IndiaDivine.org

Introduction and Therese

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Debra and Therese, Well I must reply to this one; perhaps we all have a Morrigen Goddess within, the shapeshifter who protects her own. She represents 'Mother' as well. That being said, Debra your experience with Meher [Mother] sounds very guided and mystical. I had a relationship in recent years with a man from Southern/Eastern portion of Indian below Tamil...origin there I will add. and his lineage was Dravidian. Interesting history, Dravidians! When I met him I had an instant connection; it couldn't last, unbelievably(7 planets in Aquarius, -a diplomat) he was not mystical nor spiritual, but for a few years that connection was strong. Strange thing is that my daughter met a man from India the same week I met mine, and now I have a grandson who has a good mixture of nationalities, and the wonderful color of tan. I am pure celtic, married a man from Holland and now my grandson is a mixture of it all. Why I add this is because I had a dream on the weekend that I have a strong past-life connection with India, and that does not surprise me. I have always been drawn to the wisdom that comes from India, and studied Eastern Philosophies in University. I am very interested in Jyotish astrology and the connection with gems and crystals is fascinating. What a wonderful way to blend it all. Nature's astrology Mark? Blending of it all. I actually get intensely angry at the dogmatic, closed religions of the western worlds; no offense to anyone meant, just my mindset.

Debra I have a huge library too, and like the turtle carrying my home on my back, those books have travelled with me all of my life almost like the way the turtle carries its shell. I haven't counted them past the last count of several thousand, but I sure hope I can have a home for them some day SOON. My van and I travel all over Canada and move too often but at age 54, I have had my limit!

Speaking of Sanskrit, I finally made some notes on the astrological words and their translation, and now that I have that list it helps to understand what it means. I still have a long way to go with Jyotish but the beginning has begun! Like you, I am a bit scattered I think, learning two or three things at once, so it is disorganized, but eventually comes together!

warm wishes, Morgana

-

dqm51

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:32 PM

Re: Introduction

Hi Therese,Her first name was Meher. She came to this country from India in the early 80"s. She died at the age of 62yrs old.She was raised with the Koran but found value in Vedic astrology.(against her family beliefs and values - her father was in the Indian gov council at one time)She was able to blend the two for me. The book she gave me is titled "Eastern Astrology for the Western Mind" by James BrahaShe encourged me to start with that book and then when I was ready to move on to other books. She said I would find my way in time, when it was right.Today, I have over 300 books in my collection. Eastern, Western, Astronomy, mythology, comparative religion, beginning of civilization history books; from aristole to Indian epic books to modern world culture.I search for the best of the best from no real knowledge. So my collection has some very good authors, and not some. Some who have psychology degrees and or religion degrees and so on.I am still adding to my Eastern collection. Moving on to more sophisticated authors from India and matheticians.I have a lot of knowledge in my library that very well could teach me everything I want to know but, I have not comprehended it all nor do books in general give one all the nuisances of explanation and idiosynchrocities one picks up and uses from contact with others.I am not in the habit of reading any one book from cover to cover. Rather, I have several books going at once as I research different things I am contemplating. Those books i study in-depth I know as familiar when I reread again. Sometimes its too much and I have to take a break for a few weeks or so from everything. However, I go back to my books and I always find something new. I think for me it comes as I unfold in understanding and things start to click. My expanded reading into the other areas I mentioned give me a better sense of understanding people, their motives and where we are today in spirituality vs where we have come from in the past. I find it helps my intergration of understanding the concepts of Vedic principals. I have a few sankrit books with english translations and it is still all greek to me. Something I need to work on So I will call my collection a good reference library. Even if I do have my favorite authors. DeFouw is one, so is Ernst Welhemn(?) another, Charack(?), Frawley, Rath etc., I guess I found myself! , Therese Hamilton <eastwest@s...> wrote:> Hi Debra,> > Since the lady who touched you so dearly has died, would you be willing to> give us her name? Also, like Bettina, I'd like to know the name of the book> she recommended.> > I love the name Morgana, too! Maybe because it rings mythological bells> deep in my subconscious.> > Blessings,> Therese