IndiaDivine.org

upachaya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Lakshmi-ji, Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent. Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those through the activities of which the growth in the given house occurs. 3rd-skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-overall activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further motivation for growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given house). 3-6-10-11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which leads to overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally fruits.Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for activities and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house produces some good and some bad.6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and hence it is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna, intelligence will be there (or personal growth through application of intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native will be required to fight by the use of his intelligence.A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any house) will disturb the significance of this house and to the houses to which it acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the 5th house depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the 7th house (to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice versa. Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and 4-10 relationships between houses, in which one acts as the upachaya of another.Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also elsewhere).Hope this helps a little if at all.Best regards,Sourav================================================sohamsa , "lakshmikary" <lakshmikary> wrote:>> Hare Krishna> Dear Sanjay,> PLease tell us the real meaning of "Upachaya". > I always heard that it is a"growing house" or that the significations > get better with time.> The house significations grow, > but what happens to any planets within them?> Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed within an > upachaya then what happens "with time" to the planet and its > significations??> For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and more > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house "expands"> there must be more to it,> I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is always > expanding.But please explain further.> Please illuminate.> With regards,> Lakshmi>

Hare Krishna

Dear Sourav,

Thank-you for your input.

What happens to planets that are in upachaya that are suffering in

maranakaraka stan.? Do they suffer more with time, or less.

6th house has to do with shadripus. Where does this fit in?

There is some other concept im trying to understand but it is

alluding me, perhaps im not expressing my questions properly.

There is also the effect of vipareet yoga when lord of dustana is in

a dustana ,etc. and person , through some suffering gets some good

effect. But as time goes on if in a upachaya what happens to the

effect? Increases, decreases?

with regards,

Lakshmi

sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " <souravc108>

wrote:

>

>

> || Hare Rama Krishna ||

>

> Dear Lakshmi-ji,

>

> Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent.

Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those through

the activities of which the growth in the given house occurs. 3rd-

skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-overall

activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further motivation for

growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given house). 3-6-10-

11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which leads to

overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally fruits.

>

> Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for activities

and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house produces

some good and some bad.

>

> 6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and hence it

is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna, intelligence

will be there (or personal growth through application of

intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native will be

required to fight by the use of his intelligence.

>

> A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any house) will

disturb the significance of this house and to the houses to which it

acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the 5th house

depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the 7th house

(to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice versa.

Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and 4-10

relationships between houses, in which one acts as the upachaya of

another.

>

> Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also elsewhere).

>

> Hope this helps a little if at all.

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sourav

>

> ================================================

> sohamsa , " lakshmikary " <lakshmikary>

wrote:

> >

> > Hare Krishna

> > Dear Sanjay,

> > PLease tell us the real meaning of " Upachaya " .

> > I always heard that it is a " growing house " or that the

significations

> > get better with time.

> > The house significations grow,

> > but what happens to any planets within them?

> > Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed

within an

> > upachaya then what happens " with time " to the planet and its

> > significations??

> > For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and

more

> > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house " expands "

> > there must be more to it,

> > I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is

always

> > expanding.But please explain further.

> > Please illuminate.

> > With regards,

> > Lakshmi

> >

>

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Lakshmi-ji, Namaskar. Once again I expand on my understanding, and hope I may be corrected as needed. I believe your question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is upachaya +other characteristics of the house?The first one I already covered to the extent of my understanding. Upachayas don't really indicate alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or areas of life) that regulate overall growth of the person. The growth here refers to that in material-physical plane. It is certainly not spiritual growth (as 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is what Upachaya is.Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3, Sloka 33. Santhanam Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest of the houses are Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of the native. Hence Upachayas have characteristics which are key for growth. I hope I conveyed the idea.Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential (like an electrical Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped depends upon the players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the planets conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the house, planets giving argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy, which I find most suitable: A house is a particular project, the planets in the house are workers in this project, planets aspecting the house are external participants/consultants, the lord of the house is the personnel manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the project manager. Please note that more than one projects can be going on simultaneously in a house.Now, your question was regarding other characteristics of a house/graha viz., MKS, debilitation, etc. MKS is a position which the graha dislikes to be in (its a wrong project for him to participate in). Hence, it is not comfortable at all and this results in weakness and inability to manage own houses and karakatvas (located in some other houses). If the rasi is a friendly rasi and if the aspects/conjunctions are good, the MKS house will somehow survive but the houses/karakatvas of this graha is still lacking strength. Sanjay-ji said that MKS of kroora grahas is a bit better than MKS of saumya grahas as although the MKS house suffers, the karakatvas of the kroora grahas (i.e. those that give trouble) suffer too and hence is a benefit to the native overall. But again, MKS is not to be confused with VRY and is far from it.Coming to the 6H in particular, it is both an upachaya (a difficult upachaya among the 4 upachaya houses) as well as is a trik-bhava involving the evils of shad-ripu, ememies, and disease. The good aspects are (i)service and (ii) application of skills to overcoming obstacles. All these projects are simultaneously going on in the 6H and one needs to understand which of these projects can contribute to the growth on the native - not all of them can. Whether the projects are hampered or boosted by participation of various grahas is a different issue altogether and needs to be analysed. So 3,6,10,11 are the upachaya houses as upachaya-projects or growth-projects are going on in these houses specifically. Now, if you ask whether these projects are successful or expanding etc., one needs to look at the players and their intentions (i.e. their own lordships/avasthas etc.)A badly placed planet will badly contribute to the project(s). I will add something more for the Vipareet yoga issue with an upachaya. Lets say Shani-dev is the 12-th lord and is sitting in the 6H giving Vipareet yoga. Now Shani's karakatva indicated its agenda is hard labor, discipline etc. and its lordship indicates its other agenda to be give losses of some kinds. Now Shani when he participates in the "enemies" project may give losses to the enemies or reduce enmity or give the native the strength/skill to strike hard on the enemies; it retrograde it might reverse its position and after near-defeat the enemies might get strength. While participating in the project of "seva" it gives good ability for routine and disciplined work. While participating in the "diseases" project Shani could be quite tough as he is 'disease-incarnate' (pls. ref. to BPHS for details of diseases). In "shad-ripu project" rajasik/tamasik planets are bad and Shani there can make one licentious (Saravali). In this way various planets can contribute to projects going on in a house.I hope I could convey my understanding and would be corrected whereever necessary.Best wishes,Sourav=====================================================sohamsa , "lakshmikary" <lakshmikary> wrote:>> Hare Krishna> Dear Sourav,> Thank-you for your input.> What happens to planets that are in upachaya that are suffering in > maranakaraka stan.? Do they suffer more with time, or less.> 6th house has to do with shadripus. Where does this fit in?> There is some other concept im trying to understand but it is > alluding me, perhaps im not expressing my questions properly.> There is also the effect of vipareet yoga when lord of dustana is in > a dustana ,etc. and person , through some suffering gets some good > effect. But as time goes on if in a upachaya what happens to the > effect? Increases, decreases?> with regards,> Lakshmi> sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury" souravc108 > wrote:> >> > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent. > Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those through > the activities of which the growth in the given house occurs. 3rd-> skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-overall > activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further motivation for > growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given house). 3-6-10-> 11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which leads to > overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally fruits.> > > > Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for activities > and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house produces > some good and some bad.> > > > 6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and hence it > is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna, intelligence > will be there (or personal growth through application of > intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native will be > required to fight by the use of his intelligence.> > > > A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any house) will > disturb the significance of this house and to the houses to which it > acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the 5th house > depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the 7th house > (to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice versa. > Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and 4-10 > relationships between houses, in which one acts as the upachaya of > another.> > > > Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also elsewhere).> > > > Hope this helps a little if at all.> > > > Best regards,> > > > Sourav> > > > ================================================> > sohamsa , "lakshmikary" lakshmikary > wrote:> > >> > > Hare Krishna> > > Dear Sanjay,> > > PLease tell us the real meaning of "Upachaya". > > > I always heard that it is a"growing house" or that the > significations > > > get better with time.> > > The house significations grow, > > > but what happens to any planets within them?> > > Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed > within an > > > upachaya then what happens "with time" to the planet and its > > > significations??> > > For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and > more > > > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house "expands"> > > there must be more to it,> > > I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is > always > > > expanding.But please explain further.> > > Please illuminate.> > > With regards,> > > Lakshmi> > >> >>

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Lakshmi, Namaskar

It is also through the upachaya houses that the limited amont of

free-will is excercised. Notice also that in the natural horoscope,

the 3rd & 6th are ruled by Budha and the 10th & 11th are ruled by

Shani - the two napunsaka planets!

regards

viswanadham

On 11/7/05, lakshmikary <lakshmikary wrote:

> Hare Krishna

> Dear Sanjay,

> PLease tell us the real meaning of " Upachaya " .

> I always heard that it is a " growing house " or that the significations

> get better with time.

> The house significations grow,

> but what happens to any planets within them?

> Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed within an

> upachaya then what happens " with time " to the planet and its

> significations??

> For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and more

> enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house " expands "

> there must be more to it,

> I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is always

> expanding.But please explain further.

> Please illuminate.

