IndiaDivine.org

Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

!Om Gurave Namah! Dear Gurus, Namaskar! I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion. And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married? Any pointers are appreciated. Warm Regards, Pranav

Guest guest

Om Namah ShivayI hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:Monday: Moon: ShriKrishnaTuesday: Mars: Narsimha Wed: Mercury: BuddhaThursday: Guru: VaamanaFriday: Venus: ParshuramaSaturday: Saturn: KoormaSunday: Sun: SriRamThe above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10 Mahavidyas.Which brings me to my question:If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come across Parshurama mantras.PeaceCharu , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51 wrote:>> !Om Gurave Namah!> > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married?> > Any pointers are appreciated.> > Warm Regards,> Pranav>

Guest guest

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Charu,

For Shukra, Vishnu avtar is worshipped in the name of Hrishikeshaya and not Parshurama. This was the name he was known by afterwards.

Regards

Sharat

-

charu2250

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:28 PM

[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

Om Namah ShivayI hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:Monday: Moon: ShriKrishnaTuesday: Mars: Narsimha Wed: Mercury: BuddhaThursday: Guru: VaamanaFriday: Venus: ParshuramaSaturday: Saturn: KoormaSunday: Sun: SriRamThe above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10 Mahavidyas.Which brings me to my question:If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come across Parshurama mantras.PeaceCharu , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51 wrote:>> !Om Gurave Namah!> > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married?> > Any pointers are appreciated.> > Warm Regards,> Pranav>

Guest guest

[ Hare Rama Krsna ]Dear Charu,Om Namo RishikeshayaParasurama spent his final days in Rishikesh meditating so this is what we worship. A fine explanation is given in the following link (#10)- http://shrifreedom.com/VyasaSJC/OpeningLecture.htmRespectfully,Michal[ Om Namo Narayanaya ]charu2250 <charu2250 Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:28:07 AM[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

Om Namah ShivayI hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:Monday: Moon: ShriKrishnaTuesday: Mars: Narsimha Wed: Mercury: BuddhaThursday: Guru: VaamanaFriday: Venus: ParshuramaSaturday: Saturn: KoormaSunday: Sun: SriRamThe above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10 Mahavidyas.Which brings me to my question:If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come across Parshurama mantras.PeaceCharu@

. com, Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:>> !Om Gurave Namah!> > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married?> > Any pointers are appreciated.> > Warm Regards,> Pranav>

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

!Om Gurave Namah! Dear Charu, Namaskar! Thank you for the email! A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends 'Vishnu'. Warm Regards, Pranavcharu2250 <charu2250 wrote: Om Namah ShivayI hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the strongest planet

cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:Monday: Moon: ShriKrishnaTuesday: Mars: Narsimha Wed: Mercury: BuddhaThursday: Guru: VaamanaFriday: Venus: ParshuramaSaturday: Saturn: KoormaSunday: Sun: SriRamThe above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10 Mahavidyas.Which brings me to my question:If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come across Parshurama mantras.PeaceCharu , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51 wrote:>> !Om Gurave Namah!> > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting

for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married?> > Any pointers are appreciated.> > Warm Regards,> Pranav>

Guest guest

hare rama krsna

Dear Pranav & Charu

Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.

Shukra - Hrsikesaya

Sani - Akuparaya

Rahu - Venkateshaya

Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya

Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya

Guru- Trivikramaya

Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param padam)

Regards,

Rafal Gendarz

SJC Guru

www.rohinaa.com

(+48) 503 44 18 18

Pranav Gupta napisał(a):

!Om Gurave Namah!

Dear Charu, Namaskar!

Thank you for the email!

A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

recommends 'Vishnu'.

Warm Regards,

Pranav

charu2250 <charu2250 > wrote:

Om Namah Shivay

I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be

worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the

strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then

the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha

mantra would be given as below:

Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

Wed: Mercury: Buddha

Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

Friday: Venus: Parshurama

Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

Sunday: Sun: SriRam

The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10

Mahavidyas.

