IndiaDivine.org

2-Rajeev, Mark Kincaid....7/30....re..... Mars or Kuja dosh?.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

Of late i have been studying on the Mangal Dosh for Marriages.

If Mars is placed in 2nd, 7th or 8th from the Moon Sign or Ascendant

(As few other consider it.)

What are the results/indications?

I posted this on this group, as i wanted to have the opinion of

western people.

I very well understand how the eastern, vedic astrology etc etc

intreprets it.

Honestly i admire some of the intrepretations done by western

astrology scholars (without getting influenced by the indian pattern

of reading or intrepreting).

The approach or the way/light in which this is understood in that

part of the world.

I would be thankful if memebers can share thier views.

Thanks

Rajeev

Dear Rajeev:

Looking at the practical examples of people with all the various Jyotish configurations is the best, way to understand the rules and principles of Jyotish.

I have found that people with Mars especially in the lst, 4th, 7th or 12th houses,

where Mars has direct aspects.....is the most difficult for marriage, or relationships.

Mars in the 2nd house, being a house of family, can also be difficult, as well as the 8th house

perhaps because Mars in the 8th,...represents lots of challenges, in general.

One also has to look at every other aspect of a person's chart as well as Mars.

I know individuals who have Mars in the first, and several who have Mars in Virgo in the first....

Their Mars, one of especially strong, 'critical', or Virgo nature, means their Marishness is of that critical nature, reflects upon themselves.... being in the first house,

but also radiates into the 7th House, because each planet is supposed to aspect the opposite house.

I know individuals who have Mars in the 4th house, and because of Mars' supposed 4th house aspect, that quality, is supposed to also negatively effect the marriage house.

Practical experience also shows..... Mars in the 4th, mars the 4th house, home life, which makes a lot of sense, how that would disastrously effect the 7th house as well.

Then, there are those who have Mars directly in the 7th house.

I did a chart, in the past, of a man who had Mars in the 7th, and his 4th wife, was making him come and have his Jyotish, done.

His first reaction was that 'they' or his wives were the real problem.

When I first heard him I heard, blame, which is a classic Mars expression, and when he kept fixating on 'wives' I was pretty sure his Mars must be flareing into the 7th.....

What I told him, was,.... (and he had a really good Venus in it's own Sign, in the 10th house)...

to be as sweet, as appreciative of his 'wife'....as he was able to be at work.

He was well liked, and had very smooth and happy relationships in his work or career house.

He then went home and after 3 weeks called to say: 'my wife now thinks I can't do anything wrong!'

Which was one of my first experiences of realizing that the 'malefics' in our charts, are not just symbolic of our problems.... but are often indicative ....of the very thing we need to do.

Another person said one time,..... a lady, who had Mars in her 12th house,....

when I told her she needed to get control or balance her Mars....

She said: 'but it's my nature to be this way....'....

And I was so surprised by her expression, but it inspired me to say:....

(after a few moments)...

'no,...it's not your nature.....it's..... ah..... your condition to be that way'....

Finally, Mars in the 12th.... is malefic of an especially troublesome, overexpenditure.... fashion..

And because Mars is also supposed to be influencing 8th houses away....

also Kuja dosh....or aspecting the 7th house....

The key though, because I'm heard somewhere near 40% of the population has kuja dosh,...

the real key....to Kuja dosh....

is in learning how to literally, change or transform.... one's out of balance,....or poorly placed Mars.... into a more balanced.... one....

When I first started studying Jyotish.... I heard a really great expression from a famous Vedic Scholar, in India...

He said:.... " don't take your charts seriously like they're written in stone,..... they're just the state of Physiology...at birth.... "

I've thought of this expression a lot over the years....and think it speaks directly to the greatest need, in Jyotish....as in life...

The Planets are not just about....our fates.... they're also about our opportunities....

Mars relates to the 'fate' of one's Mars.... but it's also about the opportunity...to change one's fiery, or pitta nature...

When someone goes to a doctor and gets diagnosed with high blood pressure. ....

Though this may be a Mars disorder.... 'blood'.... high pressure....

The doctor doesn't say, 'oh, nothing can be done'....

In fact, all kinds of prescriptions are suggested.... to literally bring that pressure down....

If we were to go to a Jyotishee, they'd not only see that high blood pressure as an over active Mars element...

but the best kind of Jyotishee, then, would suggest all kinds of Mars remedies.... to bring down that high blood pressure...

Finally, one of the greatest insights that's coming recently into Jyotish, is....the fact...our Planets can be changed....

My own particular insight is that the malefics in our charts, are not just symbolic of our problems, challenges or curses,....

But....

they're also symbolic, exactly of those planets which we're meant to improve,....to grow within, their wisdom....

and as a result of that.... we'll find...those planets have the potential...to become more sattvic, or benefic!.... balanced....and/or..... positive!

hope this helps...

Sincerely,

Mark Kincaid

" Rajeev Tadepalli " <Rajeev.Tadepalli

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:49:55 -0000

Mangal Dosh

Hi All,

Offlate i have been studying on the Mangal Dosh for Marriages.

If Mars is placed in 2nd, 7th or 8th from the Moon Sign or Ascendant

(As few other consider it.) What are the results/indications?

I posted this on this group, as i wanted to have the opinion of

western people.

I very well understand how the eastern, vedic astrology etc etc

intreprets it.

Honestly i admire some of the intrepretations done by western

astrology scholars (without getting influenced by the indian pattern

of reading or intrepreting).

The approach or the way/light in which this is understood in that

part of the world.

I would be thankful if memebers can share thier views.

Thanks

Rajeev