IndiaDivine.org

Thirupati Temple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

New York Court Confirms Hindu Temple’s Board Members Daily Inspiration Tirupati Temple Receives More Visitors Than the Vatican Indian-Origin Executives Head a Dozen Fortune 500 Firms More Recent Articles ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -New York Court Confirms Hindu Temple’s Board Members Source: http://indiapost. com/article/ usnews/3254/NEW YORK, USA, July 13, 2008: In a unanimous decision issued, the New York State Court of Appeals held valid the rules and procedures under which the Hindu Temple Society of North America, Inc. has operated since its formation managing the Ganesh Temple in Flushing, QueensThe decision, is favorable to the Temple’s board of trustees and a forceful rebuke to the six petitioners who had challenged it authority and demanded that trustees be chosen

through elections. The temple’s bylaws were upheld by the court. A Temple spokesperson explains that the Ganesh Temple is incorporated as a “Free Church” under Article 9 of the New York Religious Corporations Law. As a free church, the Temple welcomes the public to worship at its Temple, but is governed by a board of trustees that, according to law, is self-perpetuating. With a self-perpetuating board, the trustees themselves are responsible for filling vacancies with new trustees chosen from the community. A self-perpetuating board, they claim, avoids the tensions and disruptions associated with regular elections and power struggles. • Email to a friend • •Daily Inspiration http://www.hinduism today.com/ hpi/2008/ 7/14.shtml I would love to find that my future army contained a

vast preponderance of women over men. If the fight came, I should then approach it with much greater confidence than if men predominated. I would dread the latter’s violence. Women would be my guarantee against such an outbreak.Mahatma Gandhi • Email to a friend • •Tirupati Temple Receives More Visitors Than the Vatican Source: http://tamilweek. com/news- features/ archives/ 1303SRI LANKA, July 13, 2008: The Tirumala Venkateswara Temple has overtaken the Vatican as world’s most visited place of worship. With more than 60,000 daily visitors and an average of 19 million visitors a year, it attracts almost double the estimated number of people visiting Vatican City. The numbers are so large that every visitor is given a

bar-coded wristband which will indicate the time of his or her ‘dharshan’ — the puja time with the deity.Five hundred thousand people are expected at the annual Brahmotsavam celebrations that began yesterday. The historic and sacred temple of Sri Venkateswara is located on the seventh peak of the Tirupati Hill. The benefits acquired by a pilgrimage to Tirupati Temple, also known as Tirupati Balaji Temple are mentioned in the Rig Veda and Asthadasa Puranas. In these epics, Sri Venkateswara is described as the great bestower of boons.The temple is the most visited Hindu place of worship and is the world’s second richest in terms of the offerings made by pilgrims to God. (passed on to all for

information of their interest)

A.V.Pathi,