> With regards,

> Lakshmi

*tat savitur varenyam*

>

>

>

>

>

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji, Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2 upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and two are from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two ayanas/directions that humans are typically motivated for. For this reason, my idea is that upachayas are for growth in material/physical plane only. Could be ?Best regards,Sourav===========================================================================================sohamsa , "sanjayprabhakaran" <sanjaychettiar@g...> wrote:>> || Gurave Namah ||> Dear Friends,> > Let me give my understanding,> > Upacaya, is from upa+caya> 'upa' means "go near", "approach"> 'caya' means "collect", "pile up", "coverup" etc> > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect karma and other> significations. > > So obviously we want good things to increase. The "good" can be> defined either by "Natural Good" or "Lord ship good".> The Nodes particularly like "Rahu" denote increase or growth> materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and increase in> spirituality etc.> > So we have some yogas like.> Based on Natural benefics> Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations. > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all the benefices occupy> the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.> This yoga produces an individual who is extremely wealthy and enjoys> comforts while staying at home.> > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as the natural benefics> indicate the general nature in society.> > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they are trines and when> combined with quadrant they are best)> > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.> > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h | > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||> > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King, Comforts. If rahu> with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.> > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau yogakArakasaMyute | > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH || 62||> > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic division sign and house,> gives good Karma fruits.> > > > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe lagnAdupachaye.api vA> | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h || 15||> > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with Yogakaaraka gives> occomplishment of all objectives.> > > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahayutexite | > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||> rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h | karoti> sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||> > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined benefic in friendly> divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka. > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals, pleasures, wealth,> spouce, children etc increasingly.> > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahasamanvite | > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h || 51||> > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre shubhagrahayutexite | > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||> > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h pashuxetrAdisambhavaH> | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA bhavet.h || 38||> > > So, On.> > > Hopefully this explains.> > Warm Regards> Sanjay P> > Ref: > BPHS> http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology.html> > > > > > > sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury" souravc108> wrote:> >> > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my> understanding, and hope I may be corrected as needed. I believe your> question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is upachaya +other> characteristics of the house?> > > > The first one I already covered to the extent of my understanding.> Upachayas don't really indicate alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the> arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or areas of life) that> regulate overall growth of the person. The growth here refers to that> in material-physical plane. It is certainly not spiritual growth (as> 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is what Upachaya is.> > > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3, Sloka 33. Santhanam> Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest of the houses are> Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of the native. Hence> Upachayas have characteristics which are key for growth. I hope I> conveyed the idea.> > > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential (like an electrical> Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped depends upon the> players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the planets> conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the house, planets giving> argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy, which I find most> suitable: A house is a particular project, the planets in the house> are workers in this project, planets aspecting the house are external> participants/consultants, the lord of the house is the personnel> manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the project manager.> Please note that more than one projects can be going on > simultaneously in a house.> > > > Now, your question was regarding other characteristics of a> house/graha viz., MKS, debilitation, etc. MKS is a position which the> graha dislikes to be in (its a wrong project for him to participate> in). Hence, it is not comfortable at all and this results in weakness> and inability to manage own houses and karakatvas (located in some> other houses). If the rasi is a friendly rasi and if the> aspects/conjunctions are good, the MKS house will somehow survive but> the houses/karakatvas of this graha is still lacking strength.> Sanjay-ji said that MKS of kroora grahas is a bit better than MKS of> saumya grahas as although the MKS house suffers, the karakatvas of the> kroora grahas (i.e. those that give trouble) suffer too and hence is a> benefit to the native overall. But again, MKS is not to be confused> with VRY and is far from it.> > > > Coming to the 6H in particular, it is both an upachaya (a difficult> upachaya among the 4 upachaya houses) as well as is a trik-bhava> involving the evils of shad-ripu, ememies, and disease. The good> aspects are (i)service and (ii) application of skills to overcoming> obstacles. All these projects are simultaneously going on in the 6H> and one needs to understand which of these projects can contribute to> the growth on the native - not all of them can. Whether the projects> are hampered or boosted by participation of various grahas is a> different issue altogether and needs to be analysed. So 3,6,10,11 are> the upachaya houses as upachaya-projects or growth-projects are going> on in these houses specifically. Now, if you ask whether these> projects are successful or expanding etc., one needs to look at the> players and their intentions (i.e. their own lordships/avasthas etc.)A> badly placed planet will badly contribute to the project(s). > > > > I will add something more for the Vipareet yoga issue with an> upachaya. Lets say Shani-dev is the 12-th lord and is sitting in the> 6H giving Vipareet yoga. Now Shani's karakatva indicated its agenda is> hard labor, discipline etc. and its lordship indicates its other> agenda to be give losses of some kinds. Now Shani when he participates> in the "enemies" project may give losses to the enemies or reduce> enmity or give the native the strength/skill to strike hard on the> enemies; it retrograde it might reverse its position and after> near-defeat the enemies might get strength. While participating in the> project of "seva" it gives good ability for routine and disciplined> work. While participating in the "diseases" project Shani could be> quite tough as he is 'disease-incarnate' (pls. ref. to BPHS for> details of diseases). In "shad-ripu project" rajasik/tamasik planets> are bad and Shani there can make one licentious (Saravali). In this> way various planets can contribute to projects going on in a house.> > > > I hope I could convey my understanding and would be corrected> whereever necessary.> > > > Best wishes,> > > > Sourav> > > > =====================================================> > > > > > sohamsa , "lakshmikary" lakshmikary wrote:> > >> > > Hare Krishna> > > Dear Sourav,> > > Thank-you for your input.> > > What happens to planets that are in upachaya that are suffering in > > > maranakaraka stan.? Do they suffer more with time, or less.> > > 6th house has to do with shadripus. Where does this fit in?> > > There is some other concept im trying to understand but it is > > > alluding me, perhaps im not expressing my questions properly.> > > There is also the effect of vipareet yoga when lord of dustana is in > > > a dustana ,etc. and person , through some suffering gets some good > > > effect. But as time goes on if in a upachaya what happens to the > > > effect? Increases, decreases?> > > with regards,> > > Lakshmi> > > sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury" souravc108 > > > wrote:> > > >> > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > > > > > Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent. > > > Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those through > > > the activities of which the growth in the given house occurs. 3rd-> > > skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-overall > > > activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further motivation for > > > growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given house). 3-6-10-> > > 11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which leads to > > > overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally fruits.> > > > > > > > Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for activities > > > and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house produces > > > some good and some bad.> > > > > > > > 6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and hence it > > > is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna, intelligence > > > will be there (or personal growth through application of > > > intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native will be > > > required to fight by the use of his intelligence.> > > > > > > > A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any house) will > > > disturb the significance of this house and to the houses to which it > > > acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the 5th house > > > depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the 7th house > > > (to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice versa. > > > Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and 4-10 > > > relationships between houses, in which one acts as the upachaya of > > > another.> > > > > > > > Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also elsewhere).> > > > > > > > Hope this helps a little if at all.> > > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > > > Sourav> > > > > > > > ================================================> > > > sohamsa , "lakshmikary" lakshmikary > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Hare Krishna> > > > > Dear Sanjay,> > > > > PLease tell us the real meaning of "Upachaya". > > > > > I always heard that it is a"growing house" or that the > > > significations > > > > > get better with time.> > > > > The house significations grow, > > > > > but what happens to any planets within them?> > > > > Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed > > > within an > > > > > upachaya then what happens "with time" to the planet and its > > > > > significations??> > > > > For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and > > > more > > > > > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house "expands"> > > > > there must be more to it,> > > > > I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is > > > always > > > > > expanding.But please explain further.> > > > > Please illuminate.> > > > > With regards,> > > > > Lakshmi> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear Sourav,

How about this,

There are 4 Upacayas,

When you see 4, You can see ChaturArtha or Chaturvarna. Knowing

this makes one Chatur(worldy clever). The 4 is created by Moon.

4 indicates division of labour for any purpose namely,

Dharma - Rules understanding at 3(trine) levels.

Artha - Resource Gathering

Kaama - Partners for Purpose and Enjoyment of purpose itself.

Moksha - Fulfilment or attainment of Purpose.

Those are the Chaturaatha.

Upchaya indicates

So now can I divide Upchayas in as the self Will exerted by Humans in each

phase of activity?.

Here for each Upachaya,

3 - Parakrama Dharma, The 7th house from 9th, The partnering with teachers to

understand Dharma. The D3 Is ruled by 3 Rishi's Narada, Durvaasa and Agasti.

6 - Six Bala and Brahmacharya - The activity of self will for overcoming Kaama.

10 - The Heavens the provider of All resources Artha. The Karma done to gather

the resources.

11- Ekadasha Rudra presided by Shankara. The Hara staana. The giver of

Fulfilment and all gains.

Count 3,6,10, 11 from all house and see the self effort for growth (upachaya) .

Warm Regards

Sanjay P

sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " <souravc108> wrote:

>

>

>

> Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,

>

> Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2 upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and

two are from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two ayanas/directions that

humans are typically motivated for. For this reason, my idea is that upachayas

are for growth in material/physical plane only. Could be ?

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sourav

>

>

================================================================================\

===========

>

>

> sohamsa , " sanjayprabhakaran " sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:

> >

> > || Gurave Namah ||

> > Dear Friends,

> >

> > Let me give my understanding,

> >

> > Upacaya, is from upa+caya

> > 'upa' means " go near " , " approach "

> > 'caya' means " collect " , " pile up " , " coverup " etc

> >

> > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect karma and other

> > significations.

> >

> > So obviously we want good things to increase. The " good " can be

> > defined either by " Natural Good " or " Lord ship good " .

> > The Nodes particularly like " Rahu " denote increase or growth

> > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and increase in

> > spirituality etc.

> >

> > So we have some yogas like.

> > Based on Natural benefics

> > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations.

> > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all the benefices occupy

> > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.

> > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely wealthy and enjoys

> > comforts while staying at home.

> >

> > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as the natural benefics

> > indicate the general nature in society.

> >

> > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they are trines and when

> > combined with quadrant they are best)

> >

> > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.

