IndiaDivine.org

Pilgrimage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Krishna,

Here's wishing you a peaceful journey and a safe adventure.

May your pilgrimage bring you peace and numerous encounters

with mystics and learned sadhus. Let us know about your travels.

namaste,

Sanjay

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 Pilgrimagejyotish-vidya Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 10:51 PM

Dear All,I have set out on a month long pilgrimage trip in northern India starting tomorrow. I will not be able to participate during this time. I will be back in about a month.Regards,Krishna

Guest guest

Dear Friend,

These days north india has mixed weather with jaipur having lot of dust around and Deva Bhoomi of Himachal having most pleasent climate is an ideal ponit to uncover sevreal places of interst.As one patiently treks these hills several interesting stories of sadhus and mystics could be seen and heard.

wishing all the beasent and a pleasent trip

vrkrishnan

--- On Sat, 6/13/09, Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja wrote:

Sanjay Khanduja <skhandujaRe: Pilgrimagejyotish-vidya Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Krishna,

namaste,

Sanjay

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> Pilgrimagejyotish-vidyaFriday, June 12, 2009, 10:51 PM

Dear All,I have set out on a month long pilgrimage trip in northern India starting tomorrow. I will not be able to participate during this time. I will be back in about a month.Regards,Krishna

• 5 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear Sanjay, Krishnan and All,Thanks for your kind wishes. With these wishes and God's grace, we are safely back from a month long trip after surviving a very hot northern belt, the peak temperature being in Agra (49 degrees!). It was a very hectic but a very unique experience. We enjoyed this different kind of trip, not used to normally.

We covered the following places:BhubaneshwarPuriKonarkKolkataPrayagGayaVaranasiKhatmanduAyodhyaAgraDelhiHardwarHrishikeshGourikundKedarBadari

AmritsarVaishnodeviJammuI will soon catch-up with the discussion going on here.Regards,KrishnaOn Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM, vattem krishnan <bursar_99 wrote:

Dear Friend,

These days north india has mixed weather with jaipur having lot of dust around and Deva Bhoomi of Himachal having most pleasent climate is an ideal ponit to uncover sevreal places of interst.As one patiently treks these hills several interesting stories of sadhus and mystics could be seen and heard.

vrkrishnan

--- On Sat, 6/13/09, Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja wrote:

Sanjay Khanduja <skhandujaRe: Pilgrimage

jyotish-vidya Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Krishna,

namaste,

Sanjay

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> Pilgrimagejyotish-vidyaFriday, June 12, 2009, 10:51 PM

Guest guest

Dear Krishna,

Its great to have you back after the long pilgrimage. How are you?

It appears you had a rather ambitious plan of travel with numerous

extraordinary places on your list. Let me begin by asking about Gaya.

I gather it is the place Gautama received enlightenment, and one of

foremost places for pilgrimage in Hindu dharma and particularly in

Buddhism. Please tell us more about the place, and especially

about the so called tarpanam or pitru puja that is famously

done there.

Hope you and family are getting some rest and feeling blessed.

regards,

Sanjay

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58Re: Pilgrimagejyotish-vidya Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 10:50 PM

Dear Sanjay, Krishnan and All,Thanks for your kind wishes. With these wishes and God's grace, we are safely back from a month long trip after surviving a very hot northern belt, the peak temperature being in Agra (49 degrees!). It was a very hectic but a very unique experience. We enjoyed this different kind of trip, not used to normally.We covered the following places:BhubaneshwarPuriKonarkKolkataPrayagGayaVaranasiKhatmanduAyodhyaAgraDelhiHardwarHrishikeshGourikundKedarBadariAmritsarVaishnodeviJammuI will soon catch-up with the discussion going on here.Regards,Krishna

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM, vattem krishnan <bursar_99 > wrote:

Dear Friend,

vrkrishnan

--- On Sat, 6/13/09, Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja > wrote:

Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja >Re: Pilgrimage

jyotish-vidyaSaturday, June 13, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Krishna,

namaste,

Sanjay

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay,I am pretty tired and still forced to sleep a few hours during the day. The tour was very hectic and during the trip only a couple of days I was able to get my normal sleep of about 7-8 hours. Otherwise, we used to either travel during night or get only 4-5 hours to sleep - had to get ready early either for a river bath and temple visit or catch a bus/train.

You are right that Gaya is one of the most important places for Hindus specially for pitru puja. There is a temple of 'Vishnu Paada' where the puja is done and and 'pinda' is offered at the feet of Vishnu and it is believed that your ancestors get moksha that way. I offered the prayers for my late father. The priest was able to speek my local language (you could find a priest speaking any language of your choice) and conducted the puja very well to the satisfaction of our group.

