Good KP Book Recommendation Sought

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Speaking on behalf of all the KP beginners here, which to some extent

includes me, is there any one book published to-date that captures the

essential points of the KP Astrology system? I am assuming that

people who have an interest in KP Astrology will already have a

grasp of the essentials of Vedic Astrology.

Every book I have seen so far has either been a stream of

consciousness, or has been essentially a thinly-veiled collection of

articles written for some Astrology magazine or other. It would have

been fine were such books clearly and concisely written within their

non-integrated parts, but, in my humble and disappointed experience,

such has not been the case. I have the " Readers " and several other

books, but could never seriously recommend them to people I wished to

interest in the wonders of KP Astrology, meaning no disrespect to Guruji.

I fear for the future of the KP system unless appealing and concise

self-study material is generated. There are one or two reasons why the

KP system is attractive to me, even forgetting about its other great

features (like Ruling Planets). These are a) the firm adoption of one

Ayanamsa systems (or slightly different variants thereof), and b) what

seems like the adoption of the 365 day-based Vimsottari dasa system.

Yet after 30 - 40 years of popularizing this method, the KP systems is

relatively unknown despite the production of over 70 books apparently

which touch on the subject. I have given up purchasing books " on KP "

for now since I cannot stand the inevitable disappointment. Many times

in this fine discussion group I have seen referrals back to one of the

Readers or another KP book in this group, only to find the source

material to be ambiguous.

I do not wish to start a controversy here. I simply seek a

recommendation for a good-quality KP book, if such a thing exists.

Guest guest

Dear Sir, I can realise tour feeling because of many failures in your predictions or confusions while attempting to make one. I agree with you that the books published by KP publications are not complete. The books only initiated learning KP. The books introduce the new concept of stellar astrology and sub theory. KP was mostly angaged in research in his life time and had no time so to say to write a book that would contain all things.Had he done it , it would have been a vast encyclopaedia like. Its perhaps not posible for a single person to do so. It is now the responsibility of his students to complete his work. We have to research on his principles, putforth before the forum for acceptance or approval andprint out additional text books. Swamiji also agrees that still there are some gaps. He advises all to find out these and find solutions. I would advise you not to be disheartened but to continue working with patience. We have to

take help and guidance from members of the forum particularly senior ones. Wish you all the best. Dr. Luthergandalfaragorn <gandalfaragorn wrote: Speaking on behalf of all the KP beginners here, which to some extentincludes me, is there any one book published to-date that captures theessential points of the KP Astrology system? I am assuming thatpeople who have an interest in KP Astrology will already have agrasp of the essentials of Vedic

Astrology. Every book I have seen so far has either been a stream ofconsciousness, or has been essentially a thinly-veiled collection ofarticles written for some Astrology magazine or other. It would havebeen fine were such books clearly and concisely written within theirnon-integrated parts, but, in my humble and disappointed experience,such has not been the case. I have the "Readers" and several otherbooks, but could never seriously recommend them to people I wished tointerest in the wonders of KP Astrology, meaning no disrespect to Guruji. I fear for the future of the KP system unless appealing and conciseself-study material is generated. There are one or two reasons why theKP system is attractive to me, even forgetting about its other greatfeatures (like Ruling Planets). These are a) the firm adoption of oneAyanamsa systems (or slightly different variants thereof), and b) whatseems like the adoption of the

365 day-based Vimsottari dasa system.Yet after 30 - 40 years of popularizing this method, the KP systems isrelatively unknown despite the production of over 70 books apparentlywhich touch on the subject. I have given up purchasing books "on KP"for now since I cannot stand the inevitable disappointment. Many timesin this fine discussion group I have seen referrals back to one of theReaders or another KP book in this group, only to find the sourcematerial to be ambiguous. I do not wish to start a controversy here. I simply seek arecommendation for a good-quality KP book, if such a thing exists.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi All KP beginners like me,I would suggest a book called "Nakshatra Chintamani" By Chandrakant Bhatt.And there is a Marathi translation with same name by Pralhad Shastri Nasik, India.It is kind of short and sweet book to start or to keep as Handbook.But prerequisite is basic knowledge of astrology.For Detail study obviously Read all Six Readers.Regards,Girish From: rathlutherDate: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:10:15 -0700Re: Good KP Book Recommendation Sought

