IndiaDivine.org

Dalai Lama, Tibetan BPHS & Outer Planets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM Datta Guru Dear Members Pranam Does anyone has English or hindi translation of the Tibetan Version of BPHS (Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra) The reason I ask is that a friend of mine met the Dalai Lama a year back and when Sri Dalai Lama saw his chart he started discussing it and then explained few things with the outer planets (Uranus Pluto Neptune). Friend interrupted the Spiritual Leader and said that this is not vedic astrology as in vedic astrology outer planets are not mentioned. Upon this Dalai Lama mentioned that the Version of BPHS they have in that Sage Parasara has clearly mentioned Outer Planets. I personally think that a person of the

calibre of Dalai Lama would not lie about the outer planets & if this BPHS version is true then it might prove often what some nadi texts have said about Outer planets & their usage. It seems the Tibetans guard their astrology texts very sacredly & hence maybe so far an English version so far has not come out nor any book on Kalachakra Dasa from their corner of the world though many elders acknowledge that the real secrets of KCD are with the Tibetans. It is also said that during the mughal invasion of India, many manuscripts of ours were carried to Tibet

via the Afghanistan route & have never come back. Maybe some of you are into Tibetan astrology & might possess a private english work of the translation of their BPHS or might know Tibetan astrology pls mail me privately on suniljohn_2002 shall be indebted. Love & Light, Sunil John Mumbai

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Members,

The late Narendra Desai used to talk about how some old scriptures knew of the 'outer planets', and, he said, that now in the Kali Yuga, it is time to use them. I personally haven't used them because I have wanted to see how Jyotish can address anything that the outer planets would have to do with. They had names. And I believe that the name Yama went with the planet Pluto.

Also, speaking of BPHS, I noticed that Pandit Rath has a version of it on his computer which has the transliteration of the text in addition to the Devanagari text. Can anyone tell me how I might go about getting this software?

Thanks. Lakshman

-

Sunil John

Sohamsa Astrology group

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:24 PM

Dalai Lama, Tibetan BPHS & Outer Planets

OM Datta Guru

Dear Members

Pranam

Does anyone has English or hindi translation of the Tibetan Version of BPHS (Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra)

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine met the Dalai Lama a year back and when Sri Dalai Lama saw his chart he started discussing it and then explained few things with the outer planets (Uranus Pluto Neptune). Friend interrupted the Spiritual Leader and said that this is not vedic astrology as in vedic astrology outer planets are not mentioned. Upon this Dalai Lama mentioned that the Version of BPHS they have in that Sage Parasara has clearly mentioned Outer Planets.

I personally think that a person of the calibre of Dalai Lama would not lie about the outer planets & if this BPHS version is true then it might prove often what some nadi texts have said about Outer planets & their usage.

It seems the Tibetans guard their astrology texts very sacredly & hence maybe so far an English version so far has not come out nor any book on Kalachakra Dasa from their corner of the world though many elders acknowledge that the real secrets of KCD are with the Tibetans. It is also said that during the mughal invasion of India, many manuscripts of ours were carried to Tibet via the Afghanistan route & have never come back.

Maybe some of you are into Tibetan astrology & might possess a private english work of the translation of their BPHS or might know Tibetan astrology pls mail me privately on suniljohn_2002 shall be indebted.

Love & Light,

Sunil John

Mumbai

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Learned Jyotishis: It is true that Tibetan Astrology contains many things not found elsewhere. The same is true of Tibetan Medicine, which is a synthisis of Indian Ayurveda, indigenous Tibetan Medicine, Chinese, Persian and Greek traditional knowledge. Sadly, very little of this material has been translated into English. I had the good fortune to learn one astrology text from a text (that contained 13 volumes of textbooks onreligion, philosophy, medicine, arts, gramar, etc.) that was nearly destroyed. There was only one copy preserved in Tibet. It was secretly copied and brought to the USA. At the time I learned the astrology section, it was being translated orally. (So i never got a hard copy.) Much has been lost, but there is some hope that such texts will be available in English at some time. Historically, many

