IndiaDivine.org

[Jagannath] Argala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Jai Sri Jagannath!!!

Dear Gauranga,

Here's my bit on argala. Hope this helps!

ARGALA

Argala means intervention in the affairs of a sign (Rashi) or graha by another rashi or graha.

Argala can be of two types viz., (i) Shubhargala (good intervention) caused by benefic rasi/graha, and (ii) Papargala (bad intervention) caused by malefic rasi/graha.

However, such Argala is also obstructed by other rasi/graha.

The strength, effect and prevalence of the Argala or obstruction to the argala is determined from the strength of the rasi/graha (determined by the standard methods) causing the Argala and obstruction. The result of the stronger of the two causes it (Argala/obstruction) to prevail.

The following rules explain the cause of Argala and the obstruction to it:

CAUSE OF ARGALA

RULE - I

The rasi or planet(s) in the 2nd, 4th and 11th houses from a rasi/graha intervene or cause ‘Argala’in the affairs of the latter. (UPSJ: 1.1.4)

RULE – II

Malefic rasi/planet(s) in the 3rd from a rasi/graha also cause ‘Argala’ on the said rasi.

(Note: A malefic/malefics in the 3rd not only cause obstruction of the Argala of the 11th rasi/graha, but they themselves cause Argala simultaneously.

RULE – III

The rasi/graha in the 5th also cause secondary level ‘Argala’ on the said rasi.

OBSTRUCTION OF ARGALA

RULE – I

The rasi/graha in the 3rd, 10th and 12th from a rasi/graha obstruct the Argala.

RULE – II

The rasi/graha in the 9th obstructs the Argala caused by the rasi/graha in the 5th (Rule – III above).

EXCEPTION REGARDING KETU

In the case of a sign occupied by Ketu, the reckoning of both Argala and Obstruction caused by the said rais/Ketu is always done in the reverse direction (anti clockwise).

Hare Krishna,

Regards,

Sarat.

-

Gauranga Das <gauranga

Varahamihira <varahamihira >

Wednesday, December 01, 1999 8:53 AM

[Jagannath] Argala

> JAYA JAGANNATHA!> > Dear Gurudeva,> > Pranaams.> > I have read the chapter on Argala in the BPHS, but I couldn't understand anything. Could You please explain the principles of Argala to me?> > Your shishya,> > Gauranga das> > > ------> HARI OM TAT SAT> Jaya Jagannatha Mahaprabhu> > ------> -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault> -- /docvault/varahamihira/?m=1> >