IndiaDivine.org

2-Sanjay, Mark K. 5/9...re.... EGO -- Letting Go. & the Sun, in Astrology....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay:

I was so happy to see your contribution today.

And thank you very much for the kind words.

I, also, do want our other members to know about your , which I think of

as a very spiritual look and perspective on Jyotish.

For those of you who haven't checked it out, ....go to:

jyotish_tat_sat

to find Sanjay's site.

I did want to say some things regarding your present discussion about Ego.

See below for more:

" saggarwal_4 " <saggarwal_4

Sun, 09 May 2004 21:40:03 -0000

EGO -- Letting Go.

All:

My association with Mark goes back a number of months from Jyotish

Remedies. It is very nice to see a great atmosphere in this group.

It is indeed a reflection of Mark;s inner consciousness which is

nothing but the consciousness in all of us.

Way to go Mark!!

I would like to make my first posting on this group on the

word " EGO " . EGO is the True Badhaka to Moksha.

Here are some of my views on letting go of our Ego. They come

from within. Please take a minute to read it. Thanks.

There are million and millions of us standing on the shore of the

ocean of Consciousness, trying to hold it in our cups. We keep

looking at each others cups and comparing our cups and having

arguments about our cups. Some of us feel proud because our cup is

bigger than someone else's and some of us feel jealous because we

feel that someone else's cup is bigger than ours.

What we do not REALIZE is that none of our cups contain the vast

ocean of GOD. If we were to throw our cups into the ocean, if we

were to merge our EGOS into the bliss of GOD then we would no longer

be CRYING and WAILING in our seperate EGO-SENSE. We would be one

with that OCEAN.

When we give up OUR EGO, all that is left is GOD.

Sanjay: I really love your poetic, graphic example, of us, standing on the ocean with our little cups.... looking into the vast Cosmic Ocean...

When I think of Ego, I think of the Sun, in Jyotish.

Sun represents 'I', self, and even ego.

I also get this image of the Circle of the Sun, ...... at the deepest level of silence of the Ocean, deep within....

And if you could draw a line at the bottom, in the water would represent the 'Relative' Existence, of Universes, Galaxies, Stars, Solar Systems, human beings... and for us, the deepest part of our 'Relative' Existence, is our Ego's,....'I',....self-identity.

But, if you draw the circle of the Sun and straddle it over the line, 1/2 on the Relative part, the other part....represents the Absolute or non-changeing aspect of life...

And that's the Sun's nature; it both represents the individual 'I', ..and the Cosmic, 'I', and then, all the way to God.... him...or herself!

So, when we take ourselves inward, and transcend through meditation, or even contemplation, and at some point we get to that deep level of inner, 'I',.....

We started on the surface level of thoughts, and associations, which by the way, corresponds quite nicely with the Mercury in our Charts....

And then, as we sank deeper within, we get to our feelings, our emotions, and intuitions, which corresponds very nicely with the Moon in us....

Till, finally we get to our deepest sense of 'I', self, or the Sun inside....

If we go beyond even that, we discover the Absolute, I, the absolute, Self, Absolute, self-awareness, which we can call God, which also is symbolized by the Sun, in Astrology.

This 'I', also has an ego, and we can talk about letting go of the small self, or the small ego, but we can also talk about expanding the small self to the big self or the small self to it's natural vast, and Cosmic Ego.

One of my Guru's favorite expressions is that .... " the ego does not need to be made smaller, or extinguished, or eliminated....but in fact, expanded.... "

" And, as the Self becomes bigger and bigger and bigger, the Ego, also becomes Cosmic, unbounded, and eternal, immortal...

And then, for such a man, (or woman), it would be like the nature of a man, becomes so full within, it's like a tree that becomes so full and heavy due to all it's fruits,....

then,....it's found bowing down, due to it's great abundance " .

My own experience is also something like this.

The greatest inner experiences I've had, from within, were not a shedding or letting go, of the ego, but an expansion of my I, ....

into it's unbelievably, vast and expanded.... Cosmic nature....

In that state I remembered I had been an individual, but I knew I wasn't just that....

Cosmic, in fact, is eternal, and immortal, but on the surface is also relative, and individual.

Though we've had this conversation before, I think it's still a great one to discuss.

For those who have weak or debilitated Sun's in their charts, all kinds of weaknesses, and challenges come to those.... because their inner strength is minimal.

But, for those with great big Exalted Suns, or Suns in Leo....or powerful,....Sun's, in great positions, then....success and even enlightenment are possible.

There is, however, another relationship with the Sun, which is also important to understand, and that's Saturn.

Because there are those who have big Sun's but poor Saturns, so their 'I's' or Self-worth, moves into the arrogant or abusive category.

In truth one needs to be 'straight', or have balance with all the Planets....

Then, one truely lives a protected, blissful, and successful life!

Let us all throw our cups into the vast OCEAN of CONSCIOUSNESS.

And... let us all discover that great 'sameness'....which is our inner Self, or Suns!

and then, live the grace of great individualities, but with the deep awareness of our truely United Self, Cosmic nature!

Jai Guru

Mark Kincaid

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

--Om Tat Sat

[[sanjay Aggarwal]]

jyotish_tat_sat