IndiaDivine.org

Reply to Narasimha: Yogada clarification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OHM SHRI RAGAVENDRAYA NAMAH

JAYA JAGANNATHA

Namaste Narasimha,

I am sorry, for mentioning about the lesson No. After Lesson No. 9, we had only Tatwa lesson. So, I thought that Tatwa lesson should be 10. But, now I checked the Files section. 10th is the Mooladasa lesson. Sorry for creating the confusion.

Regarding the Lordship to be considered for Yogada. Yes, after reading Mr.Karu's reply I wanted to raise this point. But, I was waiting for you to give the answer.

You have very clearly mentioned in the lesson, that in addition to the aspect, conjunction we should consider the ownership. So, ownership should be used as a kind of "relationship". When we see the relationship between a planet and 'Lagna,HL,GL,' we should look at whether, it is aspecting these or conjoined these or owner of these.

It is not mentioned in the lesson that for yogada, a planet should have relation with Lagna, HL, GL and their lords.This is what I understood from the lesson and applied in my answer.

If we consider the planets' relation with these lagna lords, then the number of karta and yogada relationship will double. Am I correct?

Thanks for referring to Yoga banga.

There is always a feeling among the students(including me) that our answers are not corrected. I know, you are busy with developing the software. As this is a simple lesson, if you permit me and if other members do not mind, I will check the answers and reply. The purpose is when I check all of them, I learn in deep.

Thanks

Your sisya

Solai Kannan

Narasimha Rao [pvr]Monday, October 30, 2000 1:07 AMvarahamihira Subject: [sri Guru] Re: Yogada clarificationDear Solai,(1) This is lesson 12. You questioned if it should belesson 11. But lesson 11 is already there in the Filessection. It is regarding tattva.(2) There are different definitions of yogada. Some mayconsider a planet to be a yogada only if it associateswith all the three - lagna, HL and GL. However, to beconsistent with the terminology given by Sanjay in hisUpadesa Sutras book, I call such a planet maha yogada.Names are not important. The concept is important. It isfine, as long as you remember that a planet associatingwith all the three lagnas is *much more powerful* than aplanet associating with only lagna and one of HL and GL.Don't worry about names. For now, follow the terminologyI gave in the lesson.(3) To become a yogada or maha yogada, the association aplanet has with the three lagnas can be conjunction,aspect or even ownership. If Mercury owns GL, occupiesHL and aspects lagna, for example, then he becomes a mahayogada. Some of you are considering aspect/conjunctionwith the lord of these lagnas also! That may be done, buta yoga obtained that way is diluted in power. If, forexample, lagna lord or a planet in lagna aspects HL lord,he is not really a yogada. If the former planet aspects HLinstead of HL lord, he will give much stronger results.(4) If a yogada is combust or debilitated without neechabhanga or defeated in a war or has a yoga bhanga, then hemay not give all the results he promises. For typicalcombinations of yoga bhanga, see Parasara's chapter onraja yogas.(5) I will later respond to the individual attempts asappropriate. Give me a little time. Meanwhile, check youranswers again in the light of point (3) above.(6) Vahe Ganapetyan converted the lesson to a PDF file. Iwill upload it to the Files section in a while.May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> When, I submitted my answer for Vimshotari Dasa Lesson No.8 question 3,> Gurudeva answered as follows, w.r.t. Yogada.> > Pt.Sanjay Rath:"WHY DO YOU SAY YOGADA? DOES IT HAVE INFLUENCE ON ALL> THREE OF LAGNA, GL & HL? WOULD YOU ALSO CONSIDER EXAMINING THE CASE AS TO> WHETHER IT HAS ANY DOSHA OR NOT?"> > You mentioned about the dosha to be considered, while selecting the Yogada.> What are these dhoshas?> I think, you mean that all negative afflictions to the Yogada planet. It can> be combustion or grahayuddha or eclipse. Apart from these, what are the> other dhoshas to be consider for the Yogada?OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html