IndiaDivine.org

Transit of planet Earth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Respected Luminaries of astrology, My due regards to all of you. Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment. I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology. Thanking you. Dr. Luther

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Luther Rath! I am quite confused. What do you mean by earth's transit? It is only because of earth's transit that we observe the movement of sun? Isn't it?Please clarify your line of thinking. Regards, Jammalamadugu Rangan Luther Rath <rathluther wrote: Respected Luminaries of astrology, My due regards to all of you. Since this

is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment. I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology. Thanking you. Dr. Luther Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah || Hari Om,

Dear Dr Luther,

I am deeply impressed by your recent postings on group.

Here I may submit.

Earth our mother planet, its transit has never been considered or mentioned in astrological data and prediction.

This is not as understood .Transit of Earth is obvious, is it is considered. Sun is fixed relatively in terms of human life span, it is earth that is spinning and moving around SUN, We are on Earth and are gauzing influences impinging upon us Hence Risi Parashar mentions in BPHS stanza 4-6 of Ch 3.The basic on which jyotish is based. Just ponder the meaning of slokas.

When the Earth transits in these stars there runs a lunar month and the month is named according to the star transited in. Three out of 12 months do not corroborate with the star.

.Lunar Month definition is scientific. as is well known Thithiis are defined by angular distance of moon from Sun by 12 Degree. Prof KSK writes Year based on Chandra manam commences from the Sukla paksha Pratham thithi.of Chaitra month. It is about 354 days. Assumption need reconsideration

3. Astronomical and astrological happenings has separate matrix

with best wishes

OM TATSAT--" Let us meditate on the glorious effulgence of that Divine Being who has created the three worlds.May He Direct our understanding."--

-

Luther Rath

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:47 AM

Transit of planet Earth

Respected Luminaries of astrology,

My due regards to all of you.

Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment.

I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology.

Thanking you.

Dr. Luther

Guest guest

Dear Dr. Luther and Members

The point Dr. Luther has raised appears to be interesting. I am not a

stalwart in Astrology…..just a student. However, based on my little

knowledge, I would like to put forth my views to the respected

members.

1) In astrology, whether it is Vedic or western or any other school

of thought, the longitudinal positions of planets as seen from centre

of Earth (i.e. geocentric positions) are calculated and taken for

further analysis. Because of this the effect of Transit of Earth is

in-built as far as these observations are concerned.

2) The longitudinal distances of Earth on a particular day, as given

by Dr. Luther, are with respect to which fixed point in the Zodiac?

This needs clarification.

3) Lunar months, as the very name suggests, are based on the transit

of the Moon, and not that of Earth. The sages have named the Lunar

months after particular Nakshatra (Star) where the Moon transits on a

Full Moon Day. This can be verified from the ephemeris.

Hope learned members will throw some light on the subject of

discussion.

With regards

Subhash Ektare

, Luther Rath <rathluther wrote:

>

> Respected Luminaries of astrology,

>

> My due regards to all of you.

>

> Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar

astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the

forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment.

>

> I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put

it before you so that I can learn more of astrology.

>

> Thanking you.

>

> Dr. Luther

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Respected Swamiji, With folded hands I would like to wish you ‘Namasthe’ I am very much overjoyed and encouraged to receive your prompt response. I am very much thankful and grateful for your comments on my statements. I do agree and every one does that the Sun is fixed and Earth revolves around it. We do consider the apparent transit of Sun in the zodiac. We predict according to the point of occupation of Sun in the birth chart and Sun’s transit. As the Sun moves the Earth also moves because they are always opposite to each other. In reality the Earth moves through a sign, through a star and a sub at the same rate as the Sun. We conceive that a planet in different signs or houses, and in different stars give different results. So I developed an interest to know what happens when the Earth transits different points in zodiac. I would beg

your blessings and support to go ahead with the research. I do not know whether I can reach to some conclusions. I know least of traditional astrology, which holds the basics of astrology. This is my great weakness. Secondly I do not have a Guru to guide me. Still I hope with your blessings I can so something on the issue. I am very sorry to take a lot of your valuable time. Namasthe Swamiji. Dr. Lutherswami <swami wrote: || Om Gurave

