IndiaDivine.org

Karaka Tithi Questions to Sanjay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

om paramagurave namah

Dear Narasimha & Sanjay,

Just adding a question to this email: what is the significance of sukla or krishna regarding the karaka tithi? Partha has told me that my karaka tithi is Krishna Panchami.

Dear Partha, Paramaguru Sanjay & all Gurus,

Greetings & salutations to you on the occasion of Guru Poornima 2005. May you all continue to enrich this atman's path with many more precious pearls of knowledge.

regards

Hari

On 7/20/05, Narasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvr wrote:

Dear Sanjay,

Pranaams and happy Guru Pournima! Thank you so much for all the knowledge you have given me and will give!

I was looking at Karaka Tithi. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Swami Vivekananda both had Krishna Saptami tithi ruled by Saturn.

Dr. B.V. Raman, you, my father and I all have Sukla Panchami tithi ruled by Jupiter (I am glad I share the tithi not just with you, but with all my three gurus!). Prof. P.S. Sastri has Krishna Trayodasi tithi ruled by Jupiter.

However, is this significant? What kind of conclusions can we draw just based on tithi and lord? Shouldn't we see how the planet ruling the tithi is placed in various vargas? I know good astrologers whose Karaka tithi is ruled by Venus or Moon or Sun or Rahu.

What about the role of Kalachakra? Can we check the planets influencing the Karaka tithi in Kalachakra? If we do, should we prepare the Kalachakra with the nakshatra of Sun in east or that of AK or that of lagna or that of AmK?

Also, can we pray to the Nitya form of the Divine Mother corresponding to the Karaka tithi? For example, you and I have Sukla Panchami. So can we worship Mother Vahni Vasini (one who lives in Fire and purifies things) who is associated with Panchami tithi?

The way I look at it is that AK shows soul and AmK is shows consciousness (you taught that AK was the higher abstraction of mind). Just as normal tithi shows the phase of Moon and how much light of Sun is reflected by Moon, I think that karaka tithi shows the phase of higher consciousness and how much of soul's light is reflected by it.

One last question: You taught me planetary tithis by using the angles between Sun and various planets (not just Moon). How about using the angle between AK and BK and finding bhatri karaka tithi? What is its purpose? I see that people like Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Vivekananda, Ramana Maharshi you and I, who found brilliant gurus who made their lives meaningful, have the tithi lorded by either AK himself or by BK. What does it mean?

I am leaving all the lists to give a final push to the TP book. So I will be totally off from the lists from Guru Pournima till Janmashtami. If you dig the sunrise verse of Varahamihira by then, we can discuss it after Janmashtami.

Can you cc the reply to pvr?

Your grateful sishya,

Narasimha