> >

> > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h |

> > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||

> >

> > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King, Comforts. If rahu

> > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.

> >

> > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau yogakArakasaMyute |

> > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH || 62||

> >

> > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic division sign and house,

> > gives good Karma fruits.

> >

> >

> >

> > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe lagnAdupachaye.api vA

> > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h || 15||

> >

> > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with Yogakaaraka gives

> > occomplishment of all objectives.

> >

> >

> > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahayutexite |

> > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||

> > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h | karoti

> > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||

> >

> > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined benefic in friendly

> > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka.

> > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals, pleasures, wealth,

> > spouce, children etc increasingly.

> >

> > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahasamanvite |

> > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h || 51||

> >

> > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre shubhagrahayutexite |

> > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||

> >

> > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h pashuxetrAdisambhavaH

> > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA bhavet.h || 38||

> >

> >

> > So, On.

> >

> >

> > Hopefully this explains.

> >

> > Warm Regards

> > Sanjay P

> >

> > Ref:

> > BPHS

> >

http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_sociology_astro\

logy.html

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " souravc108

> > wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||

> > >

> > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > >

> > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my

> > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as needed. I believe your

> > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is upachaya +other

> > characteristics of the house?

> > >

> > > The first one I already covered to the extent of my understanding.

> > Upachayas don't really indicate alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the

> > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or areas of life) that

> > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth here refers to that

> > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not spiritual growth (as

> > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is what Upachaya is.

> > >

> > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3, Sloka 33. Santhanam

> > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest of the houses are

> > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of the native. Hence

> > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for growth. I hope I

> > conveyed the idea.

> > >

> > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential (like an electrical

> > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped depends upon the

> > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the planets

> > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the house, planets giving

> > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy, which I find most

> > suitable: A house is a particular project, the planets in the house

> > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the house are external

> > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is the personnel

> > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the project manager.

> > Please note that more than one projects can be going on

> > simultaneously in a house.

> > >

> > > Now, your question was regarding other characteristics of a

> > house/graha viz., MKS, debilitation, etc. MKS is a position which the

> > graha dislikes to be in (its a wrong project for him to participate

> > in). Hence, it is not comfortable at all and this results in weakness

> > and inability to manage own houses and karakatvas (located in some

> > other houses). If the rasi is a friendly rasi and if the

> > aspects/conjunctions are good, the MKS house will somehow survive but

> > the houses/karakatvas of this graha is still lacking strength.

> > Sanjay-ji said that MKS of kroora grahas is a bit better than MKS of

> > saumya grahas as although the MKS house suffers, the karakatvas of the

> > kroora grahas (i.e. those that give trouble) suffer too and hence is a

> > benefit to the native overall. But again, MKS is not to be confused

> > with VRY and is far from it.

> > >

> > > Coming to the 6H in particular, it is both an upachaya (a difficult

> > upachaya among the 4 upachaya houses) as well as is a trik-bhava

> > involving the evils of shad-ripu, ememies, and disease. The good

> > aspects are (i)service and (ii) application of skills to overcoming

> > obstacles. All these projects are simultaneously going on in the 6H

> > and one needs to understand which of these projects can contribute to

> > the growth on the native - not all of them can. Whether the projects

> > are hampered or boosted by participation of various grahas is a

> > different issue altogether and needs to be analysed. So 3,6,10,11 are

> > the upachaya houses as upachaya-projects or growth-projects are going

> > on in these houses specifically. Now, if you ask whether these

> > projects are successful or expanding etc., one needs to look at the

> > players and their intentions (i.e. their own lordships/avasthas etc.)A

> > badly placed planet will badly contribute to the project(s).

> > >

> > > I will add something more for the Vipareet yoga issue with an

> > upachaya. Lets say Shani-dev is the 12-th lord and is sitting in the

> > 6H giving Vipareet yoga. Now Shani's karakatva indicated its agenda is

> > hard labor, discipline etc. and its lordship indicates its other

> > agenda to be give losses of some kinds. Now Shani when he participates

> > in the " enemies " project may give losses to the enemies or reduce

> > enmity or give the native the strength/skill to strike hard on the

> > enemies; it retrograde it might reverse its position and after

> > near-defeat the enemies might get strength. While participating in the

> > project of " seva " it gives good ability for routine and disciplined

> > work. While participating in the " diseases " project Shani could be

> > quite tough as he is 'disease-incarnate' (pls. ref. to BPHS for

> > details of diseases). In " shad-ripu project " rajasik/tamasik planets

> > are bad and Shani there can make one licentious (Saravali). In this

> > way various planets can contribute to projects going on in a house.

> > >

> > > I hope I could convey my understanding and would be corrected

> > whereever necessary.

> > >

> > > Best wishes,

> > >

> > > Sourav

> > >

> > > =====================================================

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , " lakshmikary " lakshmikary wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Hare Krishna

> > > > Dear Sourav,

> > > > Thank-you for your input.

> > > > What happens to planets that are in upachaya that are suffering in

> > > > maranakaraka stan.? Do they suffer more with time, or less.

> > > > 6th house has to do with shadripus. Where does this fit in?

> > > > There is some other concept im trying to understand but it is

> > > > alluding me, perhaps im not expressing my questions properly.

> > > > There is also the effect of vipareet yoga when lord of dustana is in

> > > > a dustana ,etc. and person , through some suffering gets some good

> > > > effect. But as time goes on if in a upachaya what happens to the

> > > > effect? Increases, decreases?

> > > > with regards,

> > > > Lakshmi

> > > > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " souravc108

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent.

> > > > Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those through

> > > > the activities of which the growth in the given house occurs. 3rd-

> > > > skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-overall

> > > > activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further motivation for

> > > > growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given house). 3-6-10-

> > > > 11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which leads to

> > > > overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally fruits.

> > > > >

> > > > > Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for activities

> > > > and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house produces

> > > > some good and some bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > 6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and hence it

> > > > is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna, intelligence

> > > > will be there (or personal growth through application of

> > > > intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native will be

> > > > required to fight by the use of his intelligence.

> > > > >

> > > > > A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any house) will

> > > > disturb the significance of this house and to the houses to which it

> > > > acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the 5th house

> > > > depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the 7th house

> > > > (to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice versa.

> > > > Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and 4-10

> > > > relationships between houses, in which one acts as the upachaya of

> > > > another.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also elsewhere).

> > > > >

> > > > > Hope this helps a little if at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best regards,

> > > > >

> > > > > Sourav

> > > > >

> > > > > ================================================

> > > > > sohamsa , " lakshmikary " lakshmikary

> > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hare Krishna

> > > > > > Dear Sanjay,

> > > > > > PLease tell us the real meaning of " Upachaya " .

> > > > > > I always heard that it is a " growing house " or that the

> > > > significations

> > > > > > get better with time.

> > > > > > The house significations grow,

> > > > > > but what happens to any planets within them?

> > > > > > Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly placed

> > > > within an

> > > > > > upachaya then what happens " with time " to the planet and its

> > > > > > significations??

> > > > > > For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more disease and

> > > > more

> > > > > > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th house " expands "

> > > > > > there must be more to it,

> > > > > > I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence as it is

> > > > always

> > > > > > expanding.But please explain further.

> > > > > > Please illuminate.

> > > > > > With regards,

> > > > > > Lakshmi

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Hare Krishna

Dear Sanjay P.

Thank-you, so much please continue on this thread , the lights are

coming on..

Lakshmi

sohamsa , " sanjayprabhakaran "

<sanjaychettiar@g...> wrote:

>

> Dear Sourav,

>

> How about this,

>

> There are 4 Upacayas,

> When you see 4, You can see ChaturArtha or Chaturvarna. Knowing

> this makes one Chatur(worldy clever). The 4 is created by Moon.

>

> 4 indicates division of labour for any purpose namely,

>

> Dharma - Rules understanding at 3(trine) levels.

> Artha - Resource Gathering

> Kaama - Partners for Purpose and Enjoyment of purpose itself.

> Moksha - Fulfilment or attainment of Purpose.

>

> Those are the Chaturaatha.

>

> Upchaya indicates

>

> So now can I divide Upchayas in as the self Will exerted by

Humans in each phase of activity?.

> Here for each Upachaya,

>

> 3 - Parakrama Dharma, The 7th house from 9th, The partnering

with teachers to understand Dharma. The D3 Is ruled by 3 Rishi's

Narada, Durvaasa and Agasti.

>

> 6 - Six Bala and Brahmacharya - The activity of self will for

overcoming Kaama.

>

> 10 - The Heavens the provider of All resources Artha. The Karma

done to gather the resources.

>

> 11- Ekadasha Rudra presided by Shankara. The Hara staana. The

giver of Fulfilment and all gains.

>

> Count 3,6,10, 11 from all house and see the self effort for growth

(upachaya) .

>

> Warm Regards

> Sanjay P

>

>

> sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

<souravc108> wrote:

> >

> >

> > || Hare Rama Krishna ||

> >

> > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,

> >

> > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2 upachayas are from kama Trikona

(3,11) and two are from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two

ayanas/directions that humans are typically motivated for. For this

reason, my idea is that upachayas are for growth in

material/physical plane only. Could be ?

> >

> > Best regards,

> >

> > Sourav

> >

> >

=====================================================================

======================

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " sanjayprabhakaran "

sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:

> > >

> > > || Gurave Namah ||

> > > Dear Friends,

> > >

> > > Let me give my understanding,

> > >

> > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya

> > > 'upa' means " go near " , " approach "

> > > 'caya' means " collect " , " pile up " , " coverup " etc

> > >

> > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect karma and

other

> > > significations.

> > >

> > > So obviously we want good things to increase. The " good " can be

> > > defined either by " Natural Good " or " Lord ship good " .

> > > The Nodes particularly like " Rahu " denote increase or growth

> > > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and increase in

> > > spirituality etc.

> > >

> > > So we have some yogas like.

> > > Based on Natural benefics

> > > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations.

> > > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all the benefices

occupy

> > > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.

> > > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely wealthy and

enjoys

> > > comforts while staying at home.

> > >

> > > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as the natural

benefics

> > > indicate the general nature in society.

> > >

> > > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they are trines

and when

> > > combined with quadrant they are best)

> > >

> > > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi rAjaprItikaraM

sukham.h |

> > > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||

> > >

> > > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King, Comforts.

If rahu

> > > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau yogakArakasaMyute |

> > > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH || 62||

> > >

> > > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic division sign and

house,

> > > gives good Karma fruits.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe

lagnAdupachaye.api vA

> > > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h || 15||

> > >

> > > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with Yogakaaraka

gives

> > > occomplishment of all objectives.

> > >

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahayutexite |

> > > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||

> > > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h | karoti

> > > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||

> > >

> > > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined benefic in

friendly

> > > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka.

> > > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals, pleasures,

wealth,

> > > spouce, children etc increasingly.

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau shubhagrahasamanvite |

> > > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h || 51||

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre shubhagrahayutexite

|

> > > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||

> > >

> > > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h

pashuxetrAdisambhavaH

> > > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA bhavet.h || 38||

> > >

> > >

> > > So, On.

> > >

> > >

> > > Hopefully this explains.

> > >

> > > Warm Regards

> > > Sanjay P

> > >

> > > Ref:

> > > BPHS

> > >

http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_soci

ology_astrology.html

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

souravc108

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||

> > > >

> > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > > >

> > > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my

> > > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as needed. I

believe your

> > > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is upachaya +other

> > > characteristics of the house?

> > > >

> > > > The first one I already covered to the extent of my

understanding.

> > > Upachayas don't really indicate alleviation/aggravation w.r.t.

the

> > > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or areas of life)

that

> > > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth here refers

to that

> > > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not spiritual

growth (as

> > > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is what Upachaya

is.

> > > >

> > > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3, Sloka 33.

Santhanam

> > > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest of the houses

are

> > > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of the native.

Hence

> > > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for growth. I

hope I

> > > conveyed the idea.

> > > >

> > > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential (like an

electrical

> > > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped depends upon

the

> > > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the planets

> > > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the house, planets

giving

> > > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy, which I

find most

> > > suitable: A house is a particular project, the planets in the

house

> > > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the house are

external

> > > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is the

personnel

> > > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the project

manager.

> > > Please note that more than one projects can be going on

> > > simultaneously in a house.

> > > >

> > > > Now, your question was regarding other characteristics of a

> > > house/graha viz., MKS, debilitation, etc. MKS is a position

which the

> > > graha dislikes to be in (its a wrong project for him to

participate

> > > in). Hence, it is not comfortable at all and this results in

weakness

> > > and inability to manage own houses and karakatvas (located in

some

> > > other houses). If the rasi is a friendly rasi and if the

> > > aspects/conjunctions are good, the MKS house will somehow

survive but

> > > the houses/karakatvas of this graha is still lacking strength.

> > > Sanjay-ji said that MKS of kroora grahas is a bit better than

MKS of

> > > saumya grahas as although the MKS house suffers, the

karakatvas of the

> > > kroora grahas (i.e. those that give trouble) suffer too and

hence is a

> > > benefit to the native overall. But again, MKS is not to be

confused

> > > with VRY and is far from it.

> > > >

> > > > Coming to the 6H in particular, it is both an upachaya (a

difficult

> > > upachaya among the 4 upachaya houses) as well as is a trik-

bhava

> > > involving the evils of shad-ripu, ememies, and disease. The

good

> > > aspects are (i)service and (ii) application of skills to

overcoming

> > > obstacles. All these projects are simultaneously going on in

the 6H

> > > and one needs to understand which of these projects can

contribute to

> > > the growth on the native - not all of them can. Whether the

projects

> > > are hampered or boosted by participation of various grahas is a

> > > different issue altogether and needs to be analysed. So

3,6,10,11 are

> > > the upachaya houses as upachaya-projects or growth-projects

are going

> > > on in these houses specifically. Now, if you ask whether these

> > > projects are successful or expanding etc., one needs to look

at the

> > > players and their intentions (i.e. their own

lordships/avasthas etc.)A

> > > badly placed planet will badly contribute to the project(s).

> > > >

> > > > I will add something more for the Vipareet yoga issue with an

> > > upachaya. Lets say Shani-dev is the 12-th lord and is sitting

in the

> > > 6H giving Vipareet yoga. Now Shani's karakatva indicated its

agenda is

> > > hard labor, discipline etc. and its lordship indicates its

other

> > > agenda to be give losses of some kinds. Now Shani when he

participates

> > > in the " enemies " project may give losses to the enemies or

reduce

> > > enmity or give the native the strength/skill to strike hard on

the

> > > enemies; it retrograde it might reverse its position and after

> > > near-defeat the enemies might get strength. While

participating in the

> > > project of " seva " it gives good ability for routine and

disciplined

> > > work. While participating in the " diseases " project Shani

could be

> > > quite tough as he is 'disease-incarnate' (pls. ref. to BPHS for

> > > details of diseases). In " shad-ripu project " rajasik/tamasik

planets

> > > are bad and Shani there can make one licentious (Saravali). In

this

> > > way various planets can contribute to projects going on in a

house.

> > > >

> > > > I hope I could convey my understanding and would be corrected

> > > whereever necessary.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Sourav

> > > >

> > > > =====================================================

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa , " lakshmikary "

lakshmikary wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Hare Krishna

> > > > > Dear Sourav,

> > > > > Thank-you for your input.

> > > > > What happens to planets that are in upachaya that are

suffering in

> > > > > maranakaraka stan.? Do they suffer more with time, or less.

> > > > > 6th house has to do with shadripus. Where does this fit in?

> > > > > There is some other concept im trying to understand but it

is

> > > > > alluding me, perhaps im not expressing my questions

properly.

> > > > > There is also the effect of vipareet yoga when lord of

dustana is in

> > > > > a dustana ,etc. and person , through some suffering gets

some good

> > > > > effect. But as time goes on if in a upachaya what happens

to the

> > > > > effect? Increases, decreases?

> > > > > with regards,

> > > > > Lakshmi

> > > > > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

souravc108

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Namaskar. Offering my 1 cent.

> > > > > Upachayas (3,6,10,11 houses) from a given house are those

through

> > > > > the activities of which the growth in the given house

occurs. 3rd-

> > > > > skills,vikrama, 6th-overcoming obstacles/seva, 10th-

overall

> > > > > activities, 11-th fulfillment which gives further

motivation for

> > > > > growth (and also argalas to 10th and lagna/the given

house). 3-6-10-

> > > > > 11 forms a nice chain starting with skills/desires which

leads to

> > > > > overcoming obstacles creating karma/activities and finally

fruits.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Malefics in these houses strengthen/motivate/push for

activities

> > > > > and hence gains. However, as always, Malefics in a house

produces

> > > > > some good and some bad.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 6-th house is an upachaya as well as a trik bhava and

hence it

> > > > > is 'trik'y to analyse it somehow. If it is pakalagna,

intelligence

> > > > > will be there (or personal growth through application of

> > > > > intelligence). However, it also indicates that the native

will be

> > > > > required to fight by the use of his intelligence.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A badly placed graha in an upachaya (just like in any

house) will

> > > > > disturb the significance of this house and to the houses

to which it

> > > > > acts as upachaya. For example, if a bad graha is in the

5th house

> > > > > depriving the native from sukha derived from children, the

7th house

> > > > > (to which 5th acts as upachaya) is hampered. Also vice

versa.

> > > > > Upachaya is a nice concept to understand the 3-11, 6-8 and

4-10

> > > > > relationships between houses, in which one acts as the

upachaya of

> > > > > another.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sanjay-ji gave some hints in in COVA 10.1.3 (and also

elsewhere).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hope this helps a little if at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best regards,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sourav

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ================================================

> > > > > > sohamsa , " lakshmikary "

lakshmikary

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hare Krishna

> > > > > > > Dear Sanjay,

> > > > > > > PLease tell us the real meaning of " Upachaya " .

> > > > > > > I always heard that it is a " growing house " or that the

> > > > > significations

> > > > > > > get better with time.

> > > > > > > The house significations grow,

> > > > > > > but what happens to any planets within them?

> > > > > > > Im peticulairly interested when some planet is badly

placed

> > > > > within an

> > > > > > > upachaya then what happens " with time " to the planet

and its

> > > > > > > significations??

> > > > > > > For example, one is likely to incur more debts, more

disease and

> > > > > more

> > > > > > > enemies as life progresses.Is that how the 6th

house " expands "

> > > > > > > there must be more to it,

> > > > > > > I understand that LL in 6th is good for intelligence

as it is

> > > > > always

> > > > > > > expanding.But please explain further.

> > > > > > > Please illuminate.

> > > > > > > With regards,

> > > > > > > Lakshmi

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

::Hare Rama Krsna::

Some interesting points about Upachayas.

- Sourav,

> For this reason, my idea is that

> upachayas are for growth in material/physical plane

> only.

But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th. This is

growth of intelligence, which I would not really

consider to be material/physical.

Respectfully,

Michal.