Which brings me to my question:

If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is

Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is

the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come

across Parshurama mantras.

Peace

Charu

, Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@

....> wrote:

>

> !Om Gurave Namah!

>

> Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

>

> I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better

marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to

determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.

>

> Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to

worship on the day of fast?

>

> I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das

Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata

should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a

Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.

>

> And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is

seeking to get married?

>

> Any pointers are appreciated.

>

> Warm Regards,

> Pranav

>

Guest guest

|OM GURAVE NAMAH|

Dear Pranav,

Also, I have learnt that for a better marriage one should fast on

the UL day and end the fast by praying to the devata of the second

from UL.

For example for a woman Ge UL. Fast on wednesday and end the fast

with prayer to Sri Krishna (Cn/Mo).

For the man Ar UL, fast on tuesday and end the fast with Kamalatmike

worship (Ta/Ve).

Gurujis please comment.

Regards

Supriti

, Pranav Gupta

<sushmagupta51 wrote:

>

> !Om Gurave Namah!

> Dear Charu, Namaskar!

>

> Thank you for the email!

>

> A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

recommends 'Vishnu'.

>

> Warm Regards,

> Pranav

>

> charu2250 <charu2250 wrote:

> Om Namah Shivay

>

> I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be

worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance

the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet

there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore

the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

>

> Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

> Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

> Wed: Mercury: Buddha

> Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

> Friday: Venus: Parshurama

> Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

> Sunday: Sun: SriRam

>

> The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10

Mahavidyas.

>

> Which brings me to my question:

> If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is

the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never

come across Parshurama mantras.

>

> Peace

> Charu

>

> , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@>

wrote:

> >

> > !Om Gurave Namah!

> >

> > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

> >

> > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better

> >

> > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity

to worship on the day of fast?

> >

> > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das

> >

> > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is

seeking to get married?

> >

> > Any pointers are appreciated.

> >

> > Warm Regards,

> > Pranav

> >

>

Guest guest

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Supriti,

2nd Lord from UL is the sustainer of marriage and thus its worship is advised for sustenance. UL is the maya of the spouse, so its worship( planet within or if no planet then its lord) makes the spouse appear in your life. So one fasts on the day of UL and worships its deity to get married . Before marriage, there isnt any point in worshipping the sustainer( 2nd from UL).

When married if you donate regularly a part of your earnings on the day of the UL it is said to help in making the marriage more strong.

This is what I have learned, please do correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Sharat

-

supriti108

Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:44 PM

[Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

|OM GURAVE NAMAH|Dear Pranav,Also, I have learnt that for a better marriage one should fast on the UL day and end the fast by praying to the devata of the second from UL.For example for a woman Ge UL. Fast on wednesday and end the fast with prayer to Sri Krishna (Cn/Mo).For the man Ar UL, fast on tuesday and end the fast with Kamalatmike worship (Ta/Ve).Gurujis please comment.RegardsSupriti , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51 wrote:>> !Om Gurave Namah!> Dear Charu, Namaskar!> > Thank you for the email! > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends 'Vishnu'. > > Warm Regards,> Pranav> > charu2250 <charu2250 wrote:> Om Namah Shivay> > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:> > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna> Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha > Wed: Mercury: Buddha> Thursday: Guru: Vaamana> Friday: Venus: Parshurama> Saturday: Saturn: Koorma> Sunday: Sun: SriRam> > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10 Mahavidyas.> > Which brings me to my question:> If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come across Parshurama mantras.> > Peace> Charu> > , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@> wrote:> >> > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day. > > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity to worship on the day of fast? > > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is seeking to get married?> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.> > > > Warm Regards,> > Pranav> >>

Guest guest

why do you want to activate 2nd from UL... while I dont know what SJC says, the paramparas does not speak of this In fact, some oldsters advise us that it is 2nd from UL which is responsible for the divorce or seperation etc. kindly quote references , if any. Kishore patnaik On 4/26/07, supriti108 <supriti108

> wrote:

|OM GURAVE NAMAH|

Dear Pranav,

Also, I have learnt that for a better marriage one should fast on

the UL day and end the fast by praying to the devata of the second

from UL.

