IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [sreyas06] Appeal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

----- Forwarded Message ----SREYAS <sreyas06sreyas06 Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 12:09:34 PM[sreyas06] Appeal

Lakshminaatha Samaarambhaam Naatha Yamuna Madhyamaam |

Asmad Acharya Paryantham Vande Guru Paramparam ||

Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear All,

Please take time to read this important mail.

We are all indeed proud to be a Sri Vaishnavite for this is the only community that has been a role model for all others in terms of being the most catholic religion that goes beyond all castes, creeds and discriminations. Every Sri Vaishnava can walk with a proud for he/she belongs to the tradition that brought forth the tamil hymns of Azhwars in par or may be even at a higher level with/to the Sanskrit Vedas.

Our purvacharyas (preceptors) have sacrificed so many things in their life and have guarded this greatest tradition of all times. Though many of our preceptors have contributed, no one can deny the fact that it was indeed Sriman Nathamunigal our fore father who played the most vital role in bringing back the once lost 4000 Divya Prabhandam by reciting Kanninunchiruthambu for 12000 times in 3 days for which Sri Nammazhwar(satakopa muni) appeared before him and presented the 4000 Divya Prabhanda hymns.

This is why we hail "naatha yaamuna madhyamaam" in our day to day prayers glorifying this great preceptor of ours. On one side we enjoy the luxury that has been granted to us by our preceptors who by their sacrifices have delivered us the tradition, wisdom and pride and hence the great life but on the other side, we need to answer just one question. "What is it that I being a Sri Vaishnava have done back to them?". We may have to spend few minutes every day on how do we reciprocate our gratitude to them and the only possible means for this is via a SERVICE (not any service) that upholds and uniquely identifies our Srivaishnava tradition.

We all have properties (home, land, assets and so on) but when it comes to glorifying our preceptors, their birth place and sacred burial shrines, we have a long way to go. This is to let you all know of a sad state of Sriman Nathamunigal' s tiruvarasu (sacred burial shrine) which is near Jeyamkondan( Trichy). Even Srivaishnavites hardly know about this so one can imagine that others wouldn't even have heard about it. For those who breath and live on Sri Ramanuja's name and chant their Acharya's slokams, it is meaningless to pray or claim that He is our only saviour, without explicitly performing any service as a matter of gratitude that too a service such as renovation of this great tiruvarasu of Sriman Nathamunigal. It hardly costs Rs. Ten Thousand for each one of you and 100 members together we could completely renovate and restore the grand state of this holy place.

I have been assigned this task as a coordinator on behalf of Sri Bhashyakara Charitable Trust (48, Bazullah Road, T.Nagar, Chennai-17) to support the Nathamuni Charitable Trust (Sri. Srinivasan s/o Haridoss, No 11, Mettu Street, Jayankondam, Ariyalur District, Pin 621802) that is managing the sacred burial shrine of Sri Nathamunigal.

I put forth my humble request at your feet that your good self come forward for this noble service without second thought at the earliest possible so as to see this holy place restored back to its grandeur soon.

You may deposit your contribution (Rs. 10,000) to my ICICI bank account after dropping me an email so that I can track the contributions. All accounts will be made available for public.

Lakshmi Narasimhan Venkatapathy

ICICI Savings Account: 000 101 556 476

Cenotaph Road Branch,

Chennai

Please pass this on to others without fail as well. If you really can't contribute, spend few minutes of your time and shed few tears of realisation and pray that this should happen well and soon with Lord Sriman Narayana's grace. Your sincere prayers will definitely make it happen.

Contributions have started coming in. Accounts are available for public through the following site.

http://nathamunigal -tiruvarasu. blogspot. com/

Yours sincerely,

ramanuja dasan

lakshmi narasimhan