IndiaDivine.org

2-[Fairfield_Community_Kiosk], 2/18.... re. Goals of Jyotish....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friends:

Here's a recent correspondence regarding the goal of Jyotish....

Mark K.

Dear Rory & Sharalyn:

One of the things I like the most about Jyotish is it includes a concept of human nature

that encompasses, many simultaneously, different qualities.

So, we don't want to get rid of Mars, or fieryness. We want to develop unboundedness...

and as a result...at unique times,....flow in terms of our Venus...

and other times...flow in terms of our Mars!

Specifically, it might be helpful to cultivate particular Planets or qualities..because they're the one's that might be lacking or malefic in our charts....

So...cultivating them, seeks to balance those planets and our entire consciousness nature, as a result...

But, no, I don't think cultivating...goodness.... will cultivate badness or suffering somewhere else.

That's not Maharishi's thinking...hehee... And bringing the light.... doesn't happen to fight with darkness. It's just that as lightness is found... darkness is found...not....

So...cultivating wonderful...balance with all the Planets actually produces a complete wholeness which allows us to be silent...and still within...

and wide awake... able to flow in whatever way needs to happen...for maximum gain and growth in life...outside....

take care...all...

Mark Kincaid

ps...roy... I utilize the Ayurvedic technique of eliminating some 'wrong' or imbalanced...mental pattern...by cultivating the more positive one...

Let's say... one has the habit of eating the wrong kinds of food.

In other words, one is even attracted to certain foods that are either harmful, junk food, dead and dieing food, quick, fast food, whatever...

Well, Ayurved says the key is to replace the old pattern...with a more positive one...

And to do that is not hard, only needs direction.

Because, as it turns out...all of life is spontaneously moving towards...more and more...

And we, being made out of bliss, ...find..that it isn't hard to create more bliss and sattva in our lives...

The primary technique of Ayurved is to pay attention. Too watch, and perceive...when we're eating, or desiring... And to cultivate the awareness.... Is this causing me real happiness and bliss? When we pay more attention,

not eat on the run, or read or talk where we end up masking the effects...

but in paying attention...and allowing ourselves...to move towards those things...

that are naturally more blissful!

Sharalyn Harris <sharris

Fairfield_Community_Kiosk

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:31:41 -0600

<Fairfield_Community_Kiosk >

Re: [Fairfield_Community_Kiosk] Re: 2-FFCK & lightchaser, 2/2 re. Vedic life, in Fairfield

Dear Rory,

Its always interesting to hear from you.

I'm like to know more about your understanding of Patanjali's technique you wrote about below. Recently someone who's opinion carries weight for me told me that my cultivating goodness/morality/etc. was creating badness or suffering somewhere in the universe. Intellectually I suppose it is true because everything must balance out, but personally I experience it as undermining healthy values. Any comments on this?

Namaste,

Sharalyn

on 17/02/04 9:08 PM, Rory Goff at rorygoff wrote:

Fairfield_Community_Kiosk , " Rory Goff "

<rorwygoff@h...> wrote:

edzx

>

> This is great, Mark -- in the system I play around with, Venus and

> Mars are opposites -- would You agree with that, and perhaps say

that

> You might have used Patanjali's technique here of erasing a mental

> impression by cultivating its opposite?

Hmm... From your silence, I would guess not ... ?

LLL,

Rory