IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 3043

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Respected Narasimha ji,

Thanks for hearing us and making quick fixes for JHora 7.1.

Your commitment is really appreciable.

Regards,

Upendra

On 31 Mar 2008 10:04:30 -0000, wrote:

SJC: Achyuta Gurukulam

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1. Download Jagannatha Hora 7.1 (build 2) Narasimha P.V.R. Rao

View All Topics | Create New Topic

Download Jagannatha Hora 7.1 (build 2)

Posted by: " Narasimha P.V.R. Rao " pvr108 pvr108

Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:10 pm (PDT)

Namaste friends,Some problems in JHora 7.1 released last week are fixed and JHora 7.1 (build 2) is released now. I expect this release to be the stable release for a while now.Some issues resolved are:

(1) Some default settings (e.g. ashtakavarga) were inadvertantly changed in the previous version. They are fixed now. One of them was the language. The default was changed from English to Telugu (my mother tongue). On some computers, there is a problem installing the Indian language fonts. When that happens, the charts look messed up because they try to use Telugu. Several people complained about this. After installing build 2, your defaults should be restored to correct values and charts should use English and look fine, even when font installation failed.

(2) If you viewed divisional longitudes (like navamsa or dasamsa longitudes) in the basic info view and then opened another chart, JHora 7.1 was crashing. It is fixed now.(3) I meant to add Chandra Hari ayanamsa, added it in the code but not fully. I cut & pasted Deva-datta ayanamsa as Chandra Hari ayanamsa and did not edit the formula. So the Chandra Hari ayanamsa in the previous 7.1 build was way off. It is fixed now.

(4) Amsa ruling deities of D-20 were programmed incorrectly for planets in odd signs in JHora until now (7.1 as well as prior versions). It is fixed now.(5) JHora lets you find when a planet changes sign or nakshatra or navamsa. This algorithm had a bug for Ketu and gave far-away dates. It is fixed now.

(6) Longitudes and nakshatras of varnadas and some points were wrongly displayed in the basic info view earlier. They are fixed now.(7) The speed of the program is improved from the previous 7.1 build.

(8) The six divisional charts you view in the " six chart " view are remembered when you close and re-open the program.(9) BTW, Surya Kalanala Chakra and Chandra Kalanala Chakra were added in 7.1. You can refer to classics for their use. If I remember right, Jatakabharanam mentions them. They will also be explained in my upcoming book " Tithi Pravesha: Lunar Return Charts of Vedic Astrology " .

Please download build 2 of JHora 7.1 fromhttp://www.VedicAstrologer.org/jhIf you have 7.0x versions or the previous build of 7.1, you can upgrade to the latest by just downloading the new JHora.exe file and copying it over your existing JHora.exe file. This download is less than 1 MB and is the quickest way to upgrade. The instructions can be found in the above page.

Regarding the Indian language font installation, one gentleman sent some information. I am including it at the end of this mail.Best regards,Narasimha-------------------------

Do Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamSpirituality:

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------

-------------------------I faced the same problem on my pc (Win XP, off 2007, IE 7.0), it hasbeen rectified as follows:1. Go to " Regional and Language Options " => " languages "

=> " Supplemental Language Support " => tick both of the " Install files... " options => click " Apply " .2. It will ask for Win-Xp-SP2 CD. Insert that and the fonts will be

D/L-ed.3. " Restart " the system on prompt.4...and Presto... it works - all fonts appear as they shd.NB: For some odd reason it wasnt working with only the " install filesfor complex script.. " option; have no idea why it started working

with inclusion of the " East Asian " options!Brgds,SS-------------------------

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New Members

Visit Your Group

Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Quick file sharing

Send up to 1GB of

files in an IM.

John McEnroe

on

Join him for the

10 Day Challenge.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Links | Database | Calendar

~ om tat sat ~Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram. Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama Krishna'(2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who said that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for animals.

(3) Practice charity in thought and deed - do one free chart reading today

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

-- Regards,------------------------Upendra Agnihotram.