IndiaDivine.org

Swee on nodes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear learned ones,

Thought I'd seek out the rara avis privately on a couple of tenets about the nodes that was bothering me awhile now. She ravished with customary erudition, which is well worth a read. Here's the transcript:

Q: When singly placed, they say the nodes act like the owner of the house. Nonsense, I say.

A: If you go through the notes on Graha Madhya, you will notice that in amongst the notes on the number of retrograde revolutions of Mars, Jupiter etc., it talks about the pâta (nodes). In this way, if Rahu is singly placed, it will definitely act like the owner of the house due to its retrograde motion. Its effulgence from where it is placed will outshine into the next 2 houses. For example, mine is placed in the 8th it will have effects on the 8th, the 7th, 9th besides the 4th, 2nd and 12th.

Q: When with a graha, the nodes behave like that graha. More nonsense, in my opinion.

A: According to Narada Samhita or with any classics for that matter, a rasi will definitely have more say when there is a planet in it. Otherwise, if that rasi is empty, only basic indications can be concluded. Bearing this in mind, if my lagna lord were to be in an inimical rasi or if it were in a very friendly rasi. This is a permanent feature. In perpetual metamorphosis, it can be seen in the transit of this planet. The highlighted area happens in the natal and transit chart when a planet is in a house/rasi.

Let's say I have a visitor of (foreign descent) in my house, that visitor is a friend of mine, he/she will have to behave according to the rules and regulations of my house. At the same time, I also enjoy his/her company. (Venus in friendly rasi and a friend visiting in that friendly environment).

So what will be the scenario if both these friends (my friend and I, Venus) go on short break by the lake (duration of transit) and visit her ex boyfriend's wife (transitting Rahu in Taurus) whom she does not like (hostile environment) though I (Venus transitting in own sign) am neutral to her. But when she began to behave very badly in front of me, I had no choice but to put up with it. The house by the lake is also my " home " so not to upset the apple cart, I (Venus) will put up with it as both our houses are by the lake (Rahu exalted in Taurus and Venus in own sign).

The effect on the 9th house has a special mention in my chart. The 9th lord is Saturn in retrograde, and would be carrying heavy karmic links from the past. This is why Narada Samhita also states that a retrograde planet behaves like it is in malefic amsa. This has a knock on effect on my 5th and Saturn has 3rd aspect over Rahu.

The 9th house, though owned by Saturn, is denoted by Jupiter who has a direct influence over Rahu. The karmic link with these three planets, Rahu, Saturn and Jupiter are so strong you can see them gathering together in Navamsa. So which one is the strongest of the 3? If it was not for Guru in direct motion and has a strong hold over the other 2, I definitely would not have survived my delirium when I was 36. I had to meet my Guru first. So planets placed anywhere are not coincidental.

[end]

At this point in time, I'll just accept as dictum the definitive " if Rahu is singly placed, it will definitely act like the owner of the house due to its retrograde motion " assertion. The inference that the nodes on their own cannot turn malefic but require another malefic to become so is eye-opening, but I'd probably not grasped true meanings of astro dicta earlier.

It leaves me wondering what happens if a node is solely placed in a functionally benefic rasi - is it to be treated a functional benefic in the chart, regardless of all else?

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar