IndiaDivine.org

Therese/Pisces

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Therese,

Look forward to seeing your full article on Pisces. Its one of my favorite rasis, but, I agree with you...it has a potential darker side - but, then, I think everything has a high and low road. Am constantly defending the poor maligned dustanas! :-) Dr. Frawley has taught that the Pisces/Virgo axis is the most sensitive for emotional/physical health respectively. I've found that to be fairly accurate. Most people I've known with strong Pisces (lagna, Moon or packed house) have had some issues with addiction or depression at some point or another. Most have overcome these issues with time and spiritual help or going into some creative profession, but the tendencies were there. I have also seen what you said about Jupiter figuring prominently in the charts of criminals, often in the 9th house. Didn't Jeffrey Daumer have something like that? Can't remember if it was him or not (try to block those charts from my memory), but I do

remember a class where we discussed Jupiter's less than ideal side....possibly bombastic, arrogant, overly expansive, preachy, etc. But my feeling is that nothing in Jyotish is straightforward, easy...I never see the 9th house as automatically "good". I love the fact that each chart is unique, complex weaving. Oh, God...moon must still be in Pisces the way I am talking! ;-) And, yes, I agree with you...wonderful to find this open and friendly list.

Best wishes,

Annie

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢

Guest guest

I have Sun, Mercury (asc. ruler), and Neptune in Virgo, and yes, I have had some extreme lows in my life. I also tend to be very nervous (Saturn rising in Gem may also have something to do with it) and a worrier. I have also "learned" how to make myself happy, by getting in touch with spirit through nature and simply reminding myself that everything is temporary, including (and especially) this little life on earth.

My daughter has Virgo rising and Sun, Venus, and Jupiter in that sign in her navamsa, and she is also prone to depression. Also Neptune on navamsa asc likely adds to it.

Speaking for myself, the highs are as high as the lows are low. I can feel almost blissful for no particular reason.

I once knew a little boy who had Jupiter, Sun (at 29 degrees) and Rahu all in Pisces in the 9th. His Moon was in 3rd aspected by all those planets and also cnj Ketu. He was one of the most deviously naughty children I've ever known. He was very clever when it came to destructive little acts, and then making himself look completely innocent. At the time I thought it was odd; that someone with such a horoscope should be saintly. Of course the nodes played a role in it too. I would say he'll probably grow up to be a "slick operator". Maybe like Ferris Beuller, if any of you have seen the movie "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".

A strong, unbalanced Jupiter can indicate a lack of conscience and a lot of hubris. That's why many of the texts say that highly developed souls have a balance between Jupiter and Saturn.

Unfortunately, many of the Vedic texts think Saturn can do no right and Jupiter can do no wrong, but not so. Vedic Astr. has so much truth in it, but also needs to be balanced with Western ideas that few things in this world are black or white.

.... Bettina

a ivanovna [ivanovna12]Sunday, April 18, 2004 9:24 AM Subject: Therese/Pisces

Dear Therese,

Look forward to seeing your full article on Pisces. Its one of my favorite rasis, but, I agree with you...it has a potential darker side - but, then, I think everything has a high and low road. Am constantly defending the poor maligned dustanas! :-) Dr. Frawley has taught that the Pisces/Virgo axis is the most sensitive for emotional/physical health respectively. I've found that to be fairly accurate. Most people I've known with strong Pisces (lagna, Moon or packed house) have had some issues with addiction or depression at some point or another. Most have overcome these issues with time and spiritual help or going into some creative profession, but the tendencies were there. I have also seen what you said about Jupiter figuring prominently in the charts of criminals, often in the 9th house. Didn't Jeffrey Daumer have something like that? Can't remember if it was him or not (try to block those charts from my memory), but I do remember a class where we discussed Jupiter's less than ideal side....possibly bombastic, arrogant, overly expansive, preachy, etc. But my feeling is that nothing in Jyotish is straightforward, easy...I never see the 9th house as automatically "good". I love the fact that each chart is unique, complex weaving. Oh, God...moon must still be in Pisces the way I am talking! ;-) And, yes, I agree with you...wonderful to find this open and friendly list.

