IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [VFA-members] Fw: RE: Carlos Ramos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

----- Forwarded Message ----friend vijai <friendvijaiVFA Members <vfa-members >Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:03:55 PM[VFA-members] Fw: RE: Carlos Ramos

This is the response I got from art gallery!--- On Fri, 8/28/09, carlos ramos <chwbaca (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

carlos ramos <chwbaca (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>RE: Carlos Ramosfriend_vijai@ Friday, August 28, 2009, 2:14 PM

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your letter of concern. The artist, Carlos Ramos, has asked that we respond with his statement

below.

Statement from Carlos Ramos:

To Hindus and Others Concerned,

I have received many letters of concern about my depictions in my Indian paintings currently on exhibit.

I never intended to offend or misinterpret any religious imagery. What follows are things I had read in doing my research during the development of

these

pieces.

The painting of Durga:

I read a passage in the description of Durga..

Durga's Three Eyes

Like Shiva, Mother Durga is also referred to as "Triyambake" meaning the three eyed Goddess. The left eye represents desire (the moon), the right eye

represents action (the sun), and the central eye knowledge (fire).

The painting of Krishna:

This is a passage I read..

Krishna as a Woman: Krishna takes on the form of a female to destroy the demon called Araka. Araka’s strength came from his chasteness. He had

never

set eyes on a woman, so Krishna took on the form of a beautiful woman and married him. After three days of the marriage, there was a battle and

Krishna

killed the demon. He then revealed himself to the other god in his true form. Hijras, when they tell this story, say that when Krishna revealed himself

he

told the other gods that “there will be more like me, neither man nor woman, and whatever words come from the mouths of these people, whether

good

(blessing) or bad (curses), will come trueâ€

The paintings are a result of an artist inspired and excited. I have nothing but respect and humbleness to the culture and religious views of India and

it’s

people.

These paintings were executed in the spirit of love and admiration and my only intention was to express myself in color and line. I hope to bring

people

closer together with my pieces and have a shared experience.

Please try and see these pieces as an expression of love and excitement.

Thank you for listening,

Carlos Ramos

In order to achieve a clearer understanding of the artist's intention, the painting "Maa Durga" will be re-titled "The Invincible One" and the painting

"Krishna" will be re-titled "Krishna's Disguise To Battle Araka". We regret any misunderstanding and assure you that no disrespect was ever meant.

Best Regards,

Corey Helford Gallery

Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:39:06 -0700friend_vijai@ Carlos Ramoschwbaca (AT) hotmail (DOT) com; rs@coreyhelfordgall ery.com

Please stop your shameful depiction of Lord Krishna & Mother Durga by Carlos Ramos.It is an insult to Hindus & Hinduism.Vijay

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.