[Fwd: Comments on the Minutes of Naadi Conference, Pune]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

Dr. T. Ganeshan is Senior research Officer of the French Institute,

Pondicherry. He had been officially entrusted the work of census of

all types of palm leaf literature in and around districts of

Pandicherry, including N'pattinam , Thanjavur districts by World Heritage Org of UNO. Dr. T.Ganeshan

resides in Myaladuturai and often passes through V'koil.

Before meeting me, he was not serious about the collection of palm

leaves data from any of the Naadi centers. I happened to meet him in

his office along with one naadi reader from V' koil, after long discussion, he read some matter from one of the leaves we carried with us.

While going through some of the old mails, I happened to read the following

mail. It is self explanatory. I wish some of the Tamil knowing members

and residing near Pondichery, could come up to see that the work of

collection of Naadi leaves is being conducted as per the world heritage

organization. Now i.e. almost in past 2 years he might have developed

some enthusiasm to go into the world of Naadi palm leaves. As per his suggestion can anyone from our forum come froward to present paper in seminar with the help of Naadi readers from any of the Naadi centres?

Dear Shashikant,

I am very happy to receive the Minutes on the Naadi conference held on the 14th October, 2007.

As I was preoccupied with my important research publication I could not participate in the conference.

I express my thanks to you and congratulate you and your friends for organising such a conference on Naadi astrology in the city of Pune.

Really it is an event for me to be proud of as the Tamil manuscripts on Naadi predictions are very much read and sought after in far off Pune !

On the whole the seminar seems to have been well attended and well received by many Naadi enthousiasts in Pune. It is very interesting to note that some persons like Subhash Havre having full faith on the Naadi predictions fights 9 heart attacks ! and how at this age he has shown interest in learning the Modi script (which is not much known and in which script many Maratha documents of the 18th-19th centuries of Thanjavur still exist in the archives of Sarasvati Mahal, Thanjavur).

It is also interesting to note that the seminar has evoked curiosity in the ancient predictions of Maharshis and reinforced faith in the doctrine of karma.

The honouring of Naadi Shastries during the seminar is a good and encouraging event.

I am also happy to inform you that I have started documenting some of the Naadi manuscripts in Vaitheesvarankoil.

Suggestion

I feel it would have been valuable if some of the Naddi astrologers, either locals or from the famous Vaitheesvarankoil, had read some papers and tried to explain the intricacies of this ancient system.

It will be useful for scholars and researchers if papers on the workings and the methods of this sytem are read which, I hope, will be taken up in future seminars.

I once again congratulate you for your strenuous efforts.

With the Best Wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Ganesan

PS: In your mail I do not find the appendices, 'B', 'C' and 'D'.

Dr.T.GanesanChargé de RecherchesFrench Institute11, St. Louis StreetPONDICHERRY-605001INDIA

Tel: +91 - 413 - 233 4168 ext. 123E mail: ganesanWeb: www.ifpindia.org

Dr.T.GanesanChargé de RecherchesFrench Institute11, St. Louis StreetPONDICHERRY-605001INDIA

Tel: +91 - 413 - 233 4168 ext. 123E mail: ganesanWeb: www.ifpindia.orgn. Wing Commander Shashikant Oak. Mo No: 0981901049, Pune. India.

Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get yourname. Sign up now!