IndiaDivine.org

Narasimha Ji - AshtakaVarga Calc Problem, Need Your Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Raghunath,

If you want to match JHora calculations with those of an author of a book, first you must first understand what the author is doing and then change all the relevant settings! You have not given enough information to me on the views of the author of the book you are using and I simply had to deduce them by trial and error.

When you use bhava/chalita chakra for AV, the house system used is vital. You did not mention what house system YOU used and what house system the AUTHOR used. If both are different, the calculations would of course be different.

From the pictures in the word document you enclosed, I figured out (by trial and error) that you are using Placidus houses, normally used by KP followers.

By trial and error, I deduced that the author of the book you are using must have used Sripathi (Porphyry) houses. Saturn is in 9th with Placidus houses and in 8th with equal houses or Sripathi houses. However, with equal houses, Jupiter's house would change. Thus, I concluded based on the calculations you reproduced from the book that the author used Porphyry/Sripathi houses.

When I changed to Sripathi houses, Saturn moved from 9th to 8th and BAV calculations of all planets except Moon matched.

When you find discrepancies in Moon and Venus BAVs (and none else), please realize that it can be due to the Parasara vs Varahamihira controversy. Parasara's teachings differ from Varahamihira's teachings in the BAVs of Venus and Moon. By trial and error, I see that this author follows Parasara in Venus BAV and follows Varahamihira on one discrepancy and Parasara on another in Moon BAV.

Open the ashtakavarga calculation options (ALT-P, C, V). In the dialog box, there is a section for "Parasara-Varahamihira Discrepancy". There are six checkboxes there. Uncheck the first two and leave the last four checked.

All the seven ashtakavargas reproduced by you match with JHora then. However, differences in sodhya pinda do remain. I have not investigated that further. There may be differences in some sodhanas between JHora and the author you are reading. JHora does not give any options related to the sodhanas. JHora just implements my understanding of the sodhanas. If I understand the views of this author in future, I can add necessary options. I may consider that in future if you tell me who is this author and what is this book. For now, I can only offer a match in the seven ashtakavargas.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

PS: If anybody needs help with JHora, the best thing is to send a mail to jhora instead of vedic astrology and sohamsa .

-------------------------------Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org-------------------------------

-

Raghunatha RaoNemani

Vedic Astrology Group ; Sohamsa Sohamsa ; NarasimhaRao PV ; NarasimhaRao PV

Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:31 PM

Narasimha Ji - AshtakaVarga Calc Problem, Need Your Help

Om Krishna Guru

Namaste Narasimha Ji, Gurus and Learned Members,

I ) I am struggling for the past 2 days to get the same Ashtakavarga bindus using JHora and try to match the following example in a Book. I could not go further in my studies on this example and need your help in moving forward.

The birth details provided in example are as follows:-

Date : September 14, 1874

Local Time: 23:52:30

Place: 76 E 52' 00", 10 N 45' 00"

Palghat, India

Ayanamsa Used in this Example : 22 Deg 5' 9"

Sunrise : 5:53 L.T

SunSet : 5:58 L.T

Steps I have taken so far to match this example with JHora options as follows:-

1) Used the above birth details and checked (used) the USE LMT Option.

2) I have used the Custom Ayanamsa by reducing 1' 10" from Lahiri to match the above example.

3) Still, I could not match the Sunrise and Sunset values with the book by JHora.

4) Used the Bhava/Chalita Chart and then used the corresponding Ashtaka Varga Charts and bindus which are shown below.

II) The following Values, I got from the JHora:-

III) The following Values are given in the example:-

Some of the above are not matching, including Sodhya Pinda values too.

Can you please help me on what optinons I should change in Jhora to match all the values given in the example with Jhora, so that I can continue my studies further.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Raghunatha Rao

P.S: I do not know, whether I am able to copy and paste the entire message with the images of the Ashtakavarga, hence I have attached a word docment containing all the information for your help.

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.