And, nearby is Bodhgaya - the place where Gautama is supposed to have got his enlightenment. That place has a huge tree even today and I was told that it is the 4th generation tree after Buddha got his enlightenment. Also, there is a beautiful Buddha Temple with an attractive Buddha Statue. All this is in a big campus with garden, lawn, and a pond and one could spend some time peacefully here.  It is believed that Buddha meditated for weeks in this place after his enlightenment. Also it is believed that lotus appeared at each step Buddha took after his enlightenment. Symbolically, a few stone carved Lotuses can be seen in the pathway near the temple. Nearby, there are 3-4 Buddha temples built by Tibetians, Chinese and Japanese reflecting the respective architectures. All of them are well maintained and worth visiting.

Regards,KrishnaOn Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja wrote:

Dear Krishna,

Its great to have you back after the long pilgrimage. How are you?

about the so called tarpanam or pitru puja that is famously

done there.

regards,

Sanjay 

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58

Re: Pilgrimagejyotish-vidya Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 10:50 PM

Dear Sanjay, Krishnan and All,Thanks for your kind wishes. With these wishes and God's grace, we are safely back from a month long trip after surviving a very hot northern belt, the peak temperature being in Agra (49 degrees!). It was a very hectic but a very unique experience. We enjoyed this different kind of trip, not used to normally.

We covered the following places:BhubaneshwarPuriKonarkKolkataPrayagGayaVaranasiKhatmanduAyodhyaAgraDelhiHardwarHrishikeshGourikundKedarBadari

AmritsarVaishnodeviJammuI will soon catch-up with the discussion going on here.Regards,Krishna

Dear Friend,

vrkrishnan

Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja >

Re: Pilgrimage

jyotish-vidyaSaturday, June 13, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Krishna,

namaste,

Sanjay

Guest guest

Dear Krishna,

I am glad you are catching up on u'r sleep. As and when time allows, we

would certainly enjoy hearing more about your sojourn, particularly any

pearls of astology that you may have gathered.

Namaskar,

Sanjay--- On Wed, 7/15/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58Re: Pilgrimagejyotish-vidya Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 5:07 AM

Dear Sanjay,I am pretty tired and still forced to sleep a few hours during the day. The tour was very hectic and during the trip only a couple of days I was able to get my normal sleep of about 7-8 hours. Otherwise, we used to either travel during night or get only 4-5 hours to sleep - had to get ready early either for a river bath and temple visit or catch a bus/train.You are right that Gaya is one of the most important places for Hindus specially for pitru puja. There is a temple of 'Vishnu Paada' where the puja is done and and 'pinda' is offered at the feet of Vishnu and it is believed that your ancestors get moksha that way. I offered the prayers for my late father. The priest was able to speek my local language (you could find a priest speaking any language of your choice) and conducted the puja very well to the satisfaction of our group.And, nearby is Bodhgaya - the place where Gautama is supposed to have got his

enlightenment. That place has a huge tree even today and I was told that it is the 4th generation tree after Buddha got his enlightenment. Also, there is a beautiful Buddha Temple with an attractive Buddha Statue. All this is in a big campus with garden, lawn, and a pond and one could spend some time peacefully here. It is believed that Buddha meditated for weeks in this place after his enlightenment. Also it is believed that lotus appeared at each step Buddha took after his enlightenment. Symbolically, a few stone carved Lotuses can be seen in the pathway near the temple. Nearby, there are 3-4 Buddha temples built by Tibetians, Chinese and Japanese reflecting the respective architectures. All of them are well maintained and worth visiting.Regards,Krishna

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja > wrote:

Dear Krishna,

Its great to have you back after the long pilgrimage. How are you?

about the so called tarpanam or pitru puja that is famously

done there.

regards,

Sanjay

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Krishnamurthy Seetharama <kmurthys58 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

Re: Pilgrimagejyotish-vidyaSunday, July 12, 2009, 10:50 PM

Dear Sanjay, Krishnan and All,Thanks for your kind wishes. With these wishes and God's grace, we are safely back from a month long trip after surviving a very hot northern belt, the peak temperature being in Agra (49 degrees!). It was a very hectic but a very unique experience. We enjoyed this different kind of trip, not used to normally.We covered the following places:BhubaneshwarPuriKonarkKolkataPrayagGayaVaranasiKhatmanduAyodhyaAgraDelhiHardwarHrishikeshGourikundKedarBadariAmritsarVaishnodeviJammuI will soon catch-up with the discussion going on here.Regards,Krishna

Dear Friend,

vrkrishnan

Sanjay Khanduja <skhanduja >Re: Pilgrimage jyotish-vidyaSaturday, June 13, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Krishna,

namaste,

Sanjay