For example for a woman Ge UL. Fast on wednesday and end the fast

with prayer to Sri Krishna (Cn/Mo).

For the man Ar UL, fast on tuesday and end the fast with Kamalatmike

worship (Ta/Ve).

Gurujis please comment.

Regards

Supriti

, Pranav Gupta

<sushmagupta51 wrote:

>

> !Om Gurave Namah!

> Dear Charu, Namaskar!

>

> Thank you for the email!

>

> A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

recommends 'Vishnu'.

>

> Warm Regards,

> Pranav

>

> charu2250 <charu2250 wrote:

> Om Namah Shivay

>

worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance

the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet

there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore

the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

>

>

Mahavidyas.

>

the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never

come across Parshurama mantras.

>

> Peace

> Charu

>

> , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@>

wrote:

> >

> > !Om Gurave Namah!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

seeking to get married?

> >

> >

> > Warm Regards,

> > Pranav

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Rafalji,

Thank you for this list. I was not aware that the names used for

Ishtadevata were this! Mars I presume would be Narsimha?

Also if in the case of ista devata, there is no planet in 12th from

karkamsa, then do you look at the strongest graha dristi on 12th from

karkamsa first or the lord of 12th from karkamsa?

For eg. pisces karkamsa with moon, 12th from that is Aquarous with no

planet in it, but it has graha dristi from mars(dristi from 8 places

away) and rahu (dristi from 9 places away. Mars has the longer

longitude. Would the ista devata be Akuparaya or Narsimha?

peace

Charu

, Rafal Gendarz <starsuponme

wrote:

>

> *hare rama krsna*

>

> Dear Pranav & Charu

>

> Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.

>

> Shukra - Hrsikesaya

> Sani - Akuparaya

> Rahu - Venkateshaya

> Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya

> Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya

> Guru- Trivikramaya

>

> Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param padam)

>

> Regards,

> Rafal Gendarz

> SJC Guru

> www.rohinaa.com

> (+48) 503 44 18 18

>

> Pranav Gupta napisa?(a):

> > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > Dear Charu, Namaskar!

> >

> > Thank you for the email!

> >

> > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends

> > 'Vishnu'.

> >

> > Warm Regards,

> > Pranav

> >

> > */charu2250 <charu2250 >/* wrote:

> >

> > Om Namah Shivay

> >

> > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be

> > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance

> > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet

> > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.

> > Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

> >

> > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

> > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

> > Wed: Mercury: Buddha

> > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

> > Friday: Venus: Parshurama

> > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

> > Sunday: Sun: SriRam

> >

> > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10

> > Mahavidyas.

> >

> > Which brings me to my question:

> > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is

> > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what

> > is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have

> > never come across Parshurama mantras.

> >

> > Peace

> > Charu

> >

> > , Pranav Gupta

> > <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:

> > >

> > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > >

> > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

> > >

> > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better

> > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to

> > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.

> > >

> > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity

> > to worship on the day of fast?

> > >

> > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das

> > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi

> > devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not

> > a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.

> > >

> > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is

> > seeking to get married?

> > >

> > > Any pointers are appreciated.

> > >

> > > Warm Regards,

> > > Pranav

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Om Namah Shivay

Dear Michal and Sharat

Thank you for the explanations re Parshurama and Rishikeshya mantra.

And also for that link to Freedom's website and SJC Vyas opening lecture!

Peace

Charu

, Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal

wrote:

>

> [ Hare Rama Krsna ]

>

> Dear Charu,

>

> Om Namo Rishikeshaya

>

> Parasurama spent his final days in Rishikesh meditating so this is

what we worship. A fine explanation is given in the following link

(#10)-

>

>

> http://shrifreedom.com/VyasaSJC/OpeningLecture.htm

>

>

>

> Respectfully,

>

> Michal

>

>

> [ Om Namo Narayanaya ]

>

>

> charu2250 <charu2250

>

> Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:28:07 AM

> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Om Namah Shivay

>

worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance the

strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet there,

then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in. Therefore the

prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

>

>

Mahavidyas.

>

the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never come

across Parshurama mantras.

>

> Peace

> Charu

>

> , Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@

....> wrote:

> >

> > !Om Gurave Namah!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

seeking to get married?

> >

> >

> > Warm Regards,

> > Pranav

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

<!--

>

> #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean,

sans-serif;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica,

clean, sans-serif;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}

> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}

> #ygrp-text{

> font-family:Georgia;

> }

> #ygrp-text p{

> margin:0 0 1em 0;}

> #ygrp-tpmsgs{

> font-family:Arial;

> clear:both;}

> #ygrp-vitnav{

> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}

> #ygrp-vitnav a{

> padding:0 1px;}

> #ygrp-actbar{

> clear:both;margin:25px

0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}

> #ygrp-actbar .left{

> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}

> .bld{font-weight:bold;}

> #ygrp-grft{

> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}

> #ygrp-ft{

> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;

> padding:5px 0;

> }

> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

> padding-bottom:10px;}

>

> #ygrp-vital{

> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

> #ygrp-vital #vithd{

>

font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:upp\

ercase;}

> #ygrp-vital ul{

> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}

> #ygrp-vital ul li{

> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;

> }

> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

>

font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-ri\

ght:.5em;}

> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

> font-weight:bold;}

> #ygrp-vital a {

> text-decoration:none;}

>

> #ygrp-vital a:hover{

> text-decoration:underline;}

>

> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

> color:#999;font-size:77%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}

> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {

> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

> padding:8px 0;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

>

font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%\

;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

> text-decoration:none;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

> text-decoration:underline;}

> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{

> margin:0;}

> o {font-size:0;}

> .MsoNormal {

> margin:0 0 0 0;}

> #ygrp-text tt{

> font-size:120%;}

> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}

> .replbq {margin:4;}

> -->

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

|OM GURAVE NAMAH|

Dear Sharat,

I have learnt the same thing. I misinterpreted the posting as UL

fasting for better marital relationship (if already married).

Regards

Supriti

, " Sharat " <gidoc wrote:

>

> ||Namah Shivaya||

> Dear Supriti,

> 2nd Lord from UL is the sustainer of marriage and thus its worship

is advised for sustenance. UL is the maya of the spouse, so its

worship( planet within or if no planet then its lord) makes the

spouse appear in your life. So one fasts on the day of UL and

worships its deity to get married . Before marriage, there isnt any

point in worshipping the sustainer( 2nd from UL).

> When married if you donate regularly a part of your earnings on

the day of the UL it is said to help in making the marriage more

strong.

> This is what I have learned, please do correct me if I am wrong.

> Regards

> Sharat

>

> -

> supriti108

>

> Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:44 PM

> [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to

worship?

>

>

> |OM GURAVE NAMAH|

> Dear Pranav,

>

> Also, I have learnt that for a better marriage one should fast

on

> the UL day and end the fast by praying to the devata of the

second

> from UL.

>

> For example for a woman Ge UL. Fast on wednesday and end the

fast

> with prayer to Sri Krishna (Cn/Mo).

>

> For the man Ar UL, fast on tuesday and end the fast with

Kamalatmike

> worship (Ta/Ve).

>

> Gurujis please comment.

>

> Regards

> Supriti

>

> , Pranav Gupta

> <sushmagupta51@> wrote:

> >

> > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > Dear Charu, Namaskar!

> >

> > Thank you for the email!

> >

> > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

> recommends 'Vishnu'.

> >

> > Warm Regards,

> > Pranav

> >

> > charu2250 <charu2250@> wrote:

> > Om Namah Shivay

> >

> > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara

to be

> worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first

instance

> the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet

> there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.

Therefore

> the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

> >

> > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

> > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

> > Wed: Mercury: Buddha

> > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

> > Friday: Venus: Parshurama

> > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

> > Sunday: Sun: SriRam

> >

> > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10

> Mahavidyas.

> >

> > Which brings me to my question:

> > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is

> Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So

what is

> the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have

never

> come across Parshurama mantras.

> >

> > Peace

> > Charu

> >

> > , Pranav Gupta

<sushmagupta51@>

> wrote:

> > >

> > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > >

> > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

> > >

> > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better

> marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how

to

> determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.

> > >

> > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the

devata/deity

> to worship on the day of fast?

> > >

> > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and

Parvati/Das

> Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi

devata

> should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a

> Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.

> > >

> > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one

is

> seeking to get married?

> > >

> > > Any pointers are appreciated.

> > >

> > > Warm Regards,

> > > Pranav

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

|OM GURAVE NAMAH|

Dear Kishore ji,

I have learnt it here in SJC as Sharat mentioned. I think the

intent is not to activate the 2nd from UL but to ask for protection

of marriage. Please comment on my understanding.

Regards

Supriti

, " kishore patnaik "

<kishorepatnaik 09 wrote:

>

> why do you want to activate 2nd from UL... while I dont know what

SJC says,

> the paramparas does not speak of this In fact, some oldsters

advise us that

> it is 2nd from UL which is responsible for the divorce or

seperation etc.

>

> kindly quote references , if any.

>

> Kishore patnaik

>

> On 4/26/07, supriti108 <supriti108 wrote:

> >

> > |OM GURAVE NAMAH|

> > Dear Pranav,

> >

> > Also, I have learnt that for a better marriage one should fast on

> > the UL day and end the fast by praying to the devata of the

second

> > from UL.

> >

> > For example for a woman Ge UL. Fast on wednesday and end the fast

> > with prayer to Sri Krishna (Cn/Mo).

> >

> > For the man Ar UL, fast on tuesday and end the fast with

Kamalatmike

> > worship (Ta/Ve).

> >

> > Gurujis please comment.

> >

> > Regards

> > Supriti

> >

> > <%

40>,

> > Pranav Gupta

> > <sushmagupta51@> wrote:

> > >

> > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > > Dear Charu, Namaskar!

> > >

> > > Thank you for the email!

> > >

> > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

> > recommends 'Vishnu'.

> > >

> > > Warm Regards,

> > > Pranav

> > >

> > > charu2250 <charu2250@> wrote:

> > > Om Namah Shivay

> > >

> > > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara

to be

> > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first

instance

> > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet

> > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.

Therefore

> > the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

> > >

> > > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

> > > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

> > > Wed: Mercury: Buddha

> > > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

> > > Friday: Venus: Parshurama

> > > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

> > > Sunday: Sun: SriRam

> > >

> > > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10

> > Mahavidyas.

> > >

> > > Which brings me to my question:

> > > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is

> > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So

what is

> > the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have never

> > come across Parshurama mantras.

> > >

> > > Peace

> > > Charu

> > >

> > > <%

40>,

> > Pranav Gupta <sushmagupta51@>

> > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > > >

> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

> > > >

> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better

> > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how

to

> > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.

> > > >

> > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the

devata/deity

> > to worship on the day of fast?

> > > >

> > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and

Parvati/Das

> > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi

devata

> > should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not a

> > Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.

> > > >

> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is

> > seeking to get married?

> > > >

> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.

> > > >

> > > > Warm Regards,

> > > > Pranav

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Charu,

I know you asked Rafal but hope this can help meanwhile:

> Also if in the case of ista devata, there is no planet in 12th from> karkamsa, then do you look at the strongest graha dristi on 12th from> karkamsa first or the lord of 12th from karkamsa?

