RE: Another basic Q

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|om namo bhagavate vasudevaya|

Dear Ramapriya

Center of course for ingress into signs/stars

tip of disk visibility for sunrise

Maybe a good reading of Varahamihira will confirm why I follow him in these choises...got to go

bye for the day

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of Ramapriya DSaturday, July 16, 2005 8:48 AMjyotisa Subject: Another basic Q

Dear Sanjay,

The hints in your earlier mail to me, and the later one to Ramadas, show your preference for the sun's disk tip in considering sunrise. I can't resist asking you this - when do you consider Sun having entered a rasi or constellation, when it's tip ingresses or do you wait for the center to enter? The various pravesha charts are all that - pravesha, logically implying the entry, not necessarily the central longitude. What's your take? And ditto for the Moon too?

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Regarding Sun Rise as stated by Varaha Mihira is really working very well.this time when I went to India during last May,2005, I had a discussion with Scholars in Jyotish from Mangalore and Udipi and everybody have the same opinion about the Sun rise options ie.," THE TIP OF SUN'S DISC APPEARS TO BE ON THE EASTERN HORIZON ".

From last 2 years I am working with the 3 options given in JH software and finally to get accurate results, I have to set the Sun rise options to the above.

With Shri Hari Vaayu Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Ramapriya

Maybe a good reading of Varahamihira will confirm why I follow him in these choises...got to go

bye for the day

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of Ramapriya DSaturday, July 16, 2005 8:48 AMjyotisa Subject: Another basic Q

Dear Sanjay,

The hints in your earlier mail to me, and the later one to Ramadas, show your preference for the sun's disk tip in considering sunrise. I can't resist asking you this - when do you consider Sun having entered a rasi or constellation, when it's tip ingresses or do you wait for the center to enter? The various pravesha charts are all that - pravesha, logically implying the entry, not necessarily the central longitude. What's your take? And ditto for the Moon too?

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages Only in Mail: http://in.mail.

Guest guest

||om paramagurave namah||

Dear Sri Ramadas,

If it is possible, could you please recapitulate the discussions that you had with the jyotisas of Mangalore & Udipi? That would be useful to the current discussion between Narasimha & Sanjay. Specifically, any classical text reference supporting this conclusion etc.

regards

Hari

On 7/19/05, Ramadas Rao <ramadasrao wrote:

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Regarding Sun Rise as stated by Varaha Mihira is really working very well.this time when I went to India during last May,2005, I had a discussion with Scholars in Jyotish from Mangalore and Udipi and everybody have the same opinion about the Sun rise options ie., " THE TIP OF SUN'S DISC APPEARS TO BE ON THE EASTERN HORIZON " .

From last 2 years I am working with the 3 options given in JH software and finally to get accurate results, I have to set the Sun rise options to the above.

Ramadas Rao.

Guest guest

Dear Ramdas Rao ji

To my knowledge the whole of India uses this definition. I am still to know as to where the other definition has come from? What is the origin of the definition of sunrise as the middle of the sun. Any idea where it has been mentioned? I was pretty surprised when this was asked first time and am still trying to figure out as to how the definition originated and from where. Any input is welcome.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of Ramadas RaoMonday, July 18, 2005 11:24 PMjyotisa Subject: RE: Another basic Q

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Regarding Sun Rise as stated by Varaha Mihira is really working very well.this time when I went to India during last May,2005, I had a discussion with Scholars in Jyotish from Mangalore and Udipi and everybody have the same opinion about the Sun rise options ie.," THE TIP OF SUN'S DISC APPEARS TO BE ON THE EASTERN HORIZON ".

Ramadas Rao.

Dear Ramapriya

bye for the day

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Dear Sanjay,

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messagesOnly in Mail: http://in.mail.

Guest guest

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

As per my knowledge,there are 3 options of Sun rise in JH software and I was trying to use one by one the options given but I got the correct predictions when I used the Sun rise options : The tip of the Sun's disc appears to be on the eastern Horizon.

Also regarding this I had a talk with many learned old Scholars and they all said me that when Sun is just touching or appearing to touch the horizon is the correct Sun rise.

So the option you mentioned is exactly correct and as per me all Astrologers in this Forum has to decide to use this Sun rise definition,otherwise one is using one definition whereas the another one using the 2nd option,so there is no equality in this matter.

Thanks for supporting my views.

With Shri Hari Vaayu naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.Guru Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Dear Ramdas Rao ji

To my knowledge the whole of India uses this definition. I am still to know as to where the other definition has come from? What is the origin of the definition of sunrise as the middle of the sun. Any idea where it has been mentioned? I was pretty surprised when this was asked first time and am still trying to figure out as to how the definition originated and from where. Any input is welcome.

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

jyotisa [jyotisa ] On Behalf Of Ramadas RaoMonday, July 18, 2005 11:24 PMjyotisa Subject: RE: Another basic Q

` nmae naray[ay,

om namo näräyaëäya|

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Ramadas Rao.

Dear Ramapriya

bye for the day

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Dear Sanjay,

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messagesOnly in Mail: http://in.mail.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for FREE with Photos. http://in.photos.