Namah || Hari Om, Dear Dr Luther, I am deeply impressed by your recent postings on group. Here I may submit. Earth our mother planet, its transit has never been considered or mentioned in astrological data and prediction. This is not as understood .Transit of Earth is obvious, is it is considered. Sun is fixed relatively in terms of human life span, it is earth that is spinning and moving around SUN, We are on Earth and are gauzing influences impinging upon us Hence Risi Parashar mentions in BPHS stanza 4-6 of Ch 3.The basic on which jyotish is based. Just ponder the meaning of slokas. When the Earth transits in these stars there runs a lunar month and the month is named according to the star transited in. Three out of 12 months do not corroborate with the star. .Lunar Month definition is scientific. as is well known Thithiis are defined by angular distance of moon from Sun by 12 Degree. Prof KSK writes Year based on Chandra manam commences from the Sukla paksha Pratham thithi.of Chaitra month. It is about 354 days. Assumption need reconsideration 3. Astronomical and astrological happenings has separate matrix with best wishes OM TATSAT--" Let us meditate on the glorious effulgence of that Divine Being who has created the three worlds.May He Direct our understanding."-- - Luther Rath Monday, April 21, 2008 10:47 AM Transit of planet Earth Respected Luminaries of astrology, My due regards to all of you. Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment. I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology. Thanking you. Dr. Luther Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Subhashji, Thank you very much for your interest. Thank you so much for your query and your opinion. I do invite such messages even critics. Your query may be also a query in my mind and it needs to be solved. Your statements will add to my knowledge. Critics will forward the research in right direction. Now let me attempt to reply to your 3 points. Point No. 1: - I fully agree that all of us follow geocentric system whether we practise Vedic/Traditional or KP. I will never disagree that the effect of transit of Earth is in-built as far as our observations are concerned. But: - Will you not like to know where you stand in the zodiac? Don’t you like

you to identify yourself? Suppose you are traveling from Mumbai to Calcutta. You will find different climate, different people, different culture etc. Likewise if you transit from Aries to Pisces in different signs and stars do you not expect to experience different maters, different feelings and various types of incidents? So where is wrong if we try to find out our place in the zodiac? Point No. 2: - The longitudinal distance of Earth is fixed according to the position of Sun in the zodiac. Kindly do not misunderstand me. I am not going to push in at the present the heliocentric system. I will only try to explain you the above relationship between the Sun and Earth. Please take a round wall clock and adjust it to 6 O’clock and stop the watch. You find hour hand towards 6 and the minute hand towards 12. Suppose you put the Sun at the center as it is in the solar system, you stand at the tip of the hour hand and look towards the Sun (at the center) what will be on the back of the Sun? Is it 12? If you stand at 9, 3 will be at the back of the Sun. Thus they are

always just opposite to each other. That means they are at 180 degrees apart. If you find Sun in Gemini you have to be in Sagittarius. If you are to find Sun in Libra you are expected to be in Aries. We find the daily position of Sun in the ephemeris. If it is at 15 degrees Taurus the Earth (we) stand at 15 degrees Scorpio. This is how the transit of the Earth can be determined from the position of the Sun. Point No. 3: - You have mentioned that Lunar months are based on the transit of the Moon. You will definitely agree with me that the Moon makes a cycle of about 28 days.

