Is there something called as Free Will?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey,

I think a question that pops up regularly is that is there something called as

free will? Many people might say yes some might say maybe but my belief is that

if there is something called as Naadi there cannot be freewill. I will put up a

small case study out of my life which might strengthen my opinion.

The story goes back to around 2002. This was the time i was just out of college

and was struck by the smaller recession. (9/11 WTC). So out of desperation i

went and met an astrologer in Delhi. She is the person who is responsible for

building my faith in Astrology. Now she predicted that in the next year i would

be perusing my Post graduation either in a city X in India or a Country Y. Now

very surprisingly for me, the next year I did get admission to exactly 2

universities in the above mentioned cities. Finally due to some circumstances

and some reasoning i choose the Indian city for my Post Graduation.

Then again now in the year 2009, I did visit a Naadi astrologer. Now his leaves

suggested that i would have completed my PG from India and would be working in

the computers field.

Now my questions to the supporters of free will

1) Where is the free will? What i thought in 2003 to be a decision taken by my

free will actually happened to be a event already written for me.

2) Assuming I had decided to Go to the Country Y, I think this question doesn't

even make sense. does it? I mean such a decision can transform your entire life.

Does the Naadi leaves have the power to cater to such drastic Free will

decisions. I mean to say my career path, my domain everything would have been

different. I am just talking about the career related angle here. I am quite

sure my personal life would also have been very different had i thought

otherwise.

3) And as somebody has written below what about the ripple effect caused by the

so called free-will decisions taken by others.

I think that's where i end.

This has been a long mail. For all those who have reached till here thanks for

reading patiently. Do take some time to reply back.

Thanks and Regards

Guest guest

Hi Taintedblue,

I myself is facing this issue of free will for a long time. I have discussed this issue with many learned people.

I am still struggling to get a convincing reply.

Now I feel there are some things which will remain uncertain and cannot be fully solved.

My View:

I believe in GOD. I feel GOD would have given us some free will at some points in life. We can excercise the free will only at some points in life and most of our life is already defined .

I cannot imagine that there is absolutely no free will otherwise we will be just characters in a play and GOD will not be The GOD but a mere powerfull spectator enjoying the play (enjoying the travesties & sufferings of human life).

These are difficult concepts to think or understand and everyone would have their own view. But you should find solace that you are not the only one.

There are many like us who are thinking on those lines. I feel fortunate that God has given us that power.

--harshit 

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:05 AM, taintedblue84 <taintedblue84 wrote:

Hey,I think a question that pops up regularly is that is there something called as free will? Many people might say yes some might say maybe but my belief is that if there is something called as Naadi there cannot be freewill. I will put up a small case study out of my life which might strengthen my opinion.

The story goes back to around 2002. This was the time i was just out of college and was struck by the smaller recession. (9/11 WTC). So out of desperation i went and met an astrologer in Delhi. She is the person who is responsible for building my faith in Astrology. Now she predicted that in the next year i would be perusing my Post graduation either in a city X in India or a Country Y. Now very surprisingly for me, the next year I did get admission to exactly 2 universities in the above mentioned cities. Finally due to some circumstances and some reasoning i choose the Indian city for my Post Graduation.

Then again now in the year 2009, I did visit a Naadi astrologer. Now his leaves suggested that i would have completed my PG from India and would be working in the computers field. Now my questions to the supporters of free will

1) Where is the free will? What i thought in 2003 to be a decision taken by my free will actually happened to be a event already written for me.2) Assuming I had decided to Go to the Country Y, I think this question doesn't even make sense. does it? I mean such a decision can transform your entire life. Does the Naadi leaves have the power to cater to such drastic Free will decisions. I mean to say my career path, my domain everything would have been different. I am just talking about the career related angle here. I am quite sure my personal life would also have been very different had i thought otherwise.

3) And as somebody has written below what about the ripple effect caused by the so called free-will decisions taken by others. I think that's where i end. This has been a long mail. For all those who have reached till here thanks for reading patiently. Do take some time to reply back.

Thanks and Regards

-- -- Harshit Bapna