rao has

stopped calling any predictive gimmicks as Vedic astrology as he

has " realised his mistake " . If in doubt, just get it confirmed from

Shri Rao himself!

Secondly, if you go through printed magazines of astrological

predictions of the past fifty years, you will find that hardly twenty

per cent predictions have proved correct!

It is a separate story that " jyotishis " remember only the ones that

by sheer chance proved correct.

Thirdly, I do not see any references to " fraud calendar " in the

article that you have quoted! If that is your personal view that the

Hindus are really celebrating all their festivals and muhurtas on

correct days and there is nothing wrong with them, I suggest you

advance your argument in a free and frank but civilized manner on

HinduCalendar

forum! The only condition is that you have to substantiate your

arguments with proofs from scriptures and modern astronomy!

Regards,

A K Kaul

Dhanyavad.

A K Kaul

, " lion_draco1983 "

<lion_draco1983 wrote:

>

> ASTROLOGY AND OPTIMIST

> [http://www.journalofastrology.com/images/tr.gif] KN

RAO 13

> August 2007, 2:47 PM

> Two distinct developments that must take place, logically, after the

> introduction of the astrology courses in the universities is that

some

> of the astrologers emerging out of a good training course in these

> subjects will be most useful counsellors in our society. Then, in

course

> of time, practising astrology without a proper license should be

> declared illegal, punishable under law.

>

> The need for this must be understood and appreciated.How many

people can

> say with pride and so much confidence after scrutinising

astrological

> predictions given to him by an astrologer forty four years ago,

that he

> has been an optimist because he believed in astrology? How many

people

> can say that the astrologer had never seen him but had made all the

> predictions on the basis of the horoscope he had prepared after the

> birth details were supplied to him? The identity of the person who

has

> gone on record saying this will be revealed later. First some

advice and

> caution.

> If an astrologer cannot raise your realistic hopes through what he

reads

> by balancing the positive and negative features of your horoscope,

do

> not go to him. Life is neither a story of unmitigated gloom nor of

never

> ending successes. The silver lining seen in encircling gloom is an

> ability an astrologer with a spiritual background will invariably

have.

> A greedy one will miss it because his love of the lucre tempts him

to

> demand a fat fees and fatter amount for graha shanti.

> Mingling such greed with lack of research for the complex life of

modern

> times can be devastating in its bad effects. But astrologers have

their

> subterfuges, those entrapments about which many complain.

> It is what makes astrology looks more a piece of charlatanry than a

> luminous piece of honest counselling.. There is that fear psychology

> astrologers know how to create through their waffling. They know

that

> some of their clients are familiar with fright producing jargons

> sadhe saati, kaal sarpa yoga and Saturn and Rahu periods which in

the

> mind of a layman, already in trouble, are apparitions he wants not

to

> know anything about.

> What astrology must do is to make you an optimist. What one can

achieve

> in life within astrologically discernible limitations is what an

> astrologer with experience and honest intention can see mostly.

> Sir Woodrow Wyatt

> Here is an instance from what Sir Woodrow W yatt, the famous

Englishman

> who had come to India at the age of 26 says about the superb

predictive

> value of Hindu astrology and how it made him an optimist. (from Who

does

> not

> consult stars an article he wrote for Times London in May 1988 and

> reproduced in the Pioneer, Lucknow some days after.)

>

> " But such predictions are unlikely to reach anywhere near accuracy,

> of say, Indian astrologer working on a precise time, date and place

of

> birth

> of the person concerned.

>

> I went to India in late 1944. I had a friend, K.M. Pannikar, who was

> Prime Minister of the princely state of Bikaner. He asked me if I

would

> like the court astrologer, K.P. Sharma, to cast my horoscope

emphasising

> that his accuracy had been sharpened by being put in the local look-

up

> for a day or so any time the made serious mistake over the

> Maharaja's immediate future. This was unfair

> to Mr. Sharma: frequent applications to an astrologer dilute and

muddy

> the brew.

>

> Mr. Sharma, whom I never met and who knew nothing about me (not that

> there was anything to know when I was 26), cast my horoscope blind

in

> January 1945 from the actual minutes and second of my birth, which I

> knew and from the house I was born in.

> The full text is published as a three-page appendix to my

autobiography,

> "

> Confession of an Optimist " .

> " When I have felt let down I have been encouraged by looking at it

> afresh because Mr. Sharma foresaw most of the next to come good his

in

> my life. For example, " The royal planet in the tenth (viz, the Sun)

> house also

> indicated titles and honours in the later half of life " .