Best wishes,

Annie

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25"

Guest guest

Dear Bettina,

What you say about the benefits of a good balance between Jupiter and Saturn is excellent. I think Saturn can do a lot of good if we are in tune with it...peace of mind, ability to manifest, connection to the truth, wonderful work ethic, etc. I've never understood why it was so feared. OK..its my lagna lord...I have a vested interest! :-) How nice that your lagna lord is exalted...Neptune with it must certainly be good for your spiritual interests...and nothing better than getting out in nature.

That little boy's chart certainly is intense. Rahu with them...hmm...and Moon with Ketu in the 3rd. Hope his parents steer him toward some sort of spiritual practice. Moon with Ketu can be great for psychic abilities, but certainly can have a less happy side as well.

AnnieBettina <chiria wrote:

I have Sun, Mercury (asc. ruler), and Neptune in Virgo, and yes, I have had some extreme lows in my life. I also tend to be very nervous (Saturn rising in Gem may also have something to do with it) and a worrier. I have also "learned" how to make myself happy, by getting in touch with spirit through nature and simply reminding myself that everything is temporary, including (and especially) this little life on earth.

My daughter has Virgo rising and Sun, Venus, and Jupiter in that sign in her navamsa, and she is also prone to depression. Also Neptune on navamsa asc likely adds to it.

Speaking for myself, the highs are as high as the lows are low. I can feel almost blissful for no particular reason.

I once knew a little boy who had Jupiter, Sun (at 29 degrees) and Rahu all in Pisces in the 9th. His Moon was in 3rd aspected by all those planets and also cnj Ketu. He was one of the most deviously naughty children I've ever known. He was very clever when it came to destructive little acts, and then making himself look completely innocent. At the time I thought it was odd; that someone with such a horoscope should be saintly. Of course the nodes played a role in it too. I would say he'll probably grow up to be a "slick operator". Maybe like Ferris Beuller, if any of you have seen the movie "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".

A strong, unbalanced Jupiter can indicate a lack of conscience and a lot of hubris. That's why many of the texts say that highly developed souls have a balance between Jupiter and Saturn.

Unfortunately, many of the Vedic texts think Saturn can do no right and Jupiter can do no wrong, but not so. Vedic Astr. has so much truth in it, but also needs to be balanced with Western ideas that few things in this world are black or white.

.... Bettina

a ivanovna [ivanovna12]Sunday, April 18, 2004 9:24 AM Subject: Therese/Pisces

Dear Therese,

Look forward to seeing your full article on Pisces. Its one of my favorite rasis, but, I agree with you...it has a potential darker side - but, then, I think everything has a high and low road. Am constantly defending the poor maligned dustanas! :-) Dr. Frawley has taught that the Pisces/Virgo axis is the most sensitive for emotional/physical health respectively. I've found that to be fairly accurate. Most people I've known with strong Pisces (lagna, Moon or packed house) have had some issues with addiction or depression at some point or another. Most have overcome these issues with time and spiritual help or going into some creative profession, but the tendencies were there. I have also seen what you said about Jupiter figuring prominently in the charts of criminals, often in the 9th house. Didn't Jeffrey Daumer have something like that? Can't remember if it was him or not (try to block those charts from my memory), but I do

remember a class where we discussed Jupiter's less than ideal side....possibly bombastic, arrogant, overly expansive, preachy, etc. But my feeling is that nothing in Jyotish is straightforward, easy...I never see the 9th house as automatically "good". I love the fact that each chart is unique, complex weaving. Oh, God...moon must still be in Pisces the way I am talking! ;-) And, yes, I agree with you...wonderful to find this open and friendly list.

Best wishes,

Annie

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25"

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