::Om Namo Narayanaya::

--- Sourav Chowdhury <souravc108 wrote:

>

>

> Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,

>

>

> Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2

> upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and two are

> from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two

> ayanas/directions that humans are typically

> motivated for. Could be ?

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sourav

>

>

================================================================================\

===========

>

>

> sohamsa , " sanjayprabhakaran "

> <sanjaychettiar@g...> wrote:

> >

> > || Gurave Namah ||

> > Dear Friends,

> >

> > Let me give my understanding,

> >

> > Upacaya, is from upa+caya

> > 'upa' means " go near " , " approach "

> > 'caya' means " collect " , " pile up " , " coverup " etc

> >

> > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect

> karma and other

> > significations.

> >

> > So obviously we want good things to increase. The

> " good " can be

> > defined either by " Natural Good " or " Lord ship

> good " .

> > The Nodes particularly like " Rahu " denote increase

> or growth

> > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and

> increase in

> > spirituality etc.

> >

> > So we have some yogas like.

> > Based on Natural benefics

> > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations.

> > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all

> the benefices occupy

> > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.

> > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely

> wealthy and enjoys

> > comforts while staying at home.

> >

> > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as

> the natural benefics

> > indicate the general nature in society.

> >

> > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they

> are trines and when

> > combined with quadrant they are best)

> >

> > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.

> >

> > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi

> rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h |

> > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||

> >

> > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King,

> Comforts. If rahu

> > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.

> >

> > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau

> yogakArakasaMyute |

> > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH

> || 62||

> >

> > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic

> division sign and house,

> > gives good Karma fruits.

> >

> >

> >

> > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe

> lagnAdupachaye.api vA

> > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h

> || 15||

> >

> > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with

> Yogakaaraka gives

> > occomplishment of all objectives.

> >

> >

> > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau

> shubhagrahayutexite |

> > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||

> > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h |

> karoti

> > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||

> >

> > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined

> benefic in friendly

> > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka.

> > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals,

> pleasures, wealth,

> > spouce, children etc increasingly.

> >

> > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau

> shubhagrahasamanvite |

> > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h ||

> 51||

> >

> > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre

> shubhagrahayutexite |

> > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||

> >

> > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h

> pashuxetrAdisambhavaH

> > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA

> bhavet.h || 38||

> >

> >

> > So, On.

> >

> >

> > Hopefully this explains.

> >

> > Warm Regards

> > Sanjay P

> >

> > Ref:

> > BPHS

> >

>

http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_sociology_astro\

logy.html

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

> souravc108

> > wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > >

> > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my

> > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as

> needed. I believe your

> > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is

> upachaya +other

> > characteristics of the house?

> > >

> > > The first one I already covered to the extent of

> my understanding.

> > Upachayas don't really indicate

> alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the

> > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or

> areas of life) that

> > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth

> here refers to that

> > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not

> spiritual growth (as

> > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is

> what Upachaya is.

> > >

> > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3,

> Sloka 33. Santhanam

> > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest

> of the houses are

> > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of

> the native. Hence

> > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for

> growth. I hope I

> > conveyed the idea.

> > >

> > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential

> (like an electrical

> > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped

> depends upon the

> > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the

> planets

> > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the

> house, planets giving

> > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy,

> which I find most

> > suitable: A house is a particular project, the

> planets in the house

> > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the

> house are external

> > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is

> the personnel

> > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the

> project manager.

> > Please note that more than one projects can be

> going

=== message truncated ===

FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one

click.

http://farechase.

FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.

http://farechase.

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Michal, namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or growth through the application of intelligence ? Intelligence doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of maaya/ignorance covering intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's house in the natural zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances natives ability to apply his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian qualities) to overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The reason why I suggested upachayas to be material/physical is that they are not related to spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean material/physical in a gross sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice angles which I am still trying to digest. Hope to receive more good inputs from you and others.Best wishes,Sourav============================================================================= sohamsa , Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal> wrote:>> ::Hare Rama Krsna::> > Some interesting points about Upachayas.> > - Sourav, > > For this reason, my idea is that> > upachayas are for growth in material/physical plane> > only. > > But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th. This is> growth of intelligence, which I would not really> consider to be material/physical.> > Respectfully,> Michal.> > :m Namo Narayanaya::> > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,> > > > > > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2> > upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and two are> > from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two> > ayanas/directions that humans are typically> > motivated for. Could be ?> > > > Best regards,> > > > Sourav> > > >> ===========================================================================================> > > > > > sohamsa , "sanjayprabhakaran"> > sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:> > >> > > || Gurave Namah ||> > > Dear Friends,> > > > > > Let me give my understanding,> > > > > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya> > > 'upa' means "go near", "approach"> > > 'caya' means "collect", "pile up", "coverup" etc> > > > > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect> > karma and other> > > significations. > > > > > > So obviously we want good things to increase. The> > "good" can be> > > defined either by "Natural Good" or "Lord ship> > good".> > > The Nodes particularly like "Rahu" denote increase> > or growth> > > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and> > increase in> > > spirituality etc.> > > > > > So we have some yogas like.> > > Based on Natural benefics> > > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations. > > > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all> > the benefices occupy> > > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.> > > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely> > wealthy and enjoys> > > comforts while staying at home.> > > > > > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as> > the natural benefics> > > indicate the general nature in society.> > > > > > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they> > are trines and when> > > combined with quadrant they are best)> > > > > > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.> > > > > > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi> > rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h | > > > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||> > > > > > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King,> > Comforts. If rahu> > > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.> > > > > > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau> > yogakArakasaMyute | > > > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH> > || 62||> > > > > > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic> > division sign and house,> > > gives good Karma fruits.> > > > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe> > lagnAdupachaye.api vA> > > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h> > || 15||> > > > > > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with> > Yogakaaraka gives> > > occomplishment of all objectives.> > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau> > shubhagrahayutexite | > > > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||> > > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h |> > karoti> > > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||> > > > > > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined> > benefic in friendly> > > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka. > > > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals,> > pleasures, wealth,> > > spouce, children etc increasingly.> > > > > > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau> > shubhagrahasamanvite | > > > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h ||> > 51||> > > > > > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre> > shubhagrahayutexite | > > > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||> > > > > > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h> > pashuxetrAdisambhavaH> > > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA> > bhavet.h || 38||> > > > > > > > > So, On.> > > > > > > > > Hopefully this explains.> > > > > > Warm Regards> > > Sanjay P> > > > > > Ref: > > > BPHS> > >> >> http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology.html> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury"> > souravc108> > > wrote:> > > >> > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > > > > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my> > > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as> > needed. I believe your> > > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is> > upachaya +other> > > characteristics of the house?> > > > > > > > The first one I already covered to the extent of> > my understanding.> > > Upachayas don't really indicate> > alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the> > > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or> > areas of life) that> > > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth> > here refers to that> > > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not> > spiritual growth (as> > > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is> > what Upachaya is.> > > > > > > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3,> > Sloka 33. Santhanam> > > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest> > of the houses are> > > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of> > the native. Hence> > > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for> > growth. I hope I> > > conveyed the idea.> > > > > > > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential> > (like an electrical> > > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped> > depends upon the> > > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the> > planets> > > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the> > house, planets giving> > > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy,> > which I find most> > > suitable: A house is a particular project, the> > planets in the house> > > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the> > house are external> > > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is> > the personnel> > > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the> > project manager.> > > Please note that more than one projects can be> > going > === message truncated ===> > > > > > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one> click.> http://farechase.> > > > > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.> http://farechase.>

Hare Krishna

Dear Sourav,

Check up on yogas that have to do with great intelligence.

Several have to do with 6th house and lord.Food for thought.

Like LL in 6th house.

Best Wishes

Lakshmi

-- In sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " <souravc108>

wrote:

>

>

>

> Dear Michal,

>

> namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or

growth through the application of intelligence ? Intelligence

doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of maaya/ignorance covering

intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's house in the natural

zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances natives ability to apply

his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian qualities) to

overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The reason why I suggested

upachayas to be material/physical is that they are not related to

spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean material/physical in a gross

sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.

>

> Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice angles which I am still

trying to digest. Hope to receive more good inputs from you and

others.

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Sourav

>

>

========

>

>

>

>

> sohamsa , Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal>

wrote:

> >

> > ::Hare Rama Krsna::

> >

> > Some interesting points about Upachayas.

> >

> > - Sourav,

> > > For this reason, my idea is that

> > > upachayas are for growth in material/physical plane

> > > only.

> >

> > But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th. This is

> > growth of intelligence, which I would not really

> > consider to be material/physical.

> >

> > Respectfully,

> > Michal.

> >

> > ::Om Namo Narayanaya::

> >

> > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,

> > >

> > >

> > > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2

> > > upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and two are

> > > from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two

> > > ayanas/directions that humans are typically

> > > motivated for. Could be ?

> > >

> > > Best regards,

> > >

> > > Sourav

> > >

> > >

> >

======================

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , " sanjayprabhakaran "

> > > sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:

> > > >

> > > > || Gurave Namah ||

> > > > Dear Friends,

> > > >

> > > > Let me give my understanding,

> > > >

> > > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya

> > > > 'upa' means " go near " , " approach "

> > > > 'caya' means " collect " , " pile up " , " coverup " etc

> > > >

> > > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect

> > > karma and other

> > > > significations.

> > > >

> > > > So obviously we want good things to increase. The

> > > " good " can be

> > > > defined either by " Natural Good " or " Lord ship

> > > good " .

> > > > The Nodes particularly like " Rahu " denote increase

> > > or growth

> > > > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and

> > > increase in

> > > > spirituality etc.

