IndiaDivine.org

COVA question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for your response. My questions;

1. Is Capricorn dasa correct or a printing

error? Capricorn has only one planet in D1, so it looks like a straight case.

2. I am not familiar with 2 part system. I

want to know more about it and when to use it?

Best Regards

Ramesh

Ramesh F. Ganagaramani

7506, Eaglewalk Ct., Apt C

Baltimore, MD, 21237

(USA)

Tel: 410-588-6244

Email: rgangaramani

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Lakshmi Kary

Saturday, January 26, 2008

12:51 PM

sohamsa

Re: COVA

question

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Ramesh,

PLease clarify what your question is about.

Im not sure what you want to know, it appears that the effects of the

conjunction of planets in the 11th house will be modified by conjunction with

each other.

A few days ago ( Rafeal posted what to do when there are a conjunction

of planets, some being malefic ,etc)

There are some printing errors here and there in COVA, also JH did go

through some changes/modifications over the years.

Best wishes

Lakshmi

" Ramesh F.

Gangaramani " <rgangaramani (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear friends,

1. Case 131, page 504 discusses Capricorn Narayana dasa (D1

where Mars is exalted) during 1992-96. This does not match with dasas given by

JHora.

2. Book also says that during dasa of malefic signs, results

of planets and its lord are felt in the beginning and sign results at the end.

Dasa is then divided in 2 parts; first part appears to be assigned to planets

(conjoined and lord) and 2nd part to the malefic sign. I am familiar

with 3 part rule, as per which Capricorn gets last 1/3, Lord Saturn being placed

in Libra gets first 1/3 and Mars the middle 1/3.

I shall appreciate clarification from anyone who has

understood this case.

Best Regards

Ramesh

Dear Karu,

Thanks you for checking and responding.

You

are right, the next step should be Virgo. I hope Narasimha throws some

light on JH calculation.

ok.

I have seen him using similar rules in Vimsottari dasa too! Hope to learn

more about these quick rules in due course.

Best Regards

Ramesh

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Karu

Saturday, January 26, 2008

10:03 PM

sohamsa

Re: COVA

question

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Ramesh,

1. I think it is correct. Lets calculate Narayana Dasa

manually. Lagna is stronger, so Dasa starts from Lagna. First 3 Dasa's are Sg,

Leo and Aries.

Sg=8 Years =1954-1962

Leo=9 Years =1962-1971

Aries=9Years=1971-1981

Next, we have to go to 4th house (Pi) or 10th house (Vir),

depending on the 9th house. If the 9th house is Vimsapada, we must go to 4th

and trine (Derect order), othervice if Samapada we must go to 10th house

(Reverse Order). Here 9th house is Samapada and we have to follow Virgo,

Capricorn and Taurus after Lagna and trines. So next Dasas are,

Virgo=11 Years=1981-1992

Cap=4 Years=1992-1996

Tau=5 Years=1996-2001.

2. That rule is just for quick readings.

Hope this help.

Best Wishes

Karu

-

Ramesh

F. Gangaramani

sohamsa

;

Sunday, January

27, 2008 12:40 AM

COVA

question

Satyam

Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear friends,

1. Case 131,

page 504 discusses Capricorn Narayana dasa (D1 where Mars is exalted) during

1992-96. This does not match with dasas given by JHora.

2. Book also

says that during dasa of malefic signs, results of planets and its lord are

felt in the beginning and sign results at the end. Dasa is then divided in 2

parts; first part appears to be assigned to planets (conjoined and lord) and 2nd

part to the malefic sign. I am familiar with 3 part rule, as per which

Capricorn gets last 1/3, Lord Saturn being placed in Libra gets first 1/3 and

Mars the middle 1/3.

I shall

appreciate clarification from anyone who has understood this case.

Best Regards

Ramesh

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.12/1245 - Release 1/26/2008

3:45 PM

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Ramesh, Narasimha, Sonia and all,

As soon as I seen this, I noted dasa calculation has been done in reverse order. Then I read Narayana Dasa again and conformed the order in reverse. I pointed out it and perhaps, my reasoning for the same is not correct and sufficient. After my answer to Ramesh, one of my student even ask this question.