** The rule doesnt change: First, planet in the sign, Second Lord of the sign and then drishti. For Ishta configuration, drishti can show a devta which can lead you to your Ishta. However Lord of the sign will denote the real form.> > For eg. pisces karkamsa with moon, 12th from that is Aquarous with no> planet in it, but it has graha dristi from mars(dristi from 8 places> away) and rahu (dristi from 9 places away. Mars has the longer> longitude. Would the ista devata be Akuparaya or Narsimha?>

** You have to take the Lords first- Saturn and Rahu, see which is stronger( in Rasi and Navamsa) and then find the respective Ishta. The drishti can modify this. So if Rahu is stronger, perhaps Ishta maybe Venkateshwar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharat> > peace> Charu> > , Rafal Gendarz starsuponme@> wrote:> >> > *hare rama krsna*> > > > Dear Pranav & Charu> > > > Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.> > > > Shukra - Hrsikesaya> > Sani - Akuparaya> > Rahu - Venkateshaya> > Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya> > Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya> > Guru- Trivikramaya> > > > Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param padam)> > > > Regards,> > Rafal Gendarz> > SJC Guru> > www.rohinaa.com> > (+48) 503 44 18 18> > > > Pranav Gupta napisa?(a):> > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > Dear Charu, Namaskar!> > > > > > Thank you for the email!> > > > > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends > > > 'Vishnu'.> > > > > > Warm Regards,> > > Pranav> > >> > > */charu2250 charu2250 >/* wrote:> > >> > > Om Namah Shivay> > >> > > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be> > > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance> > > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet> > > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.> > > Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:> > >> > > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna> > > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha > > > Wed: Mercury: Buddha> > > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana> > > Friday: Venus: Parshurama> > > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma> > > Sunday: Sun: SriRam> > >> > > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10> > > Mahavidyas.> > >> > > Which brings me to my question:> > > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is> > > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what> > > is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have> > > never come across Parshurama mantras.> > >> > > Peace> > > Charu> > >> > > , Pranav Gupta> > > <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:> > > >> > > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > >> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > > >> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better> > > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to> > > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.> > > >> > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity> > > to worship on the day of fast?> > > >> > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das> > > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi> > > devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not> > > a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > > >> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is> > > seeking to get married?> > > >> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.> > > >> > > > Warm Regards,> > > > Pranav> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Charu,

Apologies but I forgot to point out that we do not use griha drishti here but only rasi drishti, as the dieties arent seen from planetary bodies.

Also as I said drishti only point out the direction towards the deity but not the actual one.

Regards

Sharat

, "charu2250" <charu2250 wrote:>> Dear Rafalji,> > Thank you for this list. I was not aware that the names used for> Ishtadevata were this! Mars I presume would be Narsimha?> > Also if in the case of ista devata, there is no planet in 12th from> karkamsa, then do you look at the strongest graha dristi on 12th from> karkamsa first or the lord of 12th from karkamsa?> > For eg. pisces karkamsa with moon, 12th from that is Aquarous with no> planet in it, but it has graha dristi from mars(dristi from 8 places> away) and rahu (dristi from 9 places away. Mars has the longer> longitude. Would the ista devata be Akuparaya or Narsimha?> > > peace> Charu> > , Rafal Gendarz starsuponme@> wrote:> >> > *hare rama krsna*> > > > Dear Pranav & Charu> > > > Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.> > > > Shukra - Hrsikesaya> > Sani - Akuparaya> > Rahu - Venkateshaya> > Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya> > Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya> > Guru- Trivikramaya> > > > Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param padam)> > > > Regards,> > Rafal Gendarz> > SJC Guru> > www.rohinaa.com> > (+48) 503 44 18 18> > > > Pranav Gupta napisa?(a):> > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > Dear Charu, Namaskar!> > > > > > Thank you for the email!> > > > > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends > > > 'Vishnu'.> > > > > > Warm Regards,> > > Pranav> > >> > > */charu2250 charu2250 >/* wrote:> > >> > > Om Namah Shivay> > >> > > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be> > > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance> > > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet> > > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.> > > Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:> > >> > > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna> > > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha > > > Wed: Mercury: Buddha> > > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana> > > Friday: Venus: Parshurama> > > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma> > > Sunday: Sun: SriRam> > >> > > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10> > > Mahavidyas.> > >> > > Which brings me to my question:> > > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is> > > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what> > > is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have> > > never come across Parshurama mantras.> > >> > > Peace> > > Charu> > >> > > , Pranav Gupta> > > <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:> > > >> > > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > >> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > > >> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better> > > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to> > > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.> > > >> > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity> > > to worship on the day of fast?> > > >> > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das> > > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi> > > devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not> > > a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > > >> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is> > > seeking to get married?> > > >> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.> > > >> > > > Warm Regards,> > > > Pranav> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

