IndiaDivine.org

Reply to Steve - Re-post of Lesson 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OHM SHRI RAGAVENDRAYA NAMAH

JAYA JAGANNATHA

Namaste Steve,

I am also a beginner student like you. I impressed with your sincerity and dedication. Although, many of the students joined later, they didn't try to attempt the old lessons. But, you did that dutifully and the answers are impressive.

I wrote a mail to Mr.Sarajit, regarding the non-response for the assignment answers, which you might have read. But, I reproduce a part of the mail below for your reference. In this regard, there are 2 points.

1. In this materialistic world, it is very difficult to see people learning vedic and astrology. Among the learned members it is very rare that one become a Pundit. Among the very very few pundits, it is very very very few who will be interested or ready to teach Astrology. Among those, it is one or two, who does as a divine charity. So, it is our Poorvapunya, we have such rare Gurudeva and other Gurus. As we know they have their own, official and personal burdens. Apart from that as an astrologer, they have to read many charts and counsel many people, (because that is the ultimate aim of learning Jyotish). So, the time available for them to spend for us, is less. So, whatever, comes out of that little time, we will try to utilise. If we get more from them or get an answer from them, we are blessed.

I am mentioning about this, because, please do not get upset, if you are not getting a response for your answers. Many of the students are not utilising this great and rare opportunity. Although we are 75 in number, leaving the gurus, only about 10 are actively participating.

2. About the second point regarding this issue, read the following extract of my previous mail.

"Namaste Mr.Sarajit,

I also felt in a similar manner sometime back. Even, Mr.Karu and Mr.Gauranga das also expressed about not answering for the assignments.

I think, we should try to understand the teaching method of our Gurudeva. He is not an ordinary teacher and he is not following the modern methods of easy spoon-fed teaching. He wants us to work hard and think.

If you see starting from 1st lesson, he seldom answered our reply. If our answer is perfect, he replies and appreciate it. Otherwise he is not replying. That means, we are not upto his expectations. It doesn't mean that he is not interested in replying, or he is not having time or he wants to keep the answers as secret. No, what is his intention is, he wants us to dig the truth, the answer, either by thinking, rethinking or by reading more books or by constant prayer.

Most of the time he gives hints and say think. Questions like, why luminaries have lordship of single house instead of 2 houses like other 5 planets? and why the outer planets have special aspects? are all still unanswered. These questions are in the back of my mind always and I look for the answers. I know that Gurudeva will not answer until one of us find the answer. But, he is there to guide us in all aspect. If we are nearer to the answer, he used to say,"you are much closer, think deeply". Even in the VRY exercises, when Mr.Gauranga das answered that the said native will be in the medical field, Gurudeva answered, "Yes, the native was the health minister". So, if he didn't answer, the simple truth is that we are not even upto the minimum level. So, we have to work hard, think and pray to give the wisdom. (BTW, knowing the answer and content oneself by not telling students is itself a tapaswi nature. This shows the contentment of our Gurudeva)

This method is pretty difficult, but, we will gain more than simple teaching.

This is purely my understanding of Gurudeva's method of teaching. I may be totally wrong."

Thanks

your fellow student

Solai Kannan

HARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNA