IndiaDivine.org

U.S. Constitution Sept 17, 1787: Just the Why & How of 15:28:06

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Constitution Authenticated, But Not Yet Ratified: 39 Historic Signatures: September 17, 1787

U.S. Constitution Passed by authenticating signatures, Sept 17, 1787: 15:28:06. Asc: 07.Capricorn.24; Moon: 16.Scorpio.00, 10 H

According to the Hermetic-astrological time moment determination explained in my previous posting, the 39th and final Constitutional Convention delegate signature was affixed to the document at 15:28:06. According to Catherine Drinker Bowen, author of MIRACLE AT PHILADELPHIA: The Story of the Constitutional Convention, May To September 1787 [1966], the signing ceremony began shortly after 15:00. So let's posit, if say a 15:08:06 start, first signature that of George Washington, then it should be calculated that the elapsed time of the ceremony was precisely 20 minutes, or an elapsed time allowing about 31 seconds per one delegate's signature. In Ms. Bowen's acclaimed-by-authoratative-scholars book, it is stated the approximate time moment of commencement to have been "past three o'clock" [on page 262]. Moreover, in the Author's Note, page 329, Ms Bowen states further that: "Because my book reveals no undiscovered material and attempts no

new interpretation, I have kept scholarly apparatus to a minimum. I include no general bibliography. The source material for this period is known to every student." Among the listed sources, at the very top, is eminent scholar Max Farrand's encyclopedicThe Records of the Federal Convention (4 Volumes), 1931-1937. One last thing, the hand of Rosicrucian Masonry always leaves an astrological print on these momentous occasions in this era of the founding of American political institutions. Present on this occasion were Rosicrucian Mason Benjamin Franklin, the Convention's Godfather and among the other members of the Pennsylvania delegation, George Clymer, founder of the Rosicrucian Order in America. There were other, Templar Masons, present as well, but not many among the 39 delegates. However, the Rosicrucians were ever mindful of the astrology, the cosmic timing of great events. Rosicrucians, practioners of Hermetic philosophy.

Why History Matters: According to Nicholas Campion in The Book of World Horoscopes (Revised 1999, p.423 and footnote #1654), Zipporah Dobyns in 1994 supported a rectification for 16:00. However, according to Constitution authority Max Farrand, on whose research authority Ms. Bowen relied, Dobyns' choice of 16:00 should have placed the final, 39th signature at the time moment of the closing and bolting of the doors of the Convention by then aged Andy McNair [state House doorkeeper and bellringer], all the delegates having already departed for the drink-up at the City Tavern. And as for the AstroDatabank's posted September 17, 1787 "USA" birth chart ["As if"], for the time moment of 11:29, this is apparently based on the patently unjustifiably unhistorical rectification of Ernest Grant and Ralph Kraum, published way back in 1949, 17 years before the benefit of the research results of Ms. Bowen's keen eye for detail on this matter was published,

in 1966. But I wrote "apparently" because for AstroDatabank's birth chart for the Constitution [Rectified @ 11:29] the "source notes" have been undoubtedly written by a cognitively challenged person, who among numerous failings also failed to cite Grant and Kraum, or any other astrologer. Just read it and weep!]

Bowen excerpt: "The moment had come to sign the Constitution. It was now past three o'clock [15:00]. Members ranged themselves according to the geography of states, beginning with New Hampshire and going southward, New Hampshire, Massachusetts ... Connecticut ... New York ... New Jersey ...Pennsylvania ... Delaware, and so down to Georgia. Four men who fiercely opposed the Constitution were absent: Luther Martin, Yates and Lansing of New York, young Mercer of Maryland who had gone home in the middle of August. Nine men who approved were also absent: Elsworth of Connecticut, Strong of Massachusetts, Houstoun and Pierce of Georgia, Governor Martin and Davie of North Carolina, Houston of New Jersey, and McClurg and George Wythe of Virginia. John Dickinson too was absent; he had not been feeling well and had gone home to Wilmington, George Read of Delaware had a letter authorizing him to sign for Dickinson. One man -- old Roger Sherman -- could boast that he had signed as well

the Continental Association of 1774, the Declaration of Independence, and the Articles of Confederation. New York had but a single signer: Alexander Hamilton --- a situation which caused Washington to write that night in his diary: 'Met in Convention, when the Constitution received the unanimous assent of 11 States and Colonel Hamilton's from New York.' Benjamin Franklin was helped forward from his place; afterward it was said the old man wept when he signed. Following Pennsylvania six states remained, they moved slowly to the table." ...During the final half hour of the Convention, before the doors were finally closed at 16:00 .. "Major Jackson, the Secretary, received his instructions to carry the document tomorrow to Congress in New York, engrossed, fully executed and signed. Members would each receive a printed copy." (Pp.262-263)

Bowen excerpt: "On the same day [Monday, September 17, 1787] General Washington finished the entry in his diary. 'The business being closed,' he wrote, 'the members adjourned to the City Tavern, dined together and took a cordial leave of each other; after which I returned to my lodgings, did some business with, and received the papers from the Secretary of the Convention, and retired to meditate on the momentous work which had been executed, after not less than five, and for a large part of the time Six, and sometimes 7 hours sitting every day, [except] Sundays and the ten days adjournment for more than four months'." (p.264)

Catherine Drinker Bowen (1899-1973) Ms. Bowen came from a prominent Philadelphia Quaker family and was a descendant of John Drinker, the first baby boy born in Philadelphia. She was an accomplished violinist, playing with string quartets in Philadelphia and New York. But it was as a writer that she gained her fame. During her lifetime she was awarded numerous literary and civic honors, as well as honorary degrees. She was also the holder of two of the city's top prizes - The Philadelphia Award and the Gimbel Award. At the time of her death in 1973 she was working on a study of Benjamin Franklin. The book was published posthumously in 1974 as: "The Most Dangerous Man in America: Scenes from the Life of Benjamin Franklin."

Ms. Bowen's 'quotable quotes': "In writing biography, fact and fiction shouldn't be mixed. And if they are, the fiction parts should be printed in red ink, the fact parts in black ink." and "I speak truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more, as I've grown older." and "On the Fourth of July, 1826, America celebrated its Jubilee the Fiftieth Anniversary of Independence. John Adams, second President of the United States, died that day, aged ninety, while from Maine to Georgia bells rang and cannon boomed. And on that same day, Thomas Jefferson died before sunset in Virginia. In their dying, in that swift, so aptly celebrated double departure, is something which shakes an American to the heart. It was not their great fame, their long lives or even the record of their work that made these two seem indestructible. It was their faith, their bounding, unquenchable faith in the future, their sure, immortal belief that mankind, if it so desired,

could be free."

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.