हरे राम कृष्ण॥

Dear Sharat and Rafal, Namaskar

Very good answers all round. Your understanding of the subject is quite

clear, keep it up.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen - SJC Guru

Jaimini SJC - Denmark

email: visti

For consultations, free mp3's and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

Sharat wrote:

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Charu,

Apologies but I forgot to point out that we

do not use griha drishti here but only rasi drishti, as the dieties

arent seen from planetary bodies.

Also as I said drishti only point out the

direction towards the deity but not the actual one.

Regards

Sharat

, "charu2250"

<charu2250 wrote:

>

> Dear Rafalji,

>

> Thank you for this list. I was not aware that the names used for

> Ishtadevata were this! Mars I presume would be Narsimha?

>

> Also if in the case of ista devata, there is no planet in 12th from

> karkamsa, then do you look at the strongest graha dristi on 12th

from

> karkamsa first or the lord of 12th from karkamsa?

>

> For eg. pisces karkamsa with moon, 12th from that is Aquarous with

no

> planet in it, but it has graha dristi from mars(dristi from 8

places

> away) and rahu (dristi from 9 places away. Mars has the longer

> longitude. Would the ista devata be Akuparaya or Narsimha?

>

>

> peace

> Charu

>

> , Rafal Gendarz

starsuponme@

> wrote:

> >

> > *hare rama krsna*

> >

> > Dear Pranav & Charu

> >

> > Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.

> >

> > Shukra - Hrsikesaya

> > Sani - Akuparaya

> > Rahu - Venkateshaya

> > Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya

> > Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya

> > Guru- Trivikramaya

> >

> > Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param

padam)

> >

> > Regards,

> > Rafal Gendarz

> > SJC Guru

> > www.rohinaa.com

> > (+48) 503 44 18 18

> >

> > Pranav Gupta napisa?(a):

> > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > > Dear Charu, Namaskar!

> > >

> > > Thank you for the email!

> > >

> > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara

recommends

> > > 'Vishnu'.

> > >

> > > Warm Regards,

> > > Pranav

> > >

> > > */charu2250 charu2250 >/* wrote:

> > >

> > > Om Namah Shivay

> > >

> > > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu

> > > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the

first instance

> > > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no

planet

> > > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is

in.

> > > Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:

> > >

> > > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna

> > > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha

> > > Wed: Mercury: Buddha

> > > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana

> > > Friday: Venus: Parshurama

> > > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma

> > > Sunday: Sun: SriRam

> > >

> > > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be

the 10

> > > Mahavidyas.

> > >

> > > Which brings me to my question:

> > > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu

> > > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally

worshipped. So what

> > > is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus?

I have

> > > never come across Parshurama mantras.

> > >

> > > Peace

> > > Charu

> > >

> > > , Pranav Gupta

> > > <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > !Om Gurave Namah!

> > > >

> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!

> > > >

> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for

better

> > > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference

on how to

> > > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.

> > > >

> > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the

devata/deity

> > > to worship on the day of fast?

> > > >

> > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females

and Parvati/Das

> > > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that

Adi

> > > devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi

devata is not

> > > a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.

> > > >

> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married

vs one is

> > > seeking to get married?

> > > >

> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.

> > > >

> > > > Warm Regards,

> > > > Pranav

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your kind words,I learn from your and Sanjay ji's teachings.

Regards

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:07 AM

Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: Upapad fasting - what devata to worship?