things from Afganistan were preserved in Tibet, that were lost elsewhere. That makes the destruction of the Buddhas by the Taliban, and the books in Tibet especially sad. Let's pray for the preservation of all this great knowledge for the benefit of humanity. --MarkSunil John <suniljohn_2002 wrote: OM Datta Guru Dear Members Pranam Does anyone has English or hindi translation of the Tibetan Version of BPHS (Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra) The reason I ask is that a friend of mine met the Dalai Lama a year back and when Sri Dalai Lama saw his chart he started discussing it and then explained few things with the outer planets (Uranus Pluto Neptune). Friend interrupted the Spiritual Leader and said that this is not vedic astrology as in vedic astrology outer planets are not mentioned. Upon this Dalai Lama mentioned that the Version of BPHS

they have in that Sage Parasara has clearly mentioned Outer Planets. I personally think that a person of the calibre of Dalai Lama would not lie about the outer planets & if this BPHS version is true then it might prove often what some nadi texts have said about Outer planets & their usage. It seems the Tibetans guard their astrology texts very sacredly & hence maybe so far an English version so far has not come out nor any book on Kalachakra Dasa from their corner of the world though many elders acknowledge that the real secrets of KCD are with the Tibetans. It is also said that during the mughal invasion of India, many manuscripts of ours were carried to Tibet via the Afghanistan route & have never come back. Maybe some of you are into Tibetan astrology & might possess a private english work of the translation of their BPHS or might know Tibetan astrology pls mail me privately on suniljohn_2002 shall be indebted. Love & Light, Sunil John Mumbai New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Dear Sunil,Chandrashekhar ji and respected members

I personally feel,Vedic Jyotish system has been defined,using 7 planets

12 houses and nodes,taking care of all attributes pertaining to a

Jataka.Upagrahas,Gulika/Mandi etc do not have any dasha or ownership

attributed.

Sages have clearly mentioned that 7 planets from Sun through Saturn are

taking care of all attributes from Soul through Oldage/diseases.Thus the

system can be complete,and influence based on distance,may not be the

criterion .

Sun and Moon have distributed the 10 signs,apart from their own signs,to

the remaining 5 planets.Thus Rahu and Ketu do not own any signs.Rahu and

Ketu are the links connecting Soul and Mind.Rahu/Ketu being nodal points

connected to Sun/Moon is confirming this.Also if we check stellar

ownership of Rahu/Ketu we can find the Moksha and Artha pattern,clearly.

Thus i feel as scholars like chandrahari has opined,the system was

defined with a one to one correspondence between pindandam and

brahmandam(micro/macro).Yogis were able to observe breath pattern and

then relate them with the movement speed of planets.As Jyotish is about

events along the cycle of time,they were able to find correspondences

between planets following specific time patterns,and prana.

Still it is an interesting info from Shri Sunil,and it will be worth

investigating,how they were employed.

Respect

Pradeep

sohamsa , Sunil John <suniljohn_2002 wrote:

>

> OM Datta Guru

>

> Dear Members

>

> Pranam

>

> Does anyone has English or hindi translation of the Tibetan Version

of BPHS (Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra)

>

> The reason I ask is that a friend of mine met the Dalai Lama a year

back and when Sri Dalai Lama saw his chart he started discussing it and

then explained few things with the outer planets (Uranus Pluto Neptune).

Friend interrupted the Spiritual Leader and said that this is not vedic

astrology as in vedic astrology outer planets are not mentioned. Upon

this Dalai Lama mentioned that the Version of BPHS they have in that

Sage Parasara has clearly mentioned Outer Planets.

>

> I personally think that a person of the calibre of Dalai Lama would

not lie about the outer planets & if this BPHS version is true then it

might prove often what some nadi texts have said about Outer planets &

their usage.

>

> It seems the Tibetans guard their astrology texts very sacredly &

hence maybe so far an English version so far has not come out nor any

book on Kalachakra Dasa from their corner of the world though many

elders acknowledge that the real secrets of KCD are with the Tibetans.

It is also said that during the mughal invasion of India, many

manuscripts of ours were carried to Tibet via the Afghanistan route &

have never come back.

>

> Maybe some of you are into Tibetan astrology & might possess a

private english work of the translation of their BPHS or might know

Tibetan astrology pls mail me privately on suniljohn_2002 shall be

indebted.

>

> Love & Light,

>

>