IndiaDivine.org

RE: Aspects across signs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks, Therese. Now I'll have to try to apply that.

.... Bettina

Therese Hamilton [eastwest]Saturday, May 15, 2004 5:39 PM Subject: Re: Aspects across signsAt 11:05 AM 5/15/04 -0700, Bettina wrote:Dear Mu and Whoever Else Can Answer these Question ... I have a question. Some Vedic astrologers use the "sign as house" methodwhile others use the method of a house being 15 degs on either side of thecusp, and any planet in that 30 deg area is considered to be in that house,even if it's in a different sign from the one on the cusp. Here's an example: a young man has his Sun in 1 deg of Leo. He has 26degs of Cancer rising. Mu (and all), would you consider that to be a firsthouse Sun, or a 2nd house Sun? Or ... a 2nd house Sun which is nonethelesscnj. the asc? Which system works best for you folks out there?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bettina, I use sign-as-house for the yogas, for example if the lord of first is withthe lord of 9th, that is raja yoga. However, if this conjunction happens tobe within 15 degrees of the 8th cusp, then the yoga is weak because it's inthe 8th house. Or else it applies to 8th house affairs. An example of planet changing house is in the chart of ParamahansaYogananda. Y had 6 Leo rising, Jupiter in 24 Pisces. Jupiter is the 8thsign-as-house, but the 9th equal house. For a spiritual guru, Jupiter in9th is a better fit than Jupiter in the 8th. However, Jupiter is strong inits own sign, and *as lord of 5th*, Y had no children. So in consideringplanets as house lords, sign-as-house is important. Taking the planetalone, Jupiter in 9th is a better fit.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >>Another question: do out of sign asps work if they're major asps andvery close? I know that strict Vedic-ists say no, but I'm not convincedthat they're correct. So, if Venus were in, say, 29 degs of Aries andSaturn in 1 deg Taurus, would they influence each other or no?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I discovered something very interesting when I studied a group ofearthquake and quake ingress charts a while ago. (Some of these are postedon / in the files sectionin the Earthquake Charts folder. Very often the critical quake aspectscrossed signs. For example the Sun might be in 29 Leo opposing Uranus at 1Pisces. From this I concluded that aspects **do** have effect across signs,but they may be critical or unstable. The fact that two planets are on signcusps would indicate change or instability. Therese