IndiaDivine.org

1c. Narashans Posted by: rajarshi14

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Patheya

This is in refernce to a sloka from teh 3rd mandala of the rig veda. Its a sanskrit word. Narashans. I really dont know whaty it means. But thanks for your mail.

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal wrote:

Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14""Sri Jagannath" Monday, 4 August, 2008, 2:33 AM

Dear Rajarshi,I am not a Sanskrit scholar or a linguist, but I do have some understanding. Let me take a phonetic take on the language question: certain linguistic groups do not have certain phonemes. For instance, a Punjabi speaker or a Muslim, especially of certain geographical contiguity cannot speak the "ree" sound that you have in, even your name, Rishi. And it more likely than not comes out as "ar" sound. So, my strong hunch is that the word in reference is "Nrishans", which you have as Narshans. Now, my scholarly limitations don't allow me to go to etymological roots of the word, but I find it hard to associate the word to much positive connotation; the most popular usage of the word that pops in my mind has been as an adjective qualifying "hatya" - killing, where nrishans carries the valence of being sub-human or ghastly. I wait to hear further. PatheyaPS: I just checked out the online shabdakosha and here

is the result:http://www.shabdkos h.com/en2hi/ search.php? e=%E0%A4% A8%E0%A5% 83%E0%A4% B6%E0%A4% 82%E0%A4% B8 & f=8 1c. NarashansPosted by: "rajarshi14" rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in rajarshi14Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:39 pm ((PDT))Dear Sanjayji and everyone else in this forum who knows sanskrit well,I was refered to a tv program some days back where a muslim clericclaimed that in the slokas of rig veda (3.29.11) the word narashansmeans praiseworthy, same as the meaning of the name muhammed. Hencethe vedas predicted the birth of agni (God or his messanger) asmuhammed.To me this sounds utter nonsense. But generally, what does narashansactually mean. If someone could throw some light on this I would bereally greatful.-RegardsRajarshi

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Om SreeMahaGanaadhipataye Namah Hari Om,

Dear Rajarshi,

Probably following may be of some help.

Sukta 28 Rsi Viswamitra Gaathin Devta Agni Chanda 1-2,6 Gyatri 3, Usnik,4 Trishtup.5 jaagati.

Hope you have read earlier richas particularly 9 and 10 before.So I need not quote the context.

This sukta has Three special words,

Tanunpaat and Narashans & Maatrisvaa..

I am giving meaning as I have understood from my efforts.

When Fire( agni dev) is in womb it is called Tanunpat.

When Fire ( agni dev) is in very high strength and manifest , it is called Narashans.

This sukta further elaborates that , when this Fire ( agni dev) is expanding itself with extreme tej in antariksha , it is called Maatrisvaa.

Lastly the richa says When it moves fast Vaayu is created.

Reference in TV programme is beyond comprehension.

For further reading, if you know hindi, you may like to read translation By late PDT Sri Ram Sharma OF rig veda.and Of Gorakhpr press.

It is avaiable on Gayatri parivaar Web site.and on other websites.

with regards.

OM TATSAT------------------------Swami_RCS (Consulting astrologer)Tel: +91 562-2232323/4001223;Mob 9412268768. Email: swami_rcs:http:\\www.kaalvastu.com] -----------------------" Let us meditate on the glorious effulgence of that Divine Being who has created the three worlds.May He Direct our understanding."--

-

Patheya Goyal

Sri Jagannath

Monday, August 04, 2008 8:46 PM

[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14"

Dear Rajarshi,I cannot help further, but I have written a PDF in devanagari along with Ralph Griffith's translation of the verse [which is not much help either :(] in order to facilitate elucidation if others would desire to indulge. File is attached. PGPS: I notice that the link I sent earlier has spaces in between as it got posted at the forum and would therefore not work, so those who are interested in pursuing the link should remove spaces so that it reads as an unbroken url.

Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14"

Dear Patheya

This is in refernce to a sloka from teh 3rd mandala of the rig veda. Its a sanskrit word. Narashans. I really dont know whaty it means. But thanks for your mail.

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal wrote:Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14""Sri Jagannath" Monday, 4 August, 2008, 2:33 AMDear Rajarshi,I am not a Sanskrit scholar or a linguist, but I do have some understanding. Let me take a phonetic take on the language question: certain linguistic groups do not have certain phonemes. For instance, a Punjabi speaker or a Muslim, especially of certain geographical contiguity cannot speak the "ree" sound that you have in, even your name, Rishi. And it more likely than not comes out as "ar" sound. So, my strong hunch is that the word in reference is "Nrishans", which you have as Narshans. Now, my scholarly limitations don't allow me to go to etymological roots of the word, but I find it hard to associate the word to much positive connotation; the most popular usage of the word that pops in my mind has been as an adjective qualifying "hatya" - killing, where nrishans carries the valence of being sub-human or ghastly. I wait to hear further. PatheyaPS: I just checked out the online shabdakosha and here is the result:http://www.shabdkosh.com/en2hi/search.php?e=%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%83%E0%A4%B6%E0%A4%82%E0%A4%B8 & f=8 1c. NarashansPosted by: "rajarshi14" rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in rajarshi14Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:39 pm ((PDT))Dear Sanjayji and everyone else in this forum who knows sanskrit well,I was refered to a tv program some days back where a muslim clericclaimed that in the slokas of rig veda (3.29.11) the word narashansmeans praiseworthy, same as the meaning of the name muhammed. Hencethe vedas predicted the birth of agni (God or his messanger) asmuhammed.To me this sounds utter nonsense. But generally, what does narashansactually mean. If someone could throw some light on this I would bereally greatful.-RegardsRajarshi

Guest guest

Dear Swami

Thank you very much for the explanation. I find it very meaningful. Thanks

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, swami <swami wrote:

swami <swamiRe: [Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14" Date: Monday, 4 August, 2008, 10:17 PM

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Om SreeMahaGanaadhipat aye Namah Hari Om,

Dear Rajarshi,

Probably following may be of some help.

Sukta 28 Rsi Viswamitra Gaathin Devta Agni Chanda 1-2,6 Gyatri 3, Usnik,4 Trishtup.5 jaagati.

Hope you have read earlier richas particularly 9 and 10 before.So I need not quote the context.

This sukta has Three special words,

Tanunpaat and Narashans & Maatrisvaa..

I am giving meaning as I have understood from my efforts.

When Fire( agni dev) is in womb it is called Tanunpat.

When Fire ( agni dev) is in very high strength and manifest , it is called Narashans.

This sukta further elaborates that , when this Fire ( agni dev) is expanding itself with extreme tej in antariksha , it is called Maatrisvaa.

Lastly the richa says When it moves fast Vaayu is created.

Reference in TV programme is beyond comprehension.

For further reading, if you know hindi, you may like to read translation By late PDT Sri Ram Sharma OF rig veda.and Of Gorakhpr press.

It is avaiable on Gayatri parivaar Web site.and on other websites.

with regards.

OM TATSAT------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Swami_RCS (Consulting astrologer)Tel: +91 562-2232323/ 4001223;Mob 9412268768. Email: swami_rcs :http:\\www.kaalvast u.com] ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------" Let us meditate on the glorious effulgence of that Divine Being who has created the three worlds.May He Direct our understanding. "------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

-

Patheya Goyal

Sri Jagannath

Monday, August 04, 2008 8:46 PM

[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14"

Dear Rajarshi,I cannot help further, but I have written a PDF in devanagari along with Ralph Griffith's translation of the verse [which is not much help either :(] in order to facilitate elucidation if others would desire to indulge. File is attached. PGPS: I notice that the link I sent earlier has spaces in between as it got posted at the forum and would therefore not work, so those who are interested in pursuing the link should remove spaces so that it reads as an unbroken url.