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat and Rafal, NamaskarVery good answers all round. Your understanding of the subject is quite clear, keep it up.Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsen - SJC GuruJaimini SJC - Denmark email: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations, free mp3's and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com Sharat wrote:

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Charu,

Apologies but I forgot to point out that we do not use griha drishti here but only rasi drishti, as the dieties arent seen from planetary bodies.

Also as I said drishti only point out the direction towards the deity but not the actual one.

Regards

Sharat

, "charu2250" <charu2250 wrote:>> Dear Rafalji,> > Thank you for this list. I was not aware that the names used for> Ishtadevata were this! Mars I presume would be Narsimha?> > Also if in the case of ista devata, there is no planet in 12th from> karkamsa, then do you look at the strongest graha dristi on 12th from> karkamsa first or the lord of 12th from karkamsa?> > For eg. pisces karkamsa with moon, 12th from that is Aquarous with no> planet in it, but it has graha dristi from mars(dristi from 8 places> away) and rahu (dristi from 9 places away. Mars has the longer> longitude. Would the ista devata be Akuparaya or Narsimha?> > > peace> Charu> > , Rafal Gendarz starsuponme@> wrote:> >> > *hare rama krsna*> > > > Dear Pranav & Charu> > > > Here are the name used in mantras for Ishtadevata.> > > > Shukra - Hrsikesaya> > Sani - Akuparaya> > Rahu - Venkateshaya> > Ketu - Meenaavataraya, Mahamatsyaya> > Buddha - Vasudevaya/Bhalabadraya> > Guru- Trivikramaya> > > > Example: Om Namo Bhagavate Mahamatsyaya (12 aksharas - param padam)> > > > Regards,> > Rafal Gendarz> > SJC Guru> > www.rohinaa.com> > (+48) 503 44 18 18> > > > Pranav Gupta napisa?(a):> > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > Dear Charu, Namaskar!> > > > > > Thank you for the email!> > > > > > A minor correction In your list : for Mercury Parampara recommends > > > 'Vishnu'.> > > > > > Warm Regards,> > > Pranav> > >> > > */charu2250 charu2250 >/* wrote:> > >> > > Om Namah Shivay> > >> > > I hope I will be corrected if I am wrong. The Vishnu avatara to be> > > worshipped is according to the day ruled by, in the first instance> > > the strongest planet cojoining the UL, or is there is no planet> > > there, then the planet lording the sign that the UL is in.> > > Therefore the prashiddha mantra would be given as below:> > >> > > Monday: Moon: ShriKrishna> > > Tuesday: Mars: Narsimha > > > Wed: Mercury: Buddha> > > Thursday: Guru: Vaamana> > > Friday: Venus: Parshurama> > > Saturday: Saturn: Koorma> > > Sunday: Sun: SriRam> > >> > > The above is for ladies of course. For men it would be the 10> > > Mahavidyas.> > >> > > Which brings me to my question:> > > If a person's UL is lorded by venus then the Vishnu avatara is> > > Parshurama, but that avatara is not generally worshipped. So what> > > is the mantra that is given if a UL is lorded by Venus? I have> > > never come across Parshurama mantras.> > >> > > Peace> > > Charu> > >> > > , Pranav Gupta> > > <sushmagupta51@ ...> wrote:> > > >> > > > !Om Gurave Namah!> > > >> > > > Dear Gurus, Namaskar!> > > >> > > > I have seen numerous posts about Upapad fasting for better> > > marriage, but, in all those posts there was no reference on how to> > > determine the Devata/deity to worship on that day.> > > >> > > > Can one of the Gurus point to how to determine the devata/deity> > > to worship on the day of fast?> > > >> > > > I have read that it is Vishnu Aavtar for females and Parvati/Das> > > Mahavidya swaroop for males , and, I have also read that Adi> > > devata should be worshiped but in some cases the Adi devata is not> > > a Vishnu/Paarvati Aavtar. Hence the confusion.> > > >> > > > And does the deity change if one is already married vs one is> > > seeking to get married?> > > >> > > > Any pointers are appreciated.> > > >> > > > Warm Regards,> > > > Pranav> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >>