IndiaDivine.org

Re Fwd(akandabaratam) Why Astrology is highly misleading and harmful!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

akandabaratam , "K. Loganathan" <ulagankmy wrote:

#47544 in akandabaratam

Why Astrology is Highly Misleading and Harmful

As I gain more and more metaphysical insights by an intensive study of Sacred Tamil , I also find myself disagreeing more and more violently with Vedic Astrology and such other pseudo-sciences.

I just completed the study of some verses of Tayumanavar’s Secrets of Sitambaram and which again opened up my eyes with regard to the True Way,, the San Maarkkam and which is definitely not the Way of Vedic Astrology and so forth. The present day Hindu life including that of Tamils appears to me so corrupted with superstitious belief systems that the True Hinduism is hardly visible as a living reality.

My present comments follow my study of Tayumanavar at :

akandabaratam/message/24149

You can see that Tayumanavar also includes the Vedic Rishies as one those groups of people who enjoyed Transductive Perceptions and in which they also gain an understanding of BEING that is beyond any doubts and so forth. Such an understanding also bestows them with various kinds of psychic powers and quasi muktis and where finally the Real Moksa is granted.

The implication here is that Vedic Astrology not only DENIES such visions of the Thrid Eye but also MISLEADS people AWAY from seeking to attain such capacities and with that gain visions of the Games BEING plays in the world, understanding which constitutes understanding BEING itself.

The Vedic Astrology does not make people think that it is BEING who manages their life and that they can overcome their sufferings and so forth only by gaining the AruL of BEING, the Grace of BEING.

Astrology takes people away from BEING through false promises and in that causes their FALL and hence suffer more misfortunes and so forth.

This also goes against temple Worship where Icon Thinking is promoted. As a person worships a deity and later seeks to UNDERSTAND the MEANINGS encrypted in the icons, he slowly draws closer to BEING and when the time is ripe his Third Eye will be opened ip and where he can witness BEING and the various games he plays directly. When further inquiries follow with respect to the MEANINGS of these games, then the Njaanam flourishes and the soul becomes PURE and CLEAN with less and less of the polluting Malam.

As Astrology does not promote this kind of Icon Thinking, it becomes very harmful for the souls- it causes the FALL and throws them more and more into the grips of Malam, the Satan (to put metaphorically) and which brings more miseries and sufferings.

This raises the question: While astronomy and the devising of more and more accurate calendars and the celebrations of festivals and so forth are quite consistent with the Right Way, but most certainly not astrology- it is in fact very injurious to genuine religious life. Then why the Vedic Brahmins promote it and mislead the people? I believe the Brahmin in promoting such nonsense have become very superstitious indeed.

Loga (revised 8-3-10)