> > > >

> > > > So we have some yogas like.

> > > > Based on Natural benefics

> > > > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations.

> > > > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all

> > > the benefices occupy

> > > > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.

> > > > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely

> > > wealthy and enjoys

> > > > comforts while staying at home.

> > > >

> > > > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as

> > > the natural benefics

> > > > indicate the general nature in society.

> > > >

> > > > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they

> > > are trines and when

> > > > combined with quadrant they are best)

> > > >

> > > > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi

> > > rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h |

> > > > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||

> > > >

> > > > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King,

> > > Comforts. If rahu

> > > > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau

> > > yogakArakasaMyute |

> > > > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH

> > > || 62||

> > > >

> > > > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic

> > > division sign and house,

> > > > gives good Karma fruits.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe

> > > lagnAdupachaye.api vA

> > > > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h

> > > || 15||

> > > >

> > > > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with

> > > Yogakaaraka gives

> > > > occomplishment of all objectives.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau

> > > shubhagrahayutexite |

> > > > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||

> > > > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h |

> > > karoti

> > > > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||

> > > >

> > > > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined

> > > benefic in friendly

> > > > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka.

> > > > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals,

> > > pleasures, wealth,

> > > > spouce, children etc increasingly.

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau

> > > shubhagrahasamanvite |

> > > > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h ||

> > > 51||

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre

> > > shubhagrahayutexite |

> > > > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||

> > > >

> > > > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h

> > > pashuxetrAdisambhavaH

> > > > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA

> > > bhavet.h || 38||

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So, On.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hopefully this explains.

> > > >

> > > > Warm Regards

> > > > Sanjay P

> > > >

> > > > Ref:

> > > > BPHS

> > > >

> > >

> >

http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_soci

ology_astrology.html

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

> > > souravc108

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my

> > > > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as

> > > needed. I believe your

> > > > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is

> > > upachaya +other

> > > > characteristics of the house?

> > > > >

> > > > > The first one I already covered to the extent of

> > > my understanding.

> > > > Upachayas don't really indicate

> > > alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the

> > > > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or

> > > areas of life) that

> > > > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth

> > > here refers to that

> > > > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not

> > > spiritual growth (as

> > > > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is

> > > what Upachaya is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3,

> > > Sloka 33. Santhanam

> > > > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest

> > > of the houses are

> > > > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of

> > > the native. Hence

> > > > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for

> > > growth. I hope I

> > > > conveyed the idea.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential

> > > (like an electrical

> > > > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped

> > > depends upon the

> > > > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the

> > > planets

> > > > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the

> > > house, planets giving

> > > > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy,

> > > which I find most

> > > > suitable: A house is a particular project, the

> > > planets in the house

> > > > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the

> > > house are external

> > > > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is

> > > the personnel

> > > > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the

> > > project manager.

> > > > Please note that more than one projects can be

> > > going

> > === message truncated ===

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one

> > click.

> > http://farechase.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.

> > http://farechase.

> >

>

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Lakshmi-ji, Namaskar. Yes, but I couldn't clearly understand the direction you want me to think in. What I am trying to understand is that great intelligence is different from growing intelligence day by day. To my understanding, great intelligence is an inborn trait. Significators of intelligence and ability to learn/adapt/apply are Jupiter and Mercury. Lagna and lord represent the intelligence and 5th house and lords are responsibly for refinement of this faculty. How the intelligence works( i.e. which direction it takes and how well it takes) depends on Pakalagna. If these are weak, 6th house cannot help. If the karakas and or lagnesha are weak there is no money to invest in the "project" and the project is doomed to failure.Involvement of Lagna with 6th sets up the stage for intelligence to find a direction (of unearthing secrets or research - 6H project). Hence this yoga is good for deep study and understanding and expanding research.This yoga should not only be seen from Lagna but also from AK and AL.Hence lagnesha in 6th house doesn't mean, to my understanding, super good intelligence but it indicates the direction of application of intelligence, more specifically, research capabilities.In my own chart, Lagnesha Me is in 6th house with 6th lord Ke in the 10th house aspecting Lagna by rasi drishti completing the Dhimantah yoga. Further, 3L and 5L are aspecting the Lagna and Ju sitting in the lagna is aspecting them and also the 5th house. All these indicate that I would be curious enough to understand deeper meanings of things. Strength of Lagna/Lagnesha + benefic/malefic aspects on it, strength of Ju+ benefic/maelfic aspects on it, strength of 5H +benefic/malefic aspects on it -- all these will determine "how much" intelligence I have, i.e. how refined/strong my intelligence is.Robert-ji in his new book gave a nice summary of Dhimantah Yoga and two-layered significances of 6th house. Visti-ji's exposition of Dhimantah yoga is also nice.Please rectify me if my understanding is lacking or if I am not thinking in the directions you hinted.Best regards,Sourav======================================================sohamsa , "lakshmikary" <lakshmikary> wrote:>> Hare Krishna> Dear Sourav,> Check up on yogas that have to do with great intelligence.> Several have to do with 6th house and lord.Food for thought.> Like LL in 6th house.> Best Wishes> Lakshmi> -- In sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury" souravc108 > wrote:> >> > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > Dear Michal,> > > > namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or > growth through the application of intelligence ? Intelligence > doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of maaya/ignorance covering > intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's house in the natural > zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances natives ability to apply > his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian qualities) to > overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The reason why I suggested > upachayas to be material/physical is that they are not related to > spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean material/physical in a gross > sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.> > > > Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice angles which I am still > trying to digest. Hope to receive more good inputs from you and > others.> > > > Best wishes,> > > > Sourav> > > > > =====================================================================> ========> > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , Michal Dziwulski nearmichal > wrote:> > >> > > ::Hare Rama Krsna::> > > > > > Some interesting points about Upachayas.> > > > > > - Sourav, > > > > For this reason, my idea is that> > > > upachayas are for growth in material/physical plane> > > > only. > > > > > > But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th. This is> > > growth of intelligence, which I would not really> > > consider to be material/physical.> > > > > > Respectfully,> > > Michal.> > > > > > :m Namo Narayanaya::> > > > > > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,> > > > > > > > > > > > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2> > > > upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and two are> > > > from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the two> > > > ayanas/directions that humans are typically> > > > motivated for. Could be ?> > > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > > > Sourav> > > > > > > >> > > > =====================================================================> ======================> > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , "sanjayprabhakaran"> > > > sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:> > > > >> > > > > || Gurave Namah ||> > > > > Dear Friends,> > > > > > > > > > Let me give my understanding,> > > > > > > > > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya> > > > > 'upa' means "go near", "approach"> > > > > 'caya' means "collect", "pile up", "coverup" etc> > > > > > > > > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to collect> > > > karma and other> > > > > significations. > > > > > > > > > > So obviously we want good things to increase. The> > > > "good" can be> > > > > defined either by "Natural Good" or "Lord ship> > > > good".> > > > > The Nodes particularly like "Rahu" denote increase> > > > or growth> > > > > materially. Ketu gives increase in Good Karma and> > > > increase in> > > > > spirituality etc.> > > > > > > > > > So we have some yogas like.> > > > > Based on Natural benefics> > > > > Refer BV Ramans 300 Imp combinations. > > > > > Vasumna (Vasumati) Yoga:It is produced When all> > > > the benefices occupy> > > > > the Upachaya houses from the Moon or Lagna.> > > > > This yoga produces an individual who is extremely> > > > wealthy and enjoys> > > > > comforts while staying at home.> > > > > > > > > > So Benefics are conducive to better experience as> > > > the natural benefics> > > > > indicate the general nature in society.> > > > > > > > > > Lordship based benefic is called Yogakaaraka (they> > > > are trines and when> > > > > combined with quadrant they are best)> > > > > > > > > > Now, Consider all the quotes from BPHS.> > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(209): dehArogyaM manastushhTi> > > > rAjaprItikaraM sukham.h | > > > > > lagnAdupachaye rAhau yogakArakasaMyute || 25||> > > > > > > > > > Good Health, Mental well being, Favours from King,> > > > Comforts. If rahu> > > > > with yogakaaraka in upacaya from Lagna.> > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(283): lagnAdupachaye ketau> > > > yogakArakasaMyute | > > > > > shubhAMshe shubhavarge cha shubhakarmaphalodayaH> > > > || 62||> > > > > > > > > > Ketu in upachaya with Yogakaaraka in benefic> > > > division sign and house,> > > > > gives good Karma fruits.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(341): shubhayukte shubhairdR^ishhTe> > > > lagnAdupachaye.api vA> > > > > | yogakArakasambandhe sarvakAryArthasiddhikR^it.h> > > > || 15||> > > > > > > > > > Conjoined Good lords or aspected an upacaya with> > > > Yogakaaraka gives> > > > > occomplishment of all objectives.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(621): lagnAdupachaye rAhau> > > > shubhagrahayutexite | > > > > > mitrAMshe tuN^gabhAgAMshe yogakArakasaMyute || 3||> > > > > rAjyalAbhaM mahotsAhaM rAjaprItiM shubhAvaham.h |> > > > karoti> > > > > sukhasampattiM dAraputrAdivarddhanam.h || 4||> > > > > > > > > > Upacaya from lagna has Rahu aspected or conjoined> > > > benefic in friendly> > > > > divisionals, exalted division with Yogakaaraka. > > > > > Gives Kingdom, Happiness, Favours from Royals,> > > > pleasures, wealth,> > > > > spouce, children etc increasingly.> > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(1225): lagnAdupachaye rAhau> > > > shubhagrahasamanvite | > > > > > rAjasaMlApasantoshho nUtanaprabhudarshanam.h ||> > > > 51||> > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(1451): lagnAdyupachaye shukre> > > > shubhagrahayutexite | > > > > > mitrAMshe tuN^galAbheshayogalArakasaMyute || 7||> > > > > > > > > > par5160.itx(1514): yAtuH kAryArthasiddhiH syAt.h> > > > pashuxetrAdisambhavaH> > > > > | lagnAdyupachaye rAhau tad.hbhuktiH sukhadA> > > > bhavet.h || 38||> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, On.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hopefully this explains.> > > > > > > > > > Warm Regards> > > > > Sanjay P> > > > > > > > > > Ref: > > > > > BPHS> > > > >> > > >> > > > http://sanskrit.gde.to/doc_z_misc_sociology_astrology/doc_z_misc_soci> ology_astrology.html> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury"> > > > souravc108> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > > > > > > > > > Namaskar. Once again I expand on my> > > > > understanding, and hope I may be corrected as> > > > needed. I believe your> > > > > question is (1) What is upachaya ? (2) What is> > > > upachaya +other> > > > > characteristics of the house?> > > > > > > > > > > > The first one I already covered to the extent of> > > > my understanding.> > > > > Upachayas don't really indicate> > > > alleviation/aggravation w.r.t. the> > > > > arrow of the time. Upachayas are the houses (or> > > > areas of life) that> > > > > regulate overall growth of the person. The growth> > > > here refers to that> > > > > in material-physical plane. It is certainly not> > > > spiritual growth (as> > > > > 8H/tapasya would then be involved). So this is> > > > what Upachaya is.> > > > > > > > > > > > Infact, Sri Kalyan Varma in Saravali (Ch. 3,> > > > Sloka 33. Santhanam> > > > > Translation) goes as far as saying that the rest> > > > of the houses are> > > > > Anupachayas or not directly conducive to growth of> > > > the native. Hence> > > > > Upachayas have characteristics which are key for> > > > growth. I hope I> > > > > conveyed the idea.> > > > > > > > > > > > Now, each house/rasi represents a Potential> > > > (like an electrical> > > > > Battery) and how well/ill this resource is tapped> > > > depends upon the> > > > > players (i.e. the karaka(s) of the house, the> > > > planets> > > > > conjoining/aspecting the house, the lord of the> > > > house, planets giving> > > > > argala.) Infact, taking up Narasimha-ji's analogy,> > > > which I find most> > > > > suitable: A house is a particular project, the> > > > planets in the house> > > > > are workers in this project, planets aspecting the> > > > house are external> > > > > participants/consultants, the lord of the house is> > > > the personnel> > > > > manager, and the karaka(s) of the house are the> > > > project manager.> > > > > Please note that more than one projects can be> > > > going > > > === message truncated ===> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one> > > click.> > > http://farechase.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.> > > http://farechase.> > >> >>