It is very easy to conclude such cases as errors or printing mistakes. But I am looking it in different angle and always trying to find any other reasons for these errors or mistakes.

Narayana Dasa order getting modified many times depending on many factors. As Guruji says understanding Narayana Dasa is very hard.

We know whole Dasa system depending on "Dharma". When we talk about "Dharma", we cannot forget lord Rama. Please carefully check this chart, and compare to lord Rama's chart. Take the 6th house as lagna of Rama's chart and you will find very specific yoga here.

I still think dasa order has been calculated in reveres due to strong Asura yoga in this chart. It could be very specific and nothing to do with JHL calculation.

I am not saying I am 100% correct here, but just sharing my understanding. Perhaps I am completely wrong.

Hope Sanjay clear this doubts.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Karu

Karu, why did you go to Vi after Sg, Le and Ar????? You need to read "Narayana dasa" again. I am reproducing from Sanjay ji's "Narayana dasa" book: "For dual signs ascending, the dasa of the sign in the ascendant (or 7th house) shall be followed by the dasa of the trines (i.e. the 5th and 9th houses). The succeeding dasa after the dasa of the trines will be of the 10th house followed by its trines. This repeats till all the signs are covered."

The direction is reckoned ONCE based on the 9th house. From Sg, the 9th is Le and it is even-footed. So the entire counting is backwards. We take, 1st, 5th, 9th, then go to 10th and take trines from it and so on. So the sequence is

Sg, Le, Ar, Pi, Sc, Cn, Ge, Aq, Li, Vi, Ta and Cp.

This matches the row corresponding to Sg in Table 10 in "Narayana dasa" book:

9.Sagittarius

This is what Sanjay ji taught me personally and this is what Sanjay ji wrote in the book. His calculation of Cp dasa in 1992-1996 seems like an error.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

> Hare Rama Krishna> > Dear Ramesh,> 1. I think it is correct. Lets calculate Narayana Dasa manually. Lagna is stronger, so Dasa starts from Lagna. First 3 Dasa's are Sg, Leo and Aries.> Sg=8 Years =1954-1962> Leo=9 Years =1962-1971> Aries=9Years=1971-1981> > Next, we have to go to 4th house (Pi) or 10th house (Vir), depending on the 9th house. If the 9th house is Vimsapada, we must go to 4th and trine (Derect order), othervice if Samapada we must go to 10th house (Reverse Order). Here 9th house is Samapada and we have to follow Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus after Lagna and trines. So next Dasas are,> > Virgo=11 Years=1981-1992> Cap=4 Years=1992-1996> Tau=5 Years=1996-2001.> > 2. That rule is just for quick readings. > > Hope this help.> > Best Wishes> Karu> > - > Ramesh F. Gangaramani > sohamsa ; > Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:40 AM> COVA question> > Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat> > Dear friends,> > 1. Case 131, page 504 discusses Capricorn Narayana dasa (D1 where Mars is exalted) during 1992-96. This does not match with dasas given by JHora. > > 2. Book also says that during dasa of malefic signs, results of planets and its lord are felt in the beginning and sign results at the end. Dasa is then divided in 2 parts; first part appears to be assigned to planets (conjoined and lord) and 2nd part to the malefic sign. I am familiar with 3 part rule, as per which Capricorn gets last 1/3, Lord Saturn being placed in Libra gets first 1/3 and Mars the middle 1/3.> > I shall appreciate clarification from anyone who has understood this case.> > Best Regards> > Ramesh

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.13/1246 - Release 1/27/2008 6:39 PM

Namaste friends,

If there are any questions to me on calculations, please make sure to cc the mail to pvr. Today I somehow checked the sohamsa list after about 10 days and saw this mail at the top of the list and so able to reply. Otherwise, I would have missed the mail. I check the lists very rarely and see the top few mails only whenever I check.