>

> I was knighted when I was 64. I was sent to the Lords when I was

68. How

> the devil could Mr. Sharma tell that and many other things from my

> stars. But he did. He made amazing accurate predictions for my

friend

> Pannikar which puzzled

> us in 1945 but became clear when, unexpectedly ambassador of

independent

> India in Peking (1948 52), he was able, trusted by both, to

persuade the

> Americans and Chinese communists to begin the negotiations which

ended

> the Korean war.

> " My horoscope is a main reason why I have always been an optimist. "

> Wyatt was fortunate because he met a raj jyotishi and not the run

of the

> mill practitioners we see near every fourth lamp post in big cities

> these days.

> In future,properly trained astrologers, reviving the traditions of

raj

> jyotishis, and with the fear of punishment for unethical practices

> looming before

> them always, may become a reality.

> It is why the UGC steps to introduce astrology courses in the

> universities have to appreciated.

> But the UGC has no mechanism of knowing the standardofteachers of

> astrology and the type of students attracted to astrology courses.

As it

> is, in Delhi, there are astrological classes conducted by many

> attracting students from different strata of our society.

> It is not known to many that astrology is the most difficult

subject,

> more

> difficult than any subject taught in unversities, with its elaborate

> methodologies, skill of interpretation in the ever changing social

> context of modern times. How many teachers are equipped to

interpret old

> astrological maxims in new light and how many students have the

mental

> equipment to avoid the beaten track of

> jargons, cliches and the dead weight of dogmatic interpretation

given in

> badly translated books from Sanskrit to Hindi, English or other

regional

> languages?

> The complain made by some teachers teaching astrology is generally

that

> most of the students attracted to astrology courses are those who

have

> failed in making careers and want to learn a trick or two to make

money

> through astrology since in India thousands keep consulting

astrologers.

> It is a tragic trap into which the astrology course can fall.

>

u answer to the point .

i saw a confession frm paul krugman that he cud not foresee nor any economists the present economic melt down ,and he got nobel prize .

same way what u expect frm ur xian bros ??

i asked u to translate ur understanding of vedas where as u r asking ppl to go and study to steer away frm opposition .

i hav 1000 exmples of vedic astrology in vedas and puranas unless u follow xian chronology of BC 4000 some thing adam born ,but i will explain u only when u or ur cronies or fakes accept charts published in famous net forums and atleast see is it in complaince with vedic astro principles ,then i can answer u when ur mind is more illuminated .

i dont need ur certificate to know its efficiency where as i am 100% convinced too .

i told u and promised u too long long b4 where as u r avoiding my questions of explaining vedas frm begining to end (let grp know ur knowledge ) ,it is not my job it is ur job .As u claims r big and knower of everything .

regrds Vijayaraghavan

, "Avtar Krishen Kaul" <jyotirved wrote:>> Shri Vijaya Raghavanji,> Namaskar!> > It appears you are still unaware of the fact that Shri K. N. Rao has > stopped calling any predictive gimmicks as Vedic astrology as he > has "realised his mistake". If in doubt, just get it confirmed from > Shri Rao himself!> Secondly, if you go through printed magazines of astrological > predictions of the past fifty years, you will find that hardly twenty > per cent predictions have proved correct!> > It is a separate story that "jyotishis" remember only the ones that > by sheer chance proved correct.> > Thirdly, I do not see any references to "fraud calendar" in the > article that you have quoted! If that is your personal view that the > Hindus are really celebrating all their festivals and muhurtas on > correct days and there is nothing wrong with them, I suggest you > advance your argument in a free and frank but civilized manner on > HinduCalendar> forum! The only condition is that you have to substantiate your > arguments with proofs from scriptures and modern astronomy!> Regards,> A K Kaul> > Dhanyavad.> A K Kaul> , "lion_draco1983" > lion_draco1983@ wrote:> >> > ASTROLOGY AND OPTIMIST > > [http://www.journalofastrology.com/images/tr.gif] KN > RAO 13> > August 2007, 2:47 PM> > Two distinct developments that must take place, logically, after the> > introduction of the astrology courses in the universities is that > some> > of the astrologers emerging out of a good training course in these> > subjects will be most useful counsellors in our society. Then, in > course> > of time, practising astrology without a proper license should be> > declared illegal, punishable under law.> > > > The need for this must be understood and appreciated.How many > people can> > say with pride and so much confidence after scrutinising > astrological> > predictions given to him by an astrologer forty four years ago, > that he> > has been an optimist because he believed in astrology? How many > people> > can say that the astrologer had never seen him but had made all the> > predictions on the basis of the horoscope he had prepared after the> > birth details were supplied to him? The identity of the person who > has> > gone on record saying this will be revealed later. First some > advice and> > caution.> > If an astrologer cannot raise your realistic hopes through what he > reads> > by balancing the positive and negative features of your horoscope, > do> > not go to him. Life is neither a story of unmitigated gloom nor of > never> > ending successes. The silver lining seen in encircling gloom is an> > ability an astrologer with a spiritual background will invariably > have.> > A greedy one will miss it because his love of the lucre tempts him > to> > demand a fat fees and fatter amount for graha shanti.> > Mingling such greed with lack of research for the complex life of > modern> > times can be devastating in its bad effects. But astrologers have > their> > subterfuges, those entrapments about which many complain.> > It is what makes astrology looks more a piece of charlatanry than a> > luminous piece of honest counselling.. There is that fear psychology> > astrologers know how to create through their waffling. They know > that> > some of their clients are familiar with fright producing jargons > like> > sadhe saati, kaal sarpa yoga and Saturn and Rahu periods which in > the> > mind of a layman, already in trouble, are apparitions he wants not > to> > know anything about.> > What astrology must do is to make you an optimist. What one can > achieve> > in life within astrologically discernible limitations is what an> > astrologer with experience and honest intention can see mostly.> > Sir Woodrow Wyatt> > Here is an instance from what Sir Woodrow W yatt, the famous > Englishman> > who had come to India at the age of 26 says about the superb > predictive> > value of Hindu astrology and how it made him an optimist. (from Who > does> > not> > consult stars an article he wrote for Times London in May 1988 and> > reproduced in the Pioneer, Lucknow some days after.)> > > > " But such predictions are unlikely to reach anywhere near accuracy,> > of say, Indian astrologer working on a precise time, date and place > of> > birth> > of the person concerned.> > > > I went to India in late 1944. I had a friend, K.M. Pannikar, who was> > Prime Minister of the princely state of Bikaner. He asked me if I > would> > like the court astrologer, K.P. Sharma, to cast my horoscope > emphasising> > that his accuracy had been sharpened by being put in the local look-> up> > for a day or so any time the made serious mistake over the> > Maharaja's immediate future. This was unfair> > to Mr. Sharma: frequent applications to an astrologer dilute and > muddy> > the brew.> > > > Mr. Sharma, whom I never met and who knew nothing about me (not that> > there was anything to know when I was 26), cast my horoscope blind > in> > January 1945 from the actual minutes and second of my birth, which I> > knew and from the house I was born in.> > The full text is published as a three-page appendix to my > autobiography,> > "> > Confession of an Optimist".> > " When I have felt let down I have been encouraged by looking at it> > afresh because Mr. Sharma foresaw most of the next to come good his > in> > my life. For example, " The royal planet in the tenth (viz, the Sun)> > house also> > indicated titles and honours in the later half of life".> > > > I was knighted when I was 64. I was sent to the Lords when I was > 68. How> > the devil could Mr. Sharma tell that and many other things from my> > stars. But he did. He made amazing accurate predictions for my > friend> > Pannikar which puzzled> > us in 1945 but became clear when, unexpectedly ambassador of > independent> > India in Peking (1948 52), he was able, trusted by both, to > persuade the> > Americans and Chinese communists to begin the negotiations which > ended> > the Korean war.> > "My horoscope is a main reason why I have always been an optimist."> > Wyatt was fortunate because he met a raj jyotishi and not the run > of the> > mill practitioners we see near every fourth lamp post in big cities> > these days.> > In future,properly trained astrologers, reviving the traditions of > raj> > jyotishis, and with the fear of punishment for unethical practices> > looming before> > them always, may become a reality.> > It is why the UGC steps to introduce astrology courses in the> > universities have to appreciated.> > But the UGC has no mechanism of knowing the standardofteachers of> > astrology and the type of students attracted to astrology courses. > As it> > is, in Delhi, there are astrological classes conducted by many> > attracting students from different strata of our society.> > It is not known to many that astrology is the most difficult > subject,> > more> > difficult than any subject taught in unversities, with its elaborate> > methodologies, skill of interpretation in the ever changing social> > context of modern times. How many teachers are equipped to > interpret old> > astrological maxims in new light and how many students have the > mental> > equipment to avoid the beaten track of> > jargons, cliches and the dead weight of dogmatic interpretation > given in> > badly translated books from Sanskrit to Hindi, English or other > regional> > languages?> > The complain made by some teachers teaching astrology is generally > that> > most of the students attracted to astrology courses are those who > have> > failed in making careers and want to learn a trick or two to make > money> > through astrology since in India thousands keep consulting > astrologers.> > It is a tragic trap into which the astrology course can fall.> >>