Dear Patheya

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal@ ...> wrote:Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal@ ...>[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14""Sri Jagannath" <>Monday, 4 August, 2008, 2:33 AMDear Rajarshi,I am not a Sanskrit scholar or a linguist, but I do have some understanding. Let me take a phonetic take on the language question: certain linguistic groups do not have certain phonemes. For instance, a Punjabi speaker or a Muslim, especially of certain geographical contiguity cannot speak the "ree" sound that you have in, even your name, Rishi. And it more likely than not comes out as "ar" sound. So, my strong hunch is that the word

in reference is "Nrishans", which you have as Narshans. Now, my scholarly limitations don't allow me to go to etymological roots of the word, but I find it hard to associate the word to much positive connotation; the most popular usage of the word that pops in my mind has been as an adjective qualifying "hatya" - killing, where nrishans carries the valence of being sub-human or ghastly. I wait to hear further. PatheyaPS: I just checked out the online shabdakosha and here is the result:http://www.shabdkos h.com/en2hi/ search.php? e=%E0%A4% A8%E0%A5% 83%E0%A4% B6%E0%A4% 82%E0%A4% B8 & f=8 1c. NarashansPosted by: "rajarshi14" rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in rajarshi14Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:39 pm ((PDT))Dear Sanjayji and everyone else in this forum who knows sanskrit well,I was refered to a tv program some days back where a muslim clericclaimed that in the slokas of rig veda (3.29.11) the word

narashansmeans praiseworthy, same as the meaning of the name muhammed. Hencethe vedas predicted the birth of agni (God or his messanger) asmuhammed.To me this sounds utter nonsense. But generally, what does narashansactually mean. If someone could throw some light on this I would bereally greatful.-RegardsRajarshi

Guest guest

Thanks a lot Patheya, really appreciate your reply. I am going thru the material.

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal wrote:

Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14""Sri Jagannath" Monday, 4 August, 2008, 8:46 PM

Dear Patheya

-Regards

Rajarshi

"This above all: to thine own self be true!" - Hamlet--- On Mon, 4/8/08, Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal@ ...> wrote:Patheya Goyal <patheyagoyal@ ...>[Om Krishna Guru] Re: 1c. Narashans Posted by: "rajarshi14""Sri Jagannath" <>Monday, 4 August, 2008, 2:33 AMDear Rajarshi,I am not a Sanskrit scholar or a linguist, but I do have some understanding. Let me take a phonetic take on the language question: certain linguistic groups do not have certain phonemes. For instance, a Punjabi speaker or a Muslim, especially of certain geographical contiguity cannot speak the "ree" sound that you have in, even your name, Rishi. And it more likely than not comes out as "ar" sound. So, my strong hunch is that the word

in reference is "Nrishans", which you have as Narshans. Now, my scholarly limitations don't allow me to go to etymological roots of the word, but I find it hard to associate the word to much positive connotation; the most popular usage of the word that pops in my mind has been as an adjective qualifying "hatya" - killing, where nrishans carries the valence of being sub-human or ghastly. I wait to hear further. PatheyaPS: I just checked out the online shabdakosha and here is the result:http://www.shabdkos h.com/en2hi/ search.php? e=%E0%A4% A8%E0%A5% 83%E0%A4% B6%E0%A4% 82%E0%A4% B8 & f=8 1c. NarashansPosted by: "rajarshi14" rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in rajarshi14Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:39 pm ((PDT))Dear Sanjayji and everyone else in this forum who knows sanskrit well,I was refered to a tv program some days back where a muslim clericclaimed that in the slokas of rig veda (3.29.11) the word

narashansmeans praiseworthy, same as the meaning of the name muhammed. Hencethe vedas predicted the birth of agni (God or his messanger) asmuhammed.To me this sounds utter nonsense. But generally, what does narashansactually mean. If someone could throw some light on this I would bereally greatful.-RegardsRajarshi