IndiaDivine.org

Your question -----Mrs. Madhu Sethi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Madhu,

The number which is asked is related to KP Horary astrology. In birth charts such number is not required.

In Kp each constellation has been divided into 9 subs. Each sub is ruled by a planet. The constellation streatch of 13 deg 20 min is divided unequally into nine divisons. The streatch of each division is proportionate to the vimshortri dasa period alloted to each planet. These sub divisons are alloted a number from 1 to 249. The number 1 corresponds to the first sub which falls in Aries sign and in the star of ketu. This goes on serial wise upto 249 which is in pices and merucy star.

When dealing a querry in the KP horary astrology, quarrant is asked to tell a number. This number will corresponds to a perticular degree and sub. Now when the astrologer will take up the querry only that time is taken and the other house cusps are calculated for the place where astrologer is taking the querry keeping the degree corresponding the number as the rising degree as lagna. The planatary position is taken only for the moment when astrologer is taking the querry for divination.

For birth charts such numbers are not required. Only we take a number from the quarrnat for the birth chart when we need to rectify the birth chart if there is doubt in the birth time or any other doubt related to it.

regards,

Anurodh.

sethimadhu <sethimadhu wrote:

hi anurodh,thanx for the information but right now i can't get the books as i am overseas so when i go back to india will buy them... i tried to make my KP chart at an online site just to see how is it different from vedic astrology chart ,they ask to select a horary number(from 1-2193) and a type(1-249) could you pls elucidate how to select this number...and yes the site i went to is astraura.tripod.commany thanks.Madhu...

Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web