Dear Saurav,

Can you elaborate more on Dhimanta yoga and timing

of its fructification?

My Lagna is also Mithun and Budh is in 6th (Vrishchik)

with AK Shukra (6th is to MKS for Shukra). The 6th

co-lord Ketu is in Lagna with 8th and 9th Lord Shani

(Lagna is MKS of Shani). Lagna lord Budh is also

aspected by 6th co-lord Mangal from 11th.

Apart from 2 planets in MKS my chart has two planets

(Surya nad Guru) in debility.

I'm attaching my chart...

Thanks

-rajneesh

>

>

> Dear Lakshmi-ji,

>

> Namaskar. Yes, but I

> couldn't clearly understand the direction you want

> me to think in.

>

> What I am trying to understand is that great

> intelligence is different from growing intelligence

> day by day. To my understanding, great intelligence

> is an inborn trait. Significators of intelligence

> and ability to learn/adapt/apply are Jupiter and

> Mercury. Lagna and lord represent the intelligence

> and 5th house and lords are responsibly for

> refinement of this faculty. How the intelligence

> works( i.e. which direction it takes and how well it

> takes) depends on Pakalagna. If these are weak, 6th

> house cannot help. If the karakas and or lagnesha

> are weak there is no money to invest in the

> " project " and the project is doomed to failure.

>

> Involvement of Lagna with 6th sets up the stage for

> intelligence to find a direction (of unearthing

> secrets or research - 6H project). Hence this yoga

> is good for deep study and understanding and

> expanding research.This yoga should not only be seen

> from Lagna but also from AK and AL.

>

> Hence lagnesha in 6th house doesn't mean, to my

> understanding, super good intelligence but it

> indicates the direction of application of

> intelligence, more specifically, research

> capabilities.

>

> In my own chart, Lagnesha Me is in 6th house with

> 6th lord Ke in the 10th house aspecting Lagna by

> rasi drishti completing the Dhimantah yoga. Further,

> 3L and 5L are aspecting the Lagna and Ju sitting in

> the lagna is aspecting them and also the 5th house.

> All these indicate that I would be curious enough to

> understand deeper meanings of things. Strength of

> Lagna/Lagnesha + benefic/malefic aspects on it,

> strength of Ju+ benefic/maelfic aspects on it,

> strength of 5H +benefic/malefic aspects on it --

> all these will determine " how much " intelligence I

> have, i.e. how refined/strong my intelligence is.

>

> Robert-ji in his new book gave a nice summary of

> Dhimantah Yoga and two-layered significances of 6th

> house. Visti-ji's exposition of Dhimantah yoga is

> also nice.

>

> Please rectify me if my understanding is lacking or

> if I am not thinking in the directions you hinted.

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sourav

>

>

======================================================

>

>

> sohamsa , " lakshmikary "

> <lakshmikary> wrote:

> >

> > Hare Krishna

> > Dear Sourav,

> > Check up on yogas that have to do with great

> intelligence.

> > Several have to do with 6th house and lord.Food

> for thought.

> > Like LL in 6th house.

> > Best Wishes

> > Lakshmi

> > -- In sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury "

> souravc108

> > wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Michal,

> > >

> > > namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or

> > growth through the application of intelligence ?

> Intelligence

> > doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of

> maaya/ignorance covering

> > intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's house

> in the natural

> > zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances natives

> ability to apply

> > his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian

> qualities) to

> > overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The reason

> why I suggested

> > upachayas to be material/physical is that they are

> not related to

> > spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean

> material/physical in a gross

> > sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.

> > >

> > > Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice angles

> which I am still

> > trying to digest. Hope to receive more good inputs

> from you and

> > others.

> > >

> > > Best wishes,

> > >

> > > Sourav

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> > ========

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , Michal Dziwulski

> nearmichal

> > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > ::Hare Rama Krsna::

> > > >

> > > > Some interesting points about Upachayas.

> > > >

> > > > - Sourav,

> > > > > For this reason, my idea is that

> > > > > upachayas are for growth in

> material/physical plane

> > > > > only.

> > > >

> > > > But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th.

> This is

> > > > growth of intelligence, which I would not

> really

> > > > consider to be material/physical.

> > > >

> > > > Respectfully,

> > > > Michal.

> > > >

> > > > ::Om Namo Narayanaya::

> > > >

> > > > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2

> > > > > upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and

> two are

> > > > > from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the

> two

> > > > > ayanas/directions that humans are typically

> > > > > motivated for. Could be ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Best regards,

> > > > >

> > > > > Sourav

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

>

> > ======================

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > sohamsa ,

> " sanjayprabhakaran "

> > > > > sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > || Gurave Namah ||

> > > > > > Dear Friends,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let me give my understanding,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya

> > > > > > 'upa' means " go near " , " approach "

> > > > > > 'caya' means " collect " , " pile up " ,

> " coverup " etc

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to

> collect

> > > > > karma and other

> > > > > > significations.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So obviously we want good things to

> increase. The

> > > > > " good " can be

> > > > > > defined either by " Natural Good " or " Lord

> ship

> > > > > good " .