Dear Sir, I can realise tour feeling because of many failures in your predictions or confusions while attempting to make one. I agree with you that the books published by KP publications are not complete. The books only initiated learning KP. The books introduce the new concept of stellar astrology and sub theory. KP was mostly angaged in research in his life time and had no time so to say to write a book that would contain all things.Had he done it , it would have been a vast encyclopaedia like. Its perhaps not posible for a single person to do so. It is now the responsibility of his students to complete his work. We have to research on his principles, putforth before the forum for acceptance or approval andprint out additional text books. Swamiji also agrees that still there are some gaps. He advises all to find out these and find solutions. I would advise you not to be disheartened but to continue working with patience. We have to

take help and guidance from members of the forum particularly senior ones. Wish you all the best. Dr. Luthergandalfaragorn <gandalfaragorn > wrote: Speaking on behalf of all the KP beginners here, which to some extentincludes me, is there any one book published to-date that captures theessential points of the KP Astrology system? I am assuming thatpeople who have an interest in KP Astrology will already have agrasp of the essentials of Vedic

Astrology. Every book I have seen so far has either been a stream ofconsciousness, or has been essentially a thinly-veiled collection ofarticles written for some Astrology magazine or other. It would havebeen fine were such books clearly and concisely written within theirnon-integrated parts, but, in my humble and disappointed experience,such has not been the case. I have the "Readers" and several otherbooks, but could never seriously recommend them to people I wished tointerest in the wonders of KP Astrology, meaning no disrespect to Guruji. I fear for the future of the KP system unless appealing and conciseself-study material is generated. There are one or two reasons why theKP system is attractive to me, even forgetting about its other greatfeatures (like Ruling Planets). These are a) the firm adoption of oneAyanamsa systems (or slightly different variants thereof), and b) whatseems like the adoption of the

365 day-based Vimsottari dasa system.Yet after 30 - 40 years of popularizing this method, the KP systems isrelatively unknown despite the production of over 70 books apparentlywhich touch on the subject. I have given up purchasing books "on KP"for now since I cannot stand the inevitable disappointment. Many timesin this fine discussion group I have seen referrals back to one of theReaders or another KP book in this group, only to find the sourcematerial to be ambiguous. I do not wish to start a controversy here. I simply seek arecommendation for a good-quality KP book, if such a thing exists. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.

Guest guest

I agree with Girish ji that Nakshatra Chintamani is among the best books to start wtih.

Also check my post on KP Astrology books at http://www.astrocamp.com/Vedic Astrology/archives/2004_05_01_archive.html.

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Girish Tryambake <girish.tryambake wrote:

Hi All KP beginners like me,I would suggest a book called " Nakshatra Chintamani " By Chandrakant Bhatt.And there is a Marathi translation with same name by Pralhad Shastri Nasik, India.It is kind of short and sweet book to start or to keep as Handbook.

But prerequisite is basic knowledge of astrology.For Detail study obviously Read all Six Readers.Regards,Girish

Re: Good KP Book Recommendation Sought

Dear Sir,

I can realise tour feeling because of many failures in your predictions or confusions while attempting to make one. I agree with you that the books published by KP publications are not complete. The books only initiated learning KP. The books introduce the new concept of stellar astrology and sub theory. KP was mostly angaged in research in his life time and had no time so to say to write a book that would contain all things.Had he done it , it would have been a vast encyclopaedia like. Its perhaps not posible for a single person to do so. It is now the responsibility of his students to complete his work. We have to research on his principles, putforth before the forum for acceptance or approval andprint out additional text books.

Swamiji also agrees that still there are some gaps. He advises all to find out these and find solutions.

I would advise you not to be disheartened but to continue working with patience. We have to take help and guidance from members of the forum particularly senior ones.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Luthergandalfaragorn <gandalfaragorn wrote:

Speaking on behalf of all the KP beginners here, which to some extentincludes me, is there any one book published to-date that captures theessential points of the KP Astrology system? I am assuming thatpeople who have an interest in KP Astrology will already have a

grasp of the essentials of Vedic Astrology. Every book I have seen so far has either been a stream ofconsciousness, or has been essentially a thinly-veiled collection ofarticles written for some Astrology magazine or other. It would have

been fine were such books clearly and concisely written within theirnon-integrated parts, but, in my humble and disappointed experience,such has not been the case. I have the " Readers " and several other

books, but could never seriously recommend them to people I wished tointerest in the wonders of KP Astrology, meaning no disrespect to Guruji. I fear for the future of the KP system unless appealing and concise

self-study material is generated. There are one or two reasons why theKP system is attractive to me, even forgetting about its other greatfeatures (like Ruling Planets). These are a) the firm adoption of oneAyanamsa systems (or slightly different variants thereof), and b) what

seems like the adoption of the 365 day-based Vimsottari dasa system.Yet after 30 - 40 years of popularizing this method, the KP systems isrelatively unknown despite the production of over 70 books apparentlywhich touch on the subject. I have given up purchasing books " on KP "

for now since I cannot stand the inevitable disappointment. Many timesin this fine discussion group I have seen referrals back to one of theReaders or another KP book in this group, only to find the sourcematerial to be ambiguous.

I do not wish to start a controversy here. I simply seek arecommendation for a good-quality KP book, if such a thing exists.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.