IndiaDivine.org

Vastu Q - L-Shape Building

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jaya Jaganantha

Namste to you all

Could someone please help me clear some doubts as to how to interpret L-shaped buildings. Assuming we have an l-shaped building and everything complies with Vastu guidelines except for the NE corner being absent, then one would try and make a correcrtion for the NE Corner as we see everything in a square. I guess a water feature would be a simple rememdy to minimise the Vastu effects, assuming everything else in the building complies.

My doubt arose when I came accross this remedy for which I have no reference of to its authenticity. In this remedy, the property is split in two into a Rectangle and a Square and it is proposed that the Vastu guidelines are applied to each section. As a result, we end up with 2 sacred centres. I understand that each room has a sacred centre, but cant follow how vastu guidelines are applied to each section - see the attached diagram.

Does anyone know of a reference to scriptures or texts which refer to shapes of buildings.

Best Wishes

Bipin

|| Om Gurave Namah | Om Namo Narayanaya||

Namaste,

In a similar case, some one had suggested that the OPEN AREA be enclosed with a wall, at least upto the ground level, to complete teh square/ rectangle.

But, again, I have no authority or source for this suggestion.

Best wishes,

- Shailesh C Chadha

On 2/2/07, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

Jaya Jaganantha

Namste to you all

Could someone please help me clear some doubts as to how to interpret L-shaped buildings. Assuming we have an l-shaped building and everything complies with Vastu guidelines except for the NE corner being absent, then one would try and make a correcrtion for the NE Corner as we see everything in a square. I guess a water feature would be a simple rememdy to minimise the Vastu effects, assuming everything else in the building complies.

My doubt arose when I came accross this remedy for which I have no reference of to its authenticity. In this remedy, the property is split in two into a Rectangle and a Square and it is proposed that the Vastu guidelines are applied to each section. As a result, we end up with 2 sacred centres. I understand that each room has a sacred centre, but cant follow how vastu guidelines are applied to each section - see the attached diagram.

Does anyone know of a reference to scriptures or texts which refer to shapes of buildings.

Best Wishes

Bipin

-- Shailesh Chandra Chadha

scchadha; sccSindhu Corporate Services P. Ltd.; ( www.sindhu.biz)18A, St#11, Lane#2, East Marredpally, Secunderabad[AP] 5000 026, INDIATel.: [+91 40] (O) 2773 3478; 2773 7605(TeleFax); ® 2773 7779; 6564 8254; (Cell) +91 984 999 4837

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Bipin,

Hare Krishna

Firstly, ascertain when the building began and place the vastu purusha head there and see where the NE represents in as far as his body is concerned.

If placing a water feature means you remedy the empty space, it does not. The NE is represented by Guru – both preside over agni and jala tattva. From this samvatsara and yuga, you can obtain the energy that is missing.

Is this a good enough hint?

You can refer to Vishnu Dharmottara about shapes of land and buildings. I think you have it. I visited the publishers in Dec., and was told that you have not been in touch, but assumed that you have told your parents to get them for you. Please get the 3 volumes.

Love,

Swee

On 2/2/07 10:23 AM, " Bipin Prag " <bipinprag wrote:Swee Chan

Jaya Jaganantha

Namste to you all

Best Wishes

Bipin