> > > > > > The Nodes particularly like " Rahu " denote

> increase

>

=== message truncated ===

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Rajneesh-ji, Namaskar. Can you kindly post your birthdata (not attachment) as some of the members including myself do not receive attachments. If not me, some of the learned members will respond to your query.Best regards,Sourav======================================================sohamsa , Rajneesh Bajpai <brajneesh> wrote:>> Dear Saurav,> Can you elaborate more on Dhimanta yoga and timing> of its fructification?> > My Lagna is also Mithun and Budh is in 6th (Vrishchik)> with AK Shukra (6th is to MKS for Shukra). The 6th> co-lord Ketu is in Lagna with 8th and 9th Lord Shani> (Lagna is MKS of Shani). Lagna lord Budh is also> aspected by 6th co-lord Mangal from 11th. > > Apart from 2 planets in MKS my chart has two planets> (Surya nad Guru) in debility.> > I'm attaching my chart...> Thanks> -rajneesh> > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,> > > > Namaskar. Yes, but I> > couldn't clearly understand the direction you want> > me to think in. > > > > What I am trying to understand is that great> > intelligence is different from growing intelligence> > day by day. To my understanding, great intelligence> > is an inborn trait. Significators of intelligence> > and ability to learn/adapt/apply are Jupiter and> > Mercury. Lagna and lord represent the intelligence> > and 5th house and lords are responsibly for> > refinement of this faculty. How the intelligence> > works( i.e. which direction it takes and how well it> > takes) depends on Pakalagna. If these are weak, 6th> > house cannot help. If the karakas and or lagnesha> > are weak there is no money to invest in the> > "project" and the project is doomed to failure.> > > > Involvement of Lagna with 6th sets up the stage for> > intelligence to find a direction (of unearthing> > secrets or research - 6H project). Hence this yoga> > is good for deep study and understanding and> > expanding research.This yoga should not only be seen> > from Lagna but also from AK and AL.> > > > Hence lagnesha in 6th house doesn't mean, to my> > understanding, super good intelligence but it> > indicates the direction of application of> > intelligence, more specifically, research> > capabilities.> > > > In my own chart, Lagnesha Me is in 6th house with> > 6th lord Ke in the 10th house aspecting Lagna by> > rasi drishti completing the Dhimantah yoga. Further,> > 3L and 5L are aspecting the Lagna and Ju sitting in> > the lagna is aspecting them and also the 5th house.> > All these indicate that I would be curious enough to> > understand deeper meanings of things. Strength of> > Lagna/Lagnesha + benefic/malefic aspects on it,> > strength of Ju+ benefic/maelfic aspects on it,> > strength of 5H +benefic/malefic aspects on it --> > all these will determine "how much" intelligence I> > have, i.e. how refined/strong my intelligence is.> > > > Robert-ji in his new book gave a nice summary of> > Dhimantah Yoga and two-layered significances of 6th> > house. Visti-ji's exposition of Dhimantah yoga is> > also nice.> > > > Please rectify me if my understanding is lacking or> > if I am not thinking in the directions you hinted.> > > > Best regards,> > > > Sourav> > > >> ======================================================> > > > > > sohamsa , "lakshmikary"> > lakshmikary wrote:> > >> > > Hare Krishna> > > Dear Sourav,> > > Check up on yogas that have to do with great> > intelligence.> > > Several have to do with 6th house and lord.Food> > for thought.> > > Like LL in 6th house.> > > Best Wishes> > > Lakshmi> > > -- In sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury"> > souravc108 > > > wrote:> > > >> > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > Dear Michal,> > > > > > > > namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or > > > growth through the application of intelligence ?> > Intelligence > > > doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of> > maaya/ignorance covering > > > intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's house> > in the natural > > > zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances natives> > ability to apply > > > his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian> > qualities) to > > > overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The reason> > why I suggested > > > upachayas to be material/physical is that they are> > not related to > > > spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean> > material/physical in a gross > > > sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.> > > > > > > > Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice angles> > which I am still > > > trying to digest. Hope to receive more good inputs> > from you and > > > others.> > > > > > > > Best wishes,> > > > > > > > Sourav> > > > > > > > > > >> >> =====================================================================> > > ========> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa , Michal Dziwulski> > nearmichal > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > ::Hare Rama Krsna::> > > > > > > > > > Some interesting points about Upachayas.> > > > > > > > > > - Sourav, > > > > > > For this reason, my idea is that> > > > > > upachayas are for growth in> > material/physical plane> > > > > > only. > > > > > > > > > > But dhimanta is formed by Lagna lord in 6th.> > This is> > > > > growth of intelligence, which I would not> > really> > > > > consider to be material/physical.> > > > > > > > > > Respectfully,> > > > > Michal.> > > > > > > > > > :m Namo Narayanaya::> > > > > > > > > > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear SanjayP-ji/Vishwanandam-ji,> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Pranma/namaskar. Thanks. Also, 2> > > > > > upachayas are from kama Trikona (3,11) and> > two are> > > > > > from artha trikona (6,10) and these are the> > two> > > > > > ayanas/directions that humans are typically> > > > > > motivated for. Could be ?> > > > > > > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > Sourav> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> >> =====================================================================> > > ======================> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > sohamsa ,> > "sanjayprabhakaran"> > > > > > sanjaychettiar@g... wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > || Gurave Namah ||> > > > > > > Dear Friends,> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Let me give my understanding,> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Upacaya, is from upa+caya> > > > > > > 'upa' means "go near", "approach"> > > > > > > 'caya' means "collect", "pile up",> > "coverup" etc> > > > > > > > > > > > > > So these Bhavanas(Houses) has tendency to> > collect> > > > > > karma and other> > > > > > > significations. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So obviously we want good things to> > increase. The> > > > > > "good" can be> > > > > > > defined either by "Natural Good" or "Lord> > ship> > > > > > good".> > > > > > > The Nodes particularly like "Rahu" denote> > increase> > > === message truncated ===> > > > > > Start your day with - Make it your home page! > http://www./r/hs>

|| Namah Shivay ||

Dear Saurav,

First of, please do not put " ji " with my name, i do

not think i deserve it. Moreover it makes the

discussion more formal..

My birth details:

Oct 25, 1973

Time: 22:03 hrs.

Place: Kanpur, 80E21, 26N28

Could you please send your birth details if possible.

Thanks

-rajneesh

>

>

> Dear Rajneesh-ji,

>

> Namaskar. Can you

> kindly post your birthdata (not attachment) as some

> of the members including myself do not receive

> attachments. If not me, some of the learned members

> will respond to your query.

>

> Best regards,

>

> Sourav

>

>

> sohamsa , Rajneesh Bajpai

> <brajneesh> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Saurav,

> > Can you elaborate more on Dhimanta yoga and timing

> > of its fructification?

> >

> > My Lagna is also Mithun and Budh is in 6th

> (Vrishchik)

> > with AK Shukra (6th is to MKS for Shukra). The 6th

> > co-lord Ketu is in Lagna with 8th and 9th Lord

> Shani

> > (Lagna is MKS of Shani). Lagna lord Budh is also

> > aspected by 6th co-lord Mangal from 11th.

> >

> > Apart from 2 planets in MKS my chart has two

> planets

> > (Surya nad Guru) in debility.

> >

> > I'm attaching my chart...

> > Thanks

> > -rajneesh

> >

> > --- Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Lakshmi-ji,

> > >

> > > Namaskar. Yes, but I

> > > couldn't clearly understand the direction you

> want

> > > me to think in.

> > >

> > > What I am trying to understand is that great

> > > intelligence is different from growing

> intelligence

> > > day by day. To my understanding, great

> intelligence

> > > is an inborn trait. Significators of

> intelligence

> > > and ability to learn/adapt/apply are Jupiter and

> > > Mercury. Lagna and lord represent the

> intelligence

> > > and 5th house and lords are responsibly for

> > > refinement of this faculty. How the intelligence

> > > works( i.e. which direction it takes and how

> well it

> > > takes) depends on Pakalagna. If these are weak,

> 6th

> > > house cannot help. If the karakas and or

> lagnesha

> > > are weak there is no money to invest in the

> > > " project " and the project is doomed to failure.

> > >

> > > Involvement of Lagna with 6th sets up the stage

> for

> > > intelligence to find a direction (of unearthing

> > > secrets or research - 6H project). Hence this

> yoga

> > > is good for deep study and understanding and

> > > expanding research.This yoga should not only be

> seen

> > > from Lagna but also from AK and AL.

> > >

> > > Hence lagnesha in 6th house doesn't mean, to my

> > > understanding, super good intelligence but it

> > > indicates the direction of application of

> > > intelligence, more specifically, research

> > > capabilities.

> > >

> > > In my own chart, Lagnesha Me is in 6th house

> with

> > > 6th lord Ke in the 10th house aspecting Lagna by

> > > rasi drishti completing the Dhimantah yoga.

> Further,

> > > 3L and 5L are aspecting the Lagna and Ju sitting

> in

> > > the lagna is aspecting them and also the 5th

> house.

> > > All these indicate that I would be curious

> enough to

> > > understand deeper meanings of things. Strength

> of

> > > Lagna/Lagnesha + benefic/malefic aspects on it,

> > > strength of Ju+ benefic/maelfic aspects on it,

> > > strength of 5H +benefic/malefic aspects on it --

> > > all these will determine " how much " intelligence

> I

> > > have, i.e. how refined/strong my intelligence

> is.

> > >

> > > Robert-ji in his new book gave a nice summary of

> > > Dhimantah Yoga and two-layered significances of

> 6th

> > > house. Visti-ji's exposition of Dhimantah yoga

> is

> > > also nice.

> > >

> > > Please rectify me if my understanding is lacking

> or

> > > if I am not thinking in the directions you

> hinted.

> > >

> > > Best regards,

> > >

> > > Sourav

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> > >

> > >

> > > sohamsa , " lakshmikary "

> > > lakshmikary wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Hare Krishna

> > > > Dear Sourav,

> > > > Check up on yogas that have to do with great

> > > intelligence.

> > > > Several have to do with 6th house and

> lord.Food

> > > for thought.

> > > > Like LL in 6th house.

> > > > Best Wishes

> > > > Lakshmi

> > > > -- In sohamsa , " Sourav

> Chowdhury "

> > > souravc108

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Michal,

> > > > >

> > > > > namaskar. Growth of Intelligence or

> > > > growth through the application of intelligence

> ?

> > > Intelligence

> > > > doesn't grow day by day. The shrouds of

> > > maaya/ignorance covering

> > > > intelligence inhibits it. 6th house is Me's

> house

> > > in the natural

> > > > zodiac. Pakalagna in this house enhances

> natives

> > > ability to apply

> > > > his learning and adaptive abilities (Mercurian

> > > qualities) to

> > > > overcome obstacles or unearth secrets. The

> reason

> > > why I suggested

> > > > upachayas to be material/physical is that they

> are

> > > not related to

> > > > spiritual areas of life. I didn't mean

> > > material/physical in a gross

> > > > sense. Sorry if it pointed to something else.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sanjay Prabhakaran-ji has given some nice

> angles

> > > which I am still

> > > > trying to digest. Hope to receive more good

> inputs

> > > from you and

> > > > others.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best wishes,

> > > > >

> > > > > Sourav