JHora did undergo changes, but not in basic calculations and not in Narayana dasa calculation. Narayana dasa has been programmed the way Sanjay taught me and has not changed in many years.

Sometimes, Sanjay ji's manual calculations (in books published before he started using JHora) are different from JHora because of reckoning strengths differently. But, in this case, I cannot see any such thing. This seems to me like an error.

Karu, why did you go to Vi after Sg, Le and Ar????? You need to read "Narayana dasa" again. I am reproducing from Sanjay ji's "Narayana dasa" book: "For dual signs ascending, the dasa of the sign in the ascendant (or 7th house) shall be followed by the dasa of the trines (i.e. the 5th and 9th houses). The succeeding dasa after the dasa of the trines will be of the 10th house followed by its trines. This repeats till all the signs are covered."

The direction is reckoned ONCE based on the 9th house. From Sg, the 9th is Le and it is even-footed. So the entire counting is backwards. We take, 1st, 5th, 9th, then go to 10th and take trines from it and so on. So the sequence is

9.Sagittarius

This is what Sanjay ji taught me personally and this is what Sanjay ji wrote in the book. His calculation of Cp dasa in 1992-1996 seems like an error.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

> Hare Rama Krishna> > Dear Ramesh,> 1. I think it is correct. Lets calculate Narayana Dasa manually. Lagna is stronger, so Dasa starts from Lagna. First 3 Dasa's are Sg, Leo and Aries.> Sg=8 Years =1954-1962> Leo=9 Years =1962-1971> Aries=9Years=1971-1981> > Next, we have to go to 4th house (Pi) or 10th house (Vir), depending on the 9th house. If the 9th house is Vimsapada, we must go to 4th and trine (Derect order), othervice if Samapada we must go to 10th house (Reverse Order). Here 9th house is Samapada and we have to follow Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus after Lagna and trines. So next Dasas are,> > Virgo=11 Years=1981-1992> Cap=4 Years=1992-1996> Tau=5 Years=1996-2001.> > 2. That rule is just for quick readings. > > Hope this help.> > Best Wishes> Karu> > - > Ramesh F. Gangaramani > sohamsa ; > Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:40 AM> COVA question> > Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat> > Dear friends,> > 1. Case 131, page 504 discusses Capricorn Narayana dasa (D1 where Mars is exalted) during 1992-96. This does not match with dasas given by JHora. > > 2. Book also says that during dasa of malefic signs, results of planets and its lord are felt in the beginning and sign results at the end. Dasa is then divided in 2 parts; first part appears to be assigned to planets (conjoined and lord) and 2nd part to the malefic sign. I am familiar with 3 part rule, as per which Capricorn gets last 1/3, Lord Saturn being placed in Libra gets first 1/3 and Mars the middle 1/3.> > I shall appreciate clarification from anyone who has understood this case.> > Best Regards> > Ramesh

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Ramesh, Narasimha, Sonia and all,

As soon as I seen this, I noted dasa calculation has been done in reverse order. Then I read Narayana Dasa again and conformed the order in reverse. I pointed out it and perhaps, my reasoning for the same is not correct and sufficient. After my answer to Ramesh, one of my student even ask this question.

It is very easy to conclude such cases as errors or printing mistakes. But I am looking it in different angle and always trying to find any other reasons for these errors or mistakes.

Narayana Dasa order getting modified many times depending on many factors. As Guruji says understanding Narayana Dasa is very hard.

We know whole Dasa system depending on "Dharma". When we talk about "Dharma", we cannot forget lord Rama. Please carefully check this chart, and compare to lord Rama's chart. Take the 6th house as lagna of Rama's chart and you will find very specific yoga here.

I still think dasa order has been calculated in reveres due to strong Asura yoga in this chart. It could be very specific and nothing to do with JHL calculation.

I am not saying I am 100% correct here, but just sharing my understanding. Perhaps I am completely wrong.

Hope Sanjay clear this doubts.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Karu

9.Sagittarius

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.13/1246 - Release 1/27/2008 6:39 PM