IndiaDivine.org

Argala - what influences what?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gurudev (or Narasimha, Sarat or anybody else, to this end),

Please accept my respectful obeisances. Jaya Jagannath!

I am somewhat confused about how Argala is used in some places in COVA. Generally, the planet WHICH causes argala interferes in the matters of the respective houses. How then can I understand the statements like:

"THe ascendant (being the eleventh from the third) has argala and shows that such short joneys have a direct bearing on the health and status of the native".

To me it would be to interpret it vice versa - something like "the condition of one's health and status will influence the ability (and neccesety) of short joneys" (1st causes argala on the 3rd). And the above statement would be true in the sense that if there are malefic in the 3rd (argala on the 1st) then the native would be fond of such excercise like jogging and this would have a positive bearing on the health. And benefics in the 3rd would have counter-argala because of lack of physical action.

Similarly, another passage: "The eight house has argala on the fourth, fiths, tenth and eleventh houses showing ones ogeneral state of happiness and living coditions, mantra, children and supporters, spouse, Karma and gains have a direct bearing onlengevity. THus it is vital to bear in mind that the birth chart alone is not the final say in determining longevity. The texts say that the saints and spiritualists (YND - mantra, 5th) extend tehir life as per their desire. Similarly many people t5end to lose longevity due to their karma (YND - 10th)"

Again, my (mis-?)understanding of argal would be that one's longevity interferes into the affairs of the above mentioned houses - like "One's longevity and turmoil in life will influence one's happiness, the conditions of one's wife, children and friends as well as the karma he manages to do".

It seems, I still have a wrong understanding of the argala concept. Can you please clarify my confusion.

your shishya,

Yasomatinandana das