With in these 28 days there will be one full moon and one new moon day. As you said on full moon day the Moon transits a particular nakshyatra and the month following is named after the nakshyatra. That is true. On a full moon day the Earth remains in between the Sun and Moon in a straight line. That means Earth and Moon remain in the same direction. If Moon transits at 180 degrees to Sun the Earth also does so. If the three come to the same plan there occurs a lunar eclipse. Perhaps it is clear that the Earth remains at 180 degrees to Sun, every moment. When Moon reaches 180 degrees to Sun we see a full moon. So on that day both the Earth and the Moon transit the same sign and same star. It has been determined that a month begins with a full moon because common people can perceive a full moon easily and can know that a new month has

started. Thus you are cent percent correct. I just presented in a different way. Dr. Luther Subhash <subhash_ektare wrote: Dear Dr. Luther and MembersThe point Dr. Luther has raised appears to be interesting. I am not a stalwart in Astrology…..just a student. However, based on my little knowledge, I would like to put forth my views to the respected members.1) In astrology, whether it is Vedic or western or any other school of thought, the longitudinal positions of planets as seen from centre of Earth (i.e. geocentric positions) are calculated and taken for further analysis. Because of this the effect of Transit of Earth is in-built as far as these observations are concerned.2) The

longitudinal distances of Earth on a particular day, as given by Dr. Luther, are with respect to which fixed point in the Zodiac? This needs clarification.3) Lunar months, as the very name suggests, are based on the transit of the Moon, and not that of Earth. The sages have named the Lunar months after particular Nakshatra (Star) where the Moon transits on a Full Moon Day. This can be verified from the ephemeris.Hope learned members will throw some light on the subject of discussion.With regardsSubhash Ektare , Luther Rath <rathluther wrote:>> Respected Luminaries of astrology,> > My due regards to all of you.> > Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for

consideration. Kindly view the attachment.> > I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology.> > Thanking you.> > Dr. Luther> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for questioning me on transit of Earth. We all know that all the planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are revolving around the Sun in different orbits. In the ephemeris we find the transits of all the planets except the Earth. The Earth is revolving around the Sun and it is universally accepted since 17th century. The concept before 15th century was that all planets and Sun as well were going around the Earth. In 15 century

the theory was changes. The change was that Sun is static and Earth moves around it. It took centuries to accept it. The previous one was geocentric system and now it is Heliocentric( Solar system with Sun at the center). We are still following the geocentric system. The Sages, Munis and Rishis, in olden days there for e followed geocentric system. Till now we are following the same. What I wish to say is that when the Earth is going around the Sun like other planets and we know the transit of those planets why not we also know the transit of the Earth. The Earth revolves so it has transit. Earth is not shown in the horoscopes when Earth is the most wanted planet. Indirectly we show the transit of Earth by the apparent transit of Sun. Let us follow the transit of Sun according

to the ephemeris. But at the same time let us try to know where should be the Earth in the horoscope. The Earth always remains opposite to Sun. It means when Sun transits at 0 degree of Aries the Earth shall be at 0 degree in Libra, just 180 degrees. The rate at which the Sun moves towards Taurus the Earth moves at the same rate towards Scorpio. At 0 degree Aries, Sun is in Mars sign, Kethu star and Kethu sub. At the same time Earth transits in Libra, Venus sign, Mars star and Mercury sub. So Venus, Mars and Mercury are expected to influence more on Earth. How do they influence, if at all they do? I hope I am clear now ‘what is transit of Earth’. In next stage we have to ponder ‘what is the importance of it?’ Dr. Lutherjammalamadugu rangan <jammalamadugu_rangan wrote: Dear Sri Luther Rath! I am quite confused. What do you mean by earth's transit? It is only because of earth's transit that we observe the movement of sun? Isn't it?Please clarify your line of thinking. Regards, Jammalamadugu Rangan Luther Rath <rathluther > wrote: Respected Luminaries of astrology, My due regards to all of you. Since this is a forum for understanding and research on stellar astrology founded by KP I wish to put the mater on the table of the forum for consideration. Kindly view the attachment. I shall be very much greatful for your involvement. In fact I put it before you so that I can learn more of astrology. Thanking you. Dr. Luther Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.