IndiaDivine.org

RE: IMPORTANT..to Sanjay (Ardha nadiamsa graha)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|om namo bhagavate vasudevaya|

Dear Narasimha

That method uses the candrakala nadiamsa and is different from this.

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of Narasimha P.V.R. RaoSunday, July 17, 2005 7:25 AMjyotisa Subject: IMPORTANT..to Sanjay (Re: Ardha nadiamsa graha)

Dear Sanjay,

Pranaams! I hope things are going well in all the events so far. Please convey my warm regards to Zoran.

> No don't use that version as it has the same lords for all three types of> signs which is not the basis for the nadiamsa. Of course you can convert> easily if you have the version. Give my paper to Narasimha so that he can> change the ardha nadiamsa graha option.

What you taught me previously and I programmed in your and my version of JHora does NOT exactly use the same lords for all three types. You taught starting from Sun for the first ardha nadi of Aries and going in that order till the end of Pisces.

Thus, the first ardha nadis of movable, fixed and dual signs will be ruled by Sun, Mercury and Saturn respectively. So the order is not exactly the same for the three categories of signs. It IS different. And yet the overall order in the entire zodiac is continuous.

In your latest thinking, you have reversed the starting planet of fixed and dual signs and the continuity is lost now. And, we haven't really gained anything by sacrificing continuity. I am not fully sure of the logic.

If the motivation is to be consistent with the way nadis are reckoned in movable, fixed and dual signs, then I think you should be doing something else (i.e. neither what you taught me previously nor what you are teaching now). Let me elaborate what I am thinking, inspired by your latest idea that ardha nadi lord definition must be consistent with nadi name definition.

(1) The first ardha nadi of movable signs is ruled by Sun, second ardha naqdi is ruled by Moon and so on.

(2) In fixed signs, the LAST ardha nadi is ruled by Sun, the second ardha nadi from end is ruled by Moon and so on. (This is how the nadi names are mapped in the reverse order for fixed signs!!!)

(2) The 151st ardha nadi of fixed signs is ruled by Sun, 152nd ardha nadi is ruled by Moon and so on. When we finish the 300th ardha nadi (ruled by Venus), we come back to the 1st ardha nadi of the sign and give it to Saturn.

This method I suggested above is different from both the methods you taught so far. The appeal of this method is that it is fully consistent with nadi definition and based on exactly the same methodology. There is a one-to-two correspondence between nadi names and ardha nadi rulers. Irrespective of the sign, if a particular nadi is called Bharata nadi, for example, then the rulers of the two ardha nadis in it are the same. But the drawback is that the count of ardha-nadis owned by all planets are not the same. Saturn and nodes get less ardha nadis across the board.

The appeal of your original method is that it has different orders in movable, fixed and dual signs, but maintains continuity across the zodiac.

I see absolutely no appeal in the new method you are teaching now. It too has different orders in movable, fixed and dual signs, but there is no reason for this particular order. There is a reason for the particular order in the old method - continuity. Moreover, it is not exactly based on nadi definition either (which must be the reason for your changing the order). It is kind of like nadi definition, but not exactly. I see that you are influenced by beginning/end/middle philosophy of nadis in choosing Sun, Saturn and Mercury as the starting points for the 3 sign groups. But, in nadis, order is reversed in fixed signs. Starting from Saturn and going as Saturn, Rahu, Ketu is hardly analogous.

If I have to pick one of the two methods you taught, I'd rather pick what you taught earlier.

Also, I found another important deviation now.

Earlier, we talked about ardha nadis based on non-uniform Chandra Kala Nadi. The calculations in your article suggest that you are now using uniform nadis. You explcitly told me several time (as recently as a couple of months back) that non-uniform nadis are correct. I too feel the same way. Why this change of heart????

You taught that uniform division of rasis into 150 equal parts is meaningless and non-uniform Chandra Kala Nadi (division of rasis into 150 unequal parts based on the boundaries as per 16 charts of Shodasa varga) is the only meaningful nadi division. You even asked me very recently to give 4 and 6 parts (in addition to halves) of non-uniform nadis. Because of the non-linearity, you said it was tough to calculate manually and wanted me to add them in software. Why on earth did you suddenly switch to 150 uniform parts? I hope it is not due to convenience of calculation!!

Please confirm if you really switched to uniform nadis and please tell me why you went for this HUGE change in phiolosophy.

I added the two new options. While I adding them, I found an error in the existing option and fixed it.

I have made a download available that gives the 3 options for ardha nadi calculation method. Check under divisional chart calculation options. By combining these with uniform/non-uniform nadi option, you can get 2x3=6 different kinds of calculations.

Download jhora.zip from

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/tmp/jh703.zip

and unzip it. You will get jhora.exe. If you know where jhora.exe is on your computer (usually under "bin" sub-directory within the directory where JHora was installed by you), back it up and replace it with the new jhora.exe obtained by unzipping.

This is NOT a public release and so do not share this mail and the jhora.exe file with people not on this list. If you cannot use this version, don't ask me any questions. It will absolutely not be supported.

There are some minor new features, but nothing major. I have cleaned up several things related to speacial nakshatras and made them 28 nakshatra based consistently. I also enriched Sarvatobhadra chakra and integrated graha drishti, latta into it. I have added fortnightly charts and re-arranged mundane charts tab for ease of [my] use. There are some research features like "angular return" charts and you can ignore them for now.

You will see that Drigdasa has some changes. I have changed the calculations to be consistent with Parasara's teachings. Instead of using the odd-footed/even-footed criterion like in Narayana dasa, the "proximity to light" criterion recommended by Parasara is used. I am quite sure this is more correct. In the next public release, I will give an option to use either version. But, for this temporary release, what I believe is correct is hard-coded. Some of your Drigdasas may be different with this version than the previous version, but I believe this is more correct. I ran this by Sanjay and he too seemed to agree.

Except these, there are no considerable changes from version 7.02.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

> |om namo bhagavate vasudevaya|> Dear Narayan> No don't use that version as it has the same lords for all three types of> signs which is not the basis for the nadiamsa. Of course you can convert> easily if you have the version. Give my paper to Narasimha so that he can> change the ardha nadiamsa graha option.> With best wishes and warm regards,> Sanjay Rath> * * *> Sri Jagannath Center®> 15B Gangaram Hospital Road > New Delhi 110060, India> http://srath.com <http://srath.com/> , +91-11-25717162> * * *> _____ > > jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of> naaraayana_iyer> Friday, July 15, 2005 7:46 PM> jyotisa > Re: Ardha nadiamsa graha> > Namaste Swee,> > If it is 26.13206, then (x 10) becomes 261.3206, rounding up 262.> > I think Sanjayji uses the version given by Narasimha which has the> Ardha-Nadiamsa given along with all other Amsas :))> > Warm Regards> Narayan