IndiaDivine.org

[Lightclangathering] Can one get clairvoyance powers?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Si Jia Ong,

You are absolutely right. I had no trouble identifying with this article. It says so much doesn't it? .... I too have been granted with a few 'gifts' along a very long journey in my life. It appears to me in hindsight, that I have been given 'tidbits' here and there ... at certain times; and given only as much 'as I was able to handle'. I'm glad for that .... because there's no point in being offered a 'gift' at the wrong time in your life is there?!

p.s.: I also enjoy the vast amount of 'articles' that you post on this group every day!!! Thank you for the abundance of knowledge that you share with us!!!

Wishing you lots of blessings, success, and happiness,

Angelica

Si Jia Ong <mitsuki_sanada01 wrote:

I come across this and I feel it can be applied to all of us. This not only encompasses clairvoyance, many of us chase gifts, while others are given gifts but don't know what to do with it. Others have a gift and abuse it, while others suppress it. To Empaths, Telepaths and others with psychic abilities, I feel you can identify with this article.

By Thubten Chodron

Q: Can one get clairvoyance powers through practicing Buddhism? Is this a worthwhile goal to pursue?

A: Yes, one can, but that is not the principle goal of the practice. Some people get very excited over the prospect of having clairvoyance. "Wait until I tell my friends about this! Everyone will think I'm special and will come to ask me for advice. I'll be well-known and well-respected." What an egotistical motivation for wanting to be clairvoyant! If we still get angry and cannot control what we say, think and do, what use is it running after clairvoyance? It could even become a distraction to our practice because we get caught up in the excitement and the reputation. It is far more beneficial for this and future lives' happiness to concentrate on becoming a kindperson who has an altruistic attitude.

Once a child asked me if I had clairvoyance. Could I bend a spoon through concentration? Could I stop a clock or walk through a wall? I told him no, and even if I could, what use would it be? Does that lessen the suffering of the world? The person whose spoon I ruined may suffer more! The point of our human existence is not to build up our ego but to develop a kind heart and a sense of universal responsibility working for world peace. Loving kindness is a real miracle!

If one has a kind heart, then developing clairvoyant powers could be beneficial for others. High practitioners do not go around advertising their clairvoyance. In fact, most of them will deny it and will be very humble. The Buddha warned against public displays of clairvoyance unless it was necessary in order to benefit others. Humble people are actually more impressive than boastful ones: their serenity and respect for others shine through. Someone who has subdued pride, who has loving kindness attitude toward others, and who is developing his/her wisdom is someone we can trust. Such a person is working for benefit of others, not for his/her own prestige and wealth. This person we can rely on.

May you remember in your heart what truly makes a difference & prepare to grow anew in the year ahead.

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more. Post